ADVERTISEMENT

Ok Lets Hear It ! !

Joe swain... guard/ defensive end murphy is not playing this year. Wants to focus on 2 sports(baseball/ wrestling).

Look folks it’s very simple and with all do respect quit tooting the horns for East Surry and Murphy because I can tell you if you think Tarboro has been fast last two years get ready to get blistered on the gridiron this year. I think it’s highly commendable that East Surry has D1 athletes and I’m proud of the young men for doing well in the classroom and on the field because they have certainly earned those offers but to think Tarboro isn’t number #1 in this ridiculous poll is absolutely absurd. Why Tarboro continues to get no respect in these polls is comical because just about every year they are at the finish line. East Surrys coach states last year that there are books out there that teach how to beat a team like Tarboro with the offense they run and we see how well that worked out. And credit is due to Boaz and Gosnell but Gosnell was the backbone of that whole team and I give him total respect because he can play. Is Tarboro beatable most certainly any team is on any given day but I’m just frustrated and tired of hearing about Murphy and Mt Airy and etc etc because until Tarboro is beaten by any of the teams out west they should remain #1 in any poll

Look folks it’s very simple and with all do respect quit tooting the horns for East Surry and Murphy because I can tell you if you think Tarboro has been fast last two years get ready to get blistered on the gridiron this year. I think it’s highly commendable that East Surry has D1 athletes and I’m proud of the young men for doing well in the classroom and on the field because they have certainly earned those offers but to think Tarboro isn’t number #1 in this ridiculous poll is absolutely absurd. Why Tarboro continues to get no respect in these polls is comical because just about every year they are at the finish line. East Surrys coach states last year that there are books out there that teach how to beat a team like Tarboro with the offense they run and we see how well that worked out. And credit is due to Boaz and Gosnell but Gosnell was the backbone of that whole team and I give him total respect because he can play. Is Tarboro beatable most certainly any team is on any given day but I’m just frustrated and tired of hearing about Murphy and Mt Airy and etc etc because until Tarboro is beaten by any of the teams out west they should remain #1 in any poll

What are you even talking about? Everyone on these boards knows Tarboro is top dog and every poll I've seen has them #1. Get out of here with that "oh we get no respect" whining.

Tarboro hasn’t played anybody in the west yet, until they play Murphy they haven’t beat the best.

At least he is playing 2 sports and not just focusing on one. I hope he isn't playing baseball year round though.
I agree, they should be playing 2 sports in my opinion. Focus on their love and do a minor sport to take a few months off. That’s the problem with football. Hard to minor in it if you truly love something else.

Wow. So Tarboro is basically a Charter?
If Tarboro can get out of district kids then thise Championships are tainted.
Im not a Tarboro basher but that changes everything.
No Tarboro is not a charter the charter school hasn’t been there for very long and their football program collapsed in no time. Tarboro won championships before the charter school and you also have the Early College which hurts attendance

I'm just saying that because tarboro fans said Tarboro had county wide open enrollment, which is basically a charter.
Same advantage as a charter.

I'm just saying that because tarboro fans said Tarboro had county wide open enrollment, which is basically a charter.
Same advantage as a charter.
I don't want to spread misinformation here, but open enrollment doesn't equal Charter school. Tarboro High is a public school run by the Edgecombe County Board of Education. Each seat on the board is filled by public elections. Charter schools are run by a school board appointed by the non-profit organization which holds the charter. Also, public schools are obligated to take any eligible student that requests enrollment while the same is not true for charter schools.

Reactions: 3daughters
I don't want to spread misinformation here, but open enrollment doesn't equal Charter school. Tarboro High is a public school run by the Edgecombe County Board of Education. Each seat on the board is filled by public elections. Charter schools are run by a school board appointed by the non-profit organization which holds the charter. Also, public schools are obligated to take any eligible student that requests enrollment while the same is not true for charter schools.

LEAs can deny transfer request in public schools. Usually for reasons such as discipline records and attendance.

1. Columbia
2. Lejeune
3. Camden County
4. South Davidson
5. Perquimans
6. North Stokes
7. Pender
8. Jones Senior
9. North Moore
10. Hayesville

This is my top ten preseason prediction for 1A.

1. Columbia
2. Lejeune
3. Camden County
4. South Davidson
5. Perquimans
6. North Stokes
7. Pender
8. Jones Senior
9. North Moore
10. Hayesville

Looks good.
Mine's about the same

This is my top ten preseason prediction for 1A.

Where it concerns education, the school choice movement is one of the best things that has ever happened to our education system. I for one applaud any legislation that furthers it. I do however hate the price that is paid for small public school sports, and feel a reclassification is necessary due to that. But regardless, inconsistencies in sports is small in comparison to educational benefits.

The whole school choice thing is good in theory but it's going to become a disaster in NC because of the lack of oversight on charter schools. Follow the money.

NWC
ES
Mt. Airy
Bishop
NS
SS
Prep

East will continue to be strong but what will they get out of the QB? If it’s JB, he is not as efficient running like Gosnell, which may turn them into a one dimensional team. They have a good WR Corp but it all comes down to QB play.

Mt. Airy will keep on ticking but where will that passing game be without the Greens! Teams may look to stack the box without a proven WR or two.

Bishop has the return of Charlie Jones and word is they had 65 kids sign. They will be young but I’m hearing they have more athleticism, speed and size along with returning RB, Daniel Cancro who will be a Jr. can these kids get coached up to compete for second with the Veteran Coach Jones and the returning DC.

NS will be a surprise but are returning quite a few players who play hard!! If they can keep those guys and bring in just a few more legit athletes it will be interesting.

SS will be rebuilding but Diamont won’t disappoint even though it will take him a couple of years.

Prep has low numbers once again and is there really a drive for most of the players since they are traditionally a basketball school? They are losing some key players as well.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
I swear I would love to see a Tarboro vs Murphy matchup!
No offense to Murphy or any of the good folks in 1A, but I really want another crack at Wallace Rose Hill. As much as 1A doesn’t really want us, I would love for us to somehow get back into 2A ball.

NWC
ES
Mt. Airy
Bishop
NS
SS
Prep

Prep has low numbers once again and is there really a drive for most of the players since they are traditionally a basketball school? They are losing some key players as well.

Is Zaire Patterson one of those key players Prep is losing? I know nothing of the situation, and I know he also plays basketball and that program is good, but you have to wonder if a 4-star recruit would want to stay at a 1A cellar-dweller.

No offense to Murphy or any of the good folks in 1A, but I really want another crack at Wallace Rose Hill. As much as 1A doesn’t really want us, I would love for us to somehow get back into 2A ball.
Facts! We definitely should’ve won the last time we played them. We just came out in the 4th qtr and went away from what was working for us!

I would enjoy watching that rematch. I'll be in that area more often once this agency move to Rocky Mount is complete.

Count the students you send ec and you’ll be right back to being a whipping boy of Wallace Rose Hill

Whipping boy?? Someone back me on this but aren’t we ahead all time or split with Wallace ? We were winning the majority of the game the last time we played them in 16. Not sure that counts as whipping boy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT