ADVERTISEMENT

NW 4A/3A

Burkeforreal

Aug 21, 2006
This was the title of thread bout 2 years ago so here we go. Season is upon us and should have some decent exciting games from most of the teams every week. Sure beats 2A conf that's gonna send Hibriten to low gate sales every fri night night, hopefully not but when every conf game is predictable what would a fan expect.

Someone kick off the game thoughts and predictions I don't have the schedules in front of me, matter of fact I don't have them at all lol. My poster partner Pats oughta have something, help me out Pats lol. I'm just starting the thread

Shelby vs Freedom=Shelby
A.C. vs Burns = A.C.
Hickory vs Statesville =Statesville
Watauga vs TC Robertson =Watauga
McDowell vs RS central = flip a coin
South Caldwell is off
Saint vs anyone =anyone

Beamer, you da' man.

Ok my 2 cents

Shelby- For anyone wanting to know how the rest of season may go for the highly anticipated new and improved Freedom this will be the game to watch. Could be a good way to size em up if it's close. Shelby by 14 that's if Freedom is good.

A.C.- ok Burns ain't bad but I'll give the tater town rowdies benefit of the doubt. Will be a close one. AC by 7( the Burke guess)

Statesville- another must see if we are to think Hickory will rise from the grave. I'll give it a closer score than usual but Statesville will be Statesville.

TC Rob- sorry but too many senior losses for the Boonies will take its toll even if well coached and prepared. TC looked pretty good against Freedom last year but so did a lot of teams ha ha. TC in a close one.

RSC- they're decent but if McDowell is as bad as y'all say I'd have to go with RS in yet another close one. May be decent game for what it is.

South Caldwell- at least we'll know rest of season that they'll have a game every fri from now on. They'll find a way to beat themselves lol.

Is Saint really THAT bad? Where is the love lol

Beamer, you da' man.

Ok my 2 cents

Shelby- For anyone wanting to know how the rest of season may go for the highly anticipated new and improved Freedom this will be the game to watch. Could be a good way to size em up if it's close. Shelby by 14 that's if Freedom is good.

A.C.- ok Burns ain't bad but I'll give the tater town rowdies benefit of the doubt. Will be a close one. AC by 7( the Burke guess)

Statesville- another must see if we are to think Hickory will rise from the grave. I'll give it a closer score than usual but Statesville will be Statesville.

TC Rob- sorry but too many senior losses for the Boonies will take its toll even if well coached and prepared. TC looked pretty good against Freedom last year but so did a lot of teams ha ha. TC in a close one.

RSC- they're decent but if McDowell is as bad as y'all say I'd have to go with RS in yet another close one. May be decent game for what it is.

South Caldwell- at least we'll know rest of season that they'll have a game every fri from now on. They'll find a way to beat themselves lol.

Don't know anyone's schedule. Help me out Beamer.

Freedom over Shelby :):)
Ac over Burns
Hickory over Statesville in a close one
TC over Watauga
RS over Mcdowell

Shelby (be interesting to see if Freedom can hang around)
Alex Central
Statesville
Watauga
R-S Central

Beamer, you da' man.

Ok my 2 cents

Seems like an odd thing to say about South when they have a new coaching staff. Unless you just think they are a dumb football team? At least they have an extra week to get some of that beat yourself mentality out I suppose.

Seems like an odd thing to say about South when they have a new coaching staff. Unless you just think they are a dumb football team? At least they have an extra week to get some of that beat yourself mentality out I suppose.

Just sarcasm and comical relief. A reliable source says they will struggle this year. I don't want that as much as you don't and the team don't trust me. I've enjoyed watching South over the years. My aluma mater is gonna struggle this year too and prob years to come. Sources say they will. But I hope they're wrong.

Well I saw EB and South scrimmage and I can say that there is a lot of room for improvement on both ends. South will benefit in the long run with this scheme. EB will def benefit getting away from that conference they were in. We will take getting better on or end in year 1

Well EB sure got their tails handed to them last night. Was they terrible or West just that good?

Well EB sure got their tails handed to them last night. Was they terrible or West just that good?

Outside of one long run from the EB quarterback they could not muster any offense against the Warriors. EB's passing game is non-existent. WC is about what I expected. They are better than most of the posters on this board are giving them credit for but still have a lot of room for improvement. The officials stepped early in the 3rd quarter and started calling anything and everything they could against WC to keep the game respectable. The game was not as close as the score indicated. Also proud of he sportsmanship from both sides. Not a single un-sportsman like penalty called in the game. That was uncommon last year for WC.

Reactions: icardcav3
Freedom over Shelby :):)
Ac over Burns
Hickory over Statesville in a close one
TC over Watauga
RS over Mcdowell

Looks like the haters are continuing the negativity against the boys from Boone. Watch out for Watauga this season, their offense is just as good as last year. I believe they just dropped 40 on a TCR team that returned 8 upperclassmen on defense.

Beamer, you da' man.

Ok my 2 cents

Ok fellas this is my prediction in review. Notice how close-

Originally Shelby by 14 well it was by 7. I was a TD off. Told ya it'd be the one to see as far as seeing how the rest of season my go. Patriots looking good. Shelby mighta looked sloppy I dunno. Whole long post on that one alone.

The Burke guess on AC by 7. Wow, sure was.

I picked TC over Watauga but they squeezed by by a point. Still close, love the win though, congrats to the Boonines.

RSC in a close one, I was absolutely right.

South Caldwell- seeing that they are the same level as East Burke just about they sure needed this week to better prep, but it's gonna be a tough year for South. Be a while before a long win streak against West will come back, looking like the old South of the 80s and some of the 90s by what y'all say.

Well...don't know if I'd be sleeping on the Springs road boys. It being a high scoring game but a loss shows Bandys ain't what they used to be and may need to work on their D. The Saint Hickory game oughta be closer but still a Hickory win.

Told ya the Statesville game would be close or figured it would be closer than usual. I think I've changed my mind on Hickory finishing over West. Will be a must see game when those 2 line up.

AC picked to win conf in coachs poll originally. But I'm still going with my faithful heart to the Burke team over thar' near 181.

This conference is gonna be CLOSE!!

Looks like the haters are continuing the negativity against the boys from Boone. Watch out for Watauga this season, their offense is just as good as last year. I believe they just dropped 40 on a TCR team that returned 8 upperclassmen on defense.
No hatin here my man Doss, I like Watauga but really expected a rebuild year. Glad they won and hopefully this continues.

Alright guys on to week 2. Predictions and thoughts and blabbing for each team. The Burke is slacking now cause yet again, no schedule in front of me and no noteworthy games that I can think of other than black n blue up in lenior.

West goes down but not easily.
Y'all fill in the rest lol.

Hickory bye
Freedom by alot over Draughn
Kings Mtn by alot over South Caldwell
Hibriten by a little over West Caldwell
McDowell vs Avery no clue
Saint Stephens by a little over Bunker Hill
Watauga by alot over Ashe County
Alexander Central by a little over Wilkes Central

Reactions: icardcav3
Freedom over Draughn
Kings Mountain over SC
Hibriten over West
McDowell and Avery beat each other
St stephens over Bunker Hill
Watauga over Ashe
Alex Central over Wilkes cen

Well u guys are spot on, can't differ from none of ya. Pretty predictable week of football. The Avery McDowell game would be the only questionable one. I'd give McDowell an edge simply because RSCentral is a decent team from what I gather, full of athletes and McDowell kept it close.

McDowell has a fast qb and 1 small back and a little passing but mostly tha QB. R.S should of won by 3 td ( if's huh ) but fumbles hurt one going in for td and another inside the 20 McDowell only score on offense was a long pass and the other td was blocked punt

McDowell has a fast qb and 1 small back and a little passing but mostly tha QB. R.S should of won by 3 td ( if's huh ) but fumbles hurt one going in for td and another inside the 20 McDowell only score on offense was a long pass and the other td was blocked punt

So North Lincoln scrimmaged RS and moved the ball well on them too?

That's a good thing man. I hope they turn things around an do some big things this year. After sitting in that crazy conf they were in they oughta be tough
No don't get me wrong I was glad to see north doing well really but would have been nice to stop them lol

Their run game wasn't bad like I said out of every one their they looked the best I thought on that day
But we all know how a scrimmage is vewied take it with a grain of salt

No don't get me wrong I was glad to see north doing well really but would have been nice to stop them lol

Their run game wasn't bad like I said out of every one their they looked the best I thought on that day
But we all know how a scrimmage is vewied take it with a grain of salt

I'd say just the fact they moved the ball on these teams is a major plus. I wouldn't wanna think the coaches told their players just to take it easy on North and just play around with them, but could it happen, probably. Or they were just trying differ stuff not caring if it worked or not and mixing in bench warmers with starters.

NL being better than Hickory- Hickory kept it close with Statesville. No easy task.

NL being better than Burns- Burns kept it close and interesting with Alexander Central( a playoff team and conf contender)

NL being better than NGaston- a good thing.

Better than RSC- RS is good and may make playoffs,maybe.

I'd say it's more than a Glimor of hope, they have a playoff shot if they manage to beat Bandys, Lincolnton, and Maiden. Even may have a chance against EL. WL I'd say may come out stronger and surprise people, that's the matchup I wanna come out and see.

Freedom D continues to impress. The offense has plenty of potential, but isn't gelling just yet. Draughn coaches were upset at margin of victory - not sure why, they are always on the bottom end of a thrashing. Draughn's only chance of beating Freedom was last year with B Allen at helm. Not being ugly, just fact.

Freedom D continues to impress. The offense has plenty of potential, but isn't gelling just yet. Draughn coaches were upset at margin of victory - not sure why, they are always on the bottom end of a thrashing. Draughn's only chance of beating Freedom was last year with B Allen at helm. Not being ugly, just fact.

I remember Hibriten being around the same position that Draughn sits in. So will Draughn ever rise above this funk? Prob can if they get extremely serious with the middle school kids and those same kids get motivated to stay with it, come out and keep pushing. Also to not transfer to Freedom ha ha. Not sure if that sorta thing is true or a rumor

It's true. A couple of Draughn kids transferred and are contributing at Freedom. This probably added to Draughn's frustration Friday night

Draughn did once have an athlete named Adam Mann. Before that, Shatley lived in the area and Josh Debro. Both these athletes were too hot for Freedom to handle at the time. Never know what guy or a few guys might spring up and actually stay with their school. Might take a while but it can happen.

FYI The kids who transferred both moved into Thr district. One moved mid end of school year last and decided last minute to come to freedom, so he could go to school with his brother and the other one was another situation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT