ADVERTISEMENT

NW 3A/4A kick starting thoughts/predictions/etc

This page kinda died. Does anyone know how each team has looked in the scrimmages and jamborees so far? Prob nobody has info on saint or Foard or McDowell, or even West. I hear Freedom pretty much lost to ACR in a scrimmage but that's a scrimmage and a new coach against a high state ranked team with a new look, so we can't expect Freedom to come out the gate and be world beaters yet especially after a hard year last year.

Any updated opinions and looks for the other teams after a couple scrimmages?

Hickory beat west Lincoln 21 14 in 30 min game situation. AC beat Maiden 14-0 in live game situation. Hickory will be improved this year. Their defense still needs some work. Qb looked pretty good. Ac will have a good offense again. Defense looked better than last year but they have a ways to go on that end of the ball. They didnt use Godfrey much last night. Id say its a toss up between them and Wat for 2nd place. Freedom should be the favorite.

West looked good last night beat pre season ranked north Rowan 14-13. West was up 7-0 then put the 2nd team in and they fell behind 13-7 and then they put starting offense back in and they drove 80 yards for a game winning TD pass to the European transfer he's a stud on both sides of the ball. West is better some are thinking

I read the scrimmage article before U sent that actually. From someone seeing the actual plays and being there it sounds like you was. The polls had AC finishing first and Watauga second and from all the senior losses from that explosive Watauga team they won't repeat or most likely won't. I agree with ya on Freedom. They'll take it if they put up a good fight with ACR which is a fav 3A school right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT