ADVERTISEMENT

NW 3/4 Awards

beamer24

Jul 16, 2009
Lenior
Allen coach of year BJ Emmons not player of year?
This post was edited on 11/18 6:09 PM by beamer24

HDR

The article states the awards are voted on by all of the conference coaches. I just wander,on occasion, who actually counts those votes.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Never put much stock into all conference players at all. The coaches present the players. I can remember multiple situations where the actual best did not get even nominated. One being here where a kid averaged 9 solos per game and a kid who averaged 1.4 tackles a game got the selection and was named N-C defensive player of year. Made me laugh when I saw it.

Williams had a fantastic year on a team not known for being even an average team. One could only image if he played at a school with speed and talent. For Foard to win 6 games after winning zero the year before was a tremendous accomplishment for Coach Harper.

Pretty interesting to say the least. Emmons missing the last two games
hurt him. He is for sure the best player in the conference. Congrats to
Matt Williams on a great season! Would have been my 2nd choice.
The Defensive Player of the Year is well deserved. Steven Beck is
an amazing player. He lacks size or would be a small D1 recruit.

Of course Allen is going to get coach of the year. He won the conference. It does not happen but a guy bringing a team out of the pits of last place would have gotten my vote. No coach has ever been able to get 100 players out for varsity and junior varsity at Fred T Foard. I am speaking of Coach Harper of course.

Harper was my pick as well..... to take a team from 0-11 to 6-5 says a lot -
and it being Foard says even more! Allen did win the conference which
is nice, but only won 10 games with a team that won 11 the year before, with
basically the same players. Hardin won the conference last year and 11 games
and didn't get it. Obviously,10 wins is off the chart for Allen and he should get
something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT