ADVERTISEMENT

NW 1A/2A Split?

I wouldn't be shocked. Marc Payne has alot of pull in Chapel Hill. I think he will work to make sure the MVAC stays in place which only makes a NW split makes sense imo.

Idk how I missed that. I'd say they will appeal that. That's going to put them in a 3A/4A split possibly and maybe require alot of travel.

So initially yes Forbush will probably replace them.

Surprising! There is more than enough 2As and 1As in the area not to split. Tough for schools that are very small to compete with schools with 800 plus kids! Plus there is not much travel if you kept the schools with similar size together in the area.

Surprising! There is more than enough 2As and 1As in the area not to split. Tough for schools that are very small to compete with schools with 800 plus kids! Plus there is not much travel if you kept the schools with similar size together in the area.

The 1As in the MVAC have more than held their own.

Ashe is 3A. Forbush will probably take their place in the MVAC.
Idk how I missed that. I'd say they will appeal that. That's going to put them in a 3A/4A split possibly and maybe require alot of travel.

So initially yes Forbush will probably replace them.

Likely the Northwestern 4A and yes they will be traveling A LOT. Closest school is Watauga. I think they send McDowell back to the mountains just so they don’t have to travel an hour and 45 minutes there.

Likely the Northwestern 4A and yes they will be traveling A LOT. Closest school is Watauga. I think they send McDowell back to the mountains just so they don’t have to travel an hour and 45 minutes there.
Several Asheville schools going 4A so you’re probably right on McDowell.

I think it makes more sense for North Iredell, West Iredell, and Statesville to go with Catawba.

Ashe could also end up in a 2A/3A split with the 3 Wilkes schools, Hibriten and West Caldwell. That would push 1A schools into a straight 1A conference.

That would make things difficult for Watauga and AC though.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT