ADVERTISEMENT

Now the PC Police are after the " Tar Heels"

SPRaiders78

May 24, 2020
Belmont
Y'all were alright with em coming after the Redskins. Im just an old white guy for trying to protect The South Point Red Raiders. What do you Carolina graduates think about em coming after you?

It will not happen. I say that but who knows. Duke will be next followed NC State Wolfpack.

This is pretty stupid in my opinion and I doubt it will ever get any traction. Luckily, it seems there were only 12 protesters at the event so it seems like a fringe group at most.

It may have been a fringe group but thats exactly how most of these things get started, they are already trying to get UNC athletes on board with it.

Reactions: btango
It’s a completely different situation than the Redskins name. Also different from the Jim Crowe era statues and monuments. Different context completely.

Regardless, the Tar Heel name most likely predates the Civil War anyway (not that it matters). Another example of people not knowing their history. It would be a shame if it gained steam.

I’m not a UNC grad, nor a fan of them in any way.... this one is just folks seeing what they can stir up. The other ones involving cultural appropriation, That’s fine.

Ya know, they tried to change NCSU to UNC-Raleigh back several decades ago. That didn’t go over well. Lol.

Reactions: Crest is Garbage
It would be a shame to you because you support UNC. I don't think it would be any more of a shame than any other team being forced to change their name.

During the American Civil War Confederate soldiers from the state of North Carolina were referred to as Far Heels.

Why do you say non story, tarheel fan? Again it is every bit as much of a story as Redskins, Rebels or any other nic name the PC Police harass. I'm not in favor of changing UNC's name either and I'm not a fan but Carolina should be as vulnerable as anybody else.

I was a life long fan, right up to the point of them allowing the marxist to destroy Silent Sam! As far as I am concerned they deserve what they get! And they beyond a shadow of a doubt they don't deserve to be called Tar Heels, the boys that title were far better men than these bozos could ever hope to be!

Reactions: Ooooner and crest91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT