ADVERTISEMENT

Now that the pairings are "officially" posted...any thoughts?

South Johnston got dumped for a 4 win team. Process sucks. NCHSAA looked horrible releasing inaccurate brackets.
That being said, some really interesting matchups.

Possible 3rd round matchup between Jacksonville and Western Alamance is really interesting.
Also possibly Sun Valley vs Tabor should SV get it done which I think they can, I think they beat Marvin the second time around.
Yes that would be a whale of a ball game. We have to take them one at a time.

*checks bracket
I am suddenly a HUGE Northside fan...Monarchs will take this one ;)
No in all seriousness, Jacksonville vs Sanford will be a whale of a game too
I tell you what the Monarchs are not a bad ball club. They got a little banged up. But this is a rivalry game so anything could happen. They don't like Jacksonville and Jacksonville doesn't like them. Their kids will be ready to play. But so will the Cards.

I tell you what the Monarchs are not a bad ball club. They got a little banged up. But this is a rivalry game so anything could happen. They don't like Jacksonville and Jacksonville doesn't like them. Their kids will be ready to play. But so will the Cards.
Crazy part of it all is that if Onslow county would just have one centrally located high school. White Oak High school is 4.2 miles from Jacksonville high. Northside if you cut down a few trees you could see it from Jacksonville high they are like 2.3 miles apart. SWO is like 5 miles away. Richlands is 7 miles. Imagine what football would be like in Onslow county with lets say. Onslow County High School

Did not think Forestview would get in. Sad to see they play Kings Mountain again after one of the worse losses 2 weeks ago against KM.

Crazy part of it all is that if Onslow county would just have one centrally located high school. White Oak High school is 4.2 miles from Jacksonville high. Northside if you cut down a few trees you could see it from Jacksonville high they are like 2.3 miles apart. SWO is like 5 miles away. Richlands is 7 miles. Imagine what football would be like in Onslow county with lets say. Onslow County High School
The combined ADM of Onslow County is over 4,000. That would be by far the biggest school in the state. Splitting it up would make for two good sized 4a schools.

My question is this. The people running the NCHSAA are being paid right so what are they getting paid to do? After these brackets were posted it showed me that the outsourcing this association is doing perhaps we need new people running the NCHSAA

People have pissed and moaned for years about the way the NCHSAA handles the seeding process. They wanted someone else to do it. They wanted SOS. So, the NCHSAA gave them what they wanted. Guess what. People are still pissing and moaning.

The NCAA Men's Basketball Committee could seed the NCHSAA football playoffs and people still wouldn't be happy. No matter what, you have to win on December 9th. 8 teams will.

The combined ADM of Onslow County is over 4,000. That would be by far the biggest school in the state. Splitting it up would make for two good sized 4a schools.

Over 7,000 would be more likely. Seven high schools in the county.

People have pissed and moaned for years about the way the NCHSAA handles the seeding process. They wanted someone else to do it. They wanted SOS. So, the NCHSAA gave them what they wanted. Guess what. People are still pissing and moaning.

The NCAA Men's Basketball Committee could seed the NCHSAA football playoffs and people still wouldn't be happy. No matter what, you have to win on December 9th. 8 teams will.

Are you really defending this process?

There are so many Schools built in the last 12 Years in NC and it’s starting to push numbers down

Split conferences ruins it all. Go to 6 classifications for football only (1A-6A) and that will ease a lot of the pain. Oh yea, that would take money out of the NCHSAA's pocket. Never mind.

Reactions: notashelbyfan
Split conferences ruins it all. Go to 6 classifications for football only (1A-6A) and that will ease a lot of the pain. Oh yea, that would take money out of the NCHSAA's pocket. Never mind.

You are probably not very well informed on the times the NCHSAA admin has approached the schools about reducing the playoff teams.

Three years ago the NCHSAA went to the schools and presented several proposals that were felt could improve football and their playoffs. One plan would align football and the non football sports separately. Football would be either five or six classifications. Non football would stay at the current four. One comment that was mentioned at more than one meeting, with five classifications for football could they still subdivide (to ten champions) and it was not the NCHSAA admin saying that.

This year the NCHSAA requested 1A and 4A to go to four rounds and 32 teams total. Very big backlash from the schools with 48 of the 76 teams eventually qualifying.

They have remained steady supporting four classifications as being best for non football sports as it is competitive as is and less personnel is required to field those teams.

You're right btango....I forgot about that. But the first part of my statement is still true. Split conferences suck and cause seeding issues throughout the state.

Reactions: btango
The pod system was the worst I thought. Now you have a computer picking the playoff seeding....NCHSAA is a joke really.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT