ADVERTISEMENT

Not NC but its fall football

My thoughts on this Fridays game, Buffalo hosting the Butler Bears. With our loss last week the Bison dropped out of the top 10 rankings in class 3 from #9. Butler who is class 2 jumped from 15th to #7. Looking at the video of Butlers win last week 61-7 they look to be pretty well balanced in running and passing. Not a lot of big boys and didnt look all that fast. They block pretty good and didnt seem to get out of synch.
but it was just the highlights and didnt show the entire game. Although winning 61-7 I dont think they made very many bad plays. Should be a good game if we play to our regular level. Hope to see my Bison play a lot better first half than last week. We seem this year to have strong second half.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Yes Mo. is playing, but not without problems. We had two games kanked last week, and the team that beat us had theirs canned all due to virus outbreaks, So far all the coaches have been great in accepting games on a short notice. We both only had two days to prepare for last weeks game. Aurora had it figured out first half and Buffalo made changes at the half and came back. Aurora is in a tough conference with a couple State champs. They are a real good team. We usually dont play them.

This Friday night will be another tough one for both teams. Butler is 5-0 but has to travel 2 hours to us. Non the less I expect both to be ready. I'm at the river again this week but will be home before noon Friday. Will make the 20 minute drive EARLY to get a better seat than last home game. I had to sit on the bottom row at about the 40. Games start at 7 so I will get there at least by 6, probably before.

GOOOOOOOOOOOO BISOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
High Point Christian, the only school in our area that has been playing, closed the school for two weeks and went back to remote learning for that time. All sports suspended for two weeks.

Appalachian just postponed their rematch from last year’s championship game until December. Had been scheduled for next Wednesday against Louisiana.

I’m very hopeful that a spring season will allow for a complete schedule. The stop and start nature of this year’s season in all sports and at all levels is, to me, more disruptive than waiting until February. I have season tickets for App, but wouldn’t dream of making plans under the circumstances.

Gonna be low 50's at game time tonight and low 40s at the end. Will probably get our first FROST tonight. NOW that's football weather ........ ❄❄

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Back from the river and a great week of camping and fishing, I even caught fish .... 😎 Ate some Wednesday night and brought some home. Off to the BIG game around 5:45, game starts at 7. Gonna be a super cool night. HOT DOGS or Hamburgers for supper at the game along with some pop corn. Wish all you were here. Report back later tonight on the outcome.

If we are gonna win tonight, #1, QB Jamen Smith will have to have another big night. His stats so far thru 5 games, has thrown for 996 yards and 14 touchdowns while rushing for 589 yards and 10 touchdowns. He will go over 1000 yds in pass yardage and should pass 700 in rushing.

SWO-1, ordinarily, we would be playing game six, tonight; it would be the mid-point of regular season... Earlier today, I was over at our stadium. It was chilly and you could smell the grass. I'm not sure what, but something is very wrong with this thing... Enjoy the game and good luck to Buffalo.

It was a cool, crisp night on the top row at Buffalo hosting Butler. Smith our QB had a real good night, sadly he was the only Bison that did. He got his passing and rushing yards as I predicted but he was a one man show for Buffalo. His passes were ropes on target but the receivers couldnt catch a cold. Dropped two wide open in the end zone first half or we would have went in tied or within 1 or two. As it was went in at half down 24-7. Second half we stayed with em but couldnt catch up, lost 46-20.

I can see why Butler is ranked #7 in class 2. Awsome run game and stout defense. They only threw 1 pass and it was a two point conversion at end of 1st half. 4-6 yards a carry I would say and ran every which way it can be done. Two real good backs. The defense put on as tackling clinic. Every stop was a wrap-up at the knees or below.

They either had no kicker or chose not to kick as they converted 4 of 6 2 point conversions. They squibbed every kickoff and I think tried to keep it away Smith who returns kicks also. One squib bounced thru the up men and Smith returned it 50+ yards.

Reactions: UNC91
The Buffalo Bison take a short bus ride 30 miles down the road for game #7 against the Fair Grove Eagles. Both teams sit at 4-2 with Buffalo in first in their district and Fair Grove second in theirs. A nice stadium with stands on both sides and good parking. Been there when my grand sons played. Gonna be a warm night so no foul weather gear ..... 😎

BIG Rival game of the year for both teams. Each set at 4-2. Coach Phillips said all we have to do to get the kids fired up is say "We play Fair Grove this week". Two QBs that are just alike. Both Run an Pass well. Schools are 20 miles apart. The school district lines split families and friends. It's gonna be a goodern. Game starts at 7, I'll be there at 6.

Good luck to the Buffalo Bison, SWO-1, glad you’re getting to go out and cheer them on.
Fair Grove sure sounds like a nice place. We have a small neighborhood named Elm Grove..Actually, it is what’s left of one of the old cotton mill villages.
I knew a man from there who was an all state football player at Lincolnton High, back in the early 1950’s. He is also in the Carolinas Golden Gloves Boxing Hall of Fame. He looked like a bulldog.
Anyway, all the best to you and your team.

Reactions: SWO-#1
Buffalo - 44 Fair Grove- 30

A good game for the Bison. Back to playing like the first 4 games. We led 17-14 at half. Like all year came out smokin 2nd half. Big crowd. I got their early and got on the top row ar the 45. Sat next to a FG fan and had good consersation all game, Nice fellow. Home game next week with Springfield Central. They had three guys there scouting us.

This friday game could be one of those games. Central is 0-6 and plays today. They got beat by a boarding school .... :eek: All but the boarding school game were blowouts.

Central is the oldest high school having been built in 1893 and opened in 1894. The original building of red brick is still standing and used, Although many additions have been made. It is 4 stories with basement and tunnels under. The hallways had live ivy growing on the walls. It has since been removed in the 1970s.

SF Central playing the Missouri Military Academy today. 2 minutes left in the game with the Academy up 27-12. Central driving but they are toast and will go O-Fer 7.

It's Final ....Central maintains a perfect record so far, 0-7, losing today 27-12.

It's been warm here last 3-4 days. Going back to normal Monday, Highs 60s and lows 40s. Two more games in regular season an then playoffs start. We should win easy this Friday and last game will be BIG. Undefeated (4-0 so far, maybe not when we see em, Warsaw Wildcats come to town for the final. Warsaws last two weeks games were canceled. This week they have Skyline at home. Skyline is a small class 1 school and is a Giant Killer. If it were closer I would go to that one, its just 35 miles to Skyline.

Goin back to the river Monday for trout and small mouth fishing. Be back Friday.

It's game day ..... :p Just got back from a great week at the river. Fabulous fall weather.

Springfield Central brings their perfect record, 0-7, to Buffalo. Gonna be a super fall night for HS Football. Last week the Smith boys were a terror. Both scoring 2 TDs, had interceptions, recovered fumbles, and kicked great. Should be a sleeper except for the fireworks. We have a fire works factory in Buffalo. They set up for home games and shoot em off on entry, after every score and and the end. Should be a lot of em tonight. Will get there at 6 again for the 7 o'clock kickoff.

GOOOOOOOOOOOO BISOOOOOOOOOON

Rub it in lol

I do feel kinda bad about being able to watch HS foorball this fall .......NAW not reallly ..... 😎

Only good thing for me this year I will get two seasons, here now, and in Feb. My SWO Stallions on the World Wide Broadcast in living color with Billy and Melvin. Also will do the play-by-play on here.

Lets Get Ready To Rumbbbbbbbbbble

Jamen Smith our QB scored 6 times the first half. 2 runs, 2 passes, kickoff return and returned a block field goal, Jared Smith scored twice, 1 run and caught a pass for another. 55-7 at half so I came home. Running clock 2nd half.

SWO-1, congratulations on your win against Central. Good luck against Warsaw. Speaking of Warsaw, that might be an ominous name when it comes to football. Remember the 1AA team James Kenan Tigers, from Warsaw, NC ?

SWO-1, congratulations on your win against Central. Good luck against Warsaw. Speaking of Warsaw, that might be an ominous name when it comes to football. Remember the 1AA team James Kenan Tigers, from Warsaw, NC ?

Thanks Lincolnton. As a side note Warsaw got the brakes beat off last night by a little Class 1 team, Skyline, 52-8. So no more unbeaten record for them. Our final was 55-13, Coach Phillips played the freshman QB and a bunch of 2nd stringers all second half. With the running clock we just went thru the motions, a good practice for em.

Yes am very familiar with the Paper Tigers from Warsaw. Last time we met ( I think ) was in 2012 for the Eastern Div title. Oh yea we won 1 AA that year .... good memory.

LOL, paper tigers, I don't know. They're usually pretty tough. I recall the 2012 SWO team defeating a very good Swain County team.
2012 was a bad year for us, in more than one way, East Lincoln won the 2A state title. Lord, it hurts my brain to even think that.

Last edited:
Reactions: SWO-#1 and UNC91
One more regular season game, then the Playoffs start.

32 teams in each class ....NO automatic qualifiers

top 32 are determined by Playoff points earned during regular season.

Points are awarded for Wins, Strength of Schedule, No. of games played, also a loss to an opponent who is bigger or a better strength of schedule gets points.

Buffalo is in good shape. We have played a full schedule and our two loses are to better teams.

Next Sunday the MHSAA will publish the playoff brackets. 5 games to win the Championship. We lost in the third round last year to the Champs, Blair Oaks.

Teams that have not played a full 9 games are at a disadvantage. As is our opponent this Friday, Warsaw. They had 3 games cancelled this year as did a lot of other teams in all Classes.

Its Thursday and District Standing and Points, and Power Ratings are out.

Buffalo sits in 1st place in their District by a wide margin. We are not in the top 10 Power Rankings (all classes) but listed as a team to watch.

Fridays game with Warsaw is a conference game and we are favored to win by all area pickers.

Starting next week District Tournaments start. We are in a 6 team district so 3 games. With our lead cant fall any further than 2nd. All tournament games will be home. We are in the playoffs of 32 teams in Class 3, the district tournaments will decide seeding. With all the cancelled games and no season for some playoffs brackets will be a mess. I see where there will be a delay on releasing the brackets.

In the 50s-40s tomorrow night with a chance of rain. Who knows what will happen it that mess. Baring lightning the game will go on.

Its Thursday and District Standing and Points, and Power Ratings are out.

Buffalo sits in 1st place in their District by a wide margin. We are not in the top 10 Power Rankings (all classes) but listed as a team to watch.

Fridays game with Warsaw is a conference game and we are favored to win by all area pickers.

Starting next week District Tournaments start. We are in a 6 team district so 3 games. With our lead cant fall any further than 2nd. All tournament games will be home. We are in the playoffs of 32 teams in Class 3, the district tournaments will decide seeding. With all the cancelled games and no season for some playoffs brackets will be a mess. I see where there will be a delay on releasing the brackets.

In the 50s-40s tomorrow night with a chance of rain. Who knows what will happen it that mess. Baring lightning the game will go on.
I think you stated clearly why I’m glad NC is waiting until February. All the stops and starts are worse than waiting. That’s the part of “other states are playing” that we don’t always hear.

I think you stated clearly why I’m glad NC is waiting until February. All the stops and starts are worse than waiting. That’s the part of “other states are playing” that we don’t always hear.

Yea its kinda messed up this year, but still better than waiting till spring for football. I dont mind the delays in brackets and such. One thing you dont see here is posters putting up early brackets, and seeding. The Missouri HS football forum is just about useless. All classes lumped into one board. The bigger class 4-5 teams, and powerhouses get all the action. I follow the Bison, Class 3 and Skyline Tigers, Class 1. With only 3 large metro areas, St. Louis, Kansas City, and Spring Field, the large majority of teams are Rural, Class 3 and down.

Its game day and at 1030 its 46 deg and on off showers. The local weather guru says all moisture gone by 1400. NO RAIN tonight but will be in the 30s at 7 o'clock game time. I will take a thurmos of Hot choc tonight. No coffee as it just goes thru me and the heads (bathrooms for you sand crabs) are on the other side of the field. They dont have the new snack bar and bathrooms done on the new home side yet. I'll take my heated cushion I use for turkey and deer hunting. Also have my full sole feet warmers on along with whatever else I can throw on. Will get a new team hat at the team gear table, mine is over 3 years old and does not have the new Bison Head logo on it. Got a real nice warm Hoodie last game. As always seniors get in free but I always give em 5 bucks for donation, Support Your Local team ..... 🤩

Wish ya'll were here or at a HS game somewhere !!

It was a cold, wet, with bitter wind and 41 at game time. Field was wet and slippery. Both teams had trouble with footing. Warsaw was bigger, we were faster. But our speed was negated on turning the corners.

Opening kickoff was an onsides by Warsaw. They recovered at our 48. Drove down and scored with the big line getting the backs 2-4 yards a carry. They scored and got the two point conversion, 8-0.

Next kickoff was an onsides also but we recovered. About 20 yards first carry and then the QB Jamen Smith took it around the corner for the TD. Ball fell over on the Extra point try and no good, 8-6.

Next kickoff and we held them to 4 and out, took over on our 40. A no gain by a QB keeper first play. Then on another keeper around right side it was a reverse to Jared Smith who went all the way. Good EP and 13-8 Bison. Next series by Warsaw they punted on about their own 30 after having a good run brought back by holding. We drove down to the 13 and had 4th down. Jamen Smith refused to go down, breaking at least 3 tackles and taking it up the middle and scored, 20-8 Bison. Warsaw drove down and scored with 3 minutes left in the half cutting it to 20-16. Then the seemingly confused refs took over. Lining up for another onsides kick Warsaw was flagged for to many players on the field before the Kicker even teed it up. After a heated exchange between the Wildcat coach and umpire the ball was marked off on the flag. The onsides kick only went 9 yards and we got it. On the first play Smith rolled right and was mobbed on the side line, but he did get the pass off and it was complete to a wide open reciever who was gonna walk in, But a whistle stopped the play. After about 5 minutes in a ref huddle it was ruled an "Inadvertent Whistle" but of course we lost the Easy TD and the down was replayed. Threw an interception to end the first half up 20-18.

Second half went about the same with a lot of slips and falling down. Short story...WE WON 42-38.

District playoff brackets should be out today. First series of playoff games start Oct. 30. We will have the #1 seed in our district so all district games will be at home.

Congratulations on Buffalo's win... One of life's great pleasures is to come home from a game with weather conditions like you described or when it's freezing cold, and after your team has won, of course, turn up the heat, turn on the TV, make a sandwich, pour a glass of milk, get comfortable and watch Football Friday Night (SWO-1 that is this area's version of The Blitz, on WCTI).
D@mm!t, I do miss it so. Those of us ,around here, must remember "Adversity makes us stronger"... I didn't say that, originally, some guy named Nietzsche, said it first. He was linebacker for Green Bay back in the 60's.

Congratulations on Buffalo's win... One of life's great pleasures is to come home from a game with weather conditions like you described or when it's freezing cold, and after your team has won, of course, turn up the heat, turn on the TV, make a sandwich, pour a glass of milk, get comfortable and watch Football Friday Night (SWO-1 that is this area's version of The Blitz, on WCTI).
D@mm!t, I do miss it so. Those of us ,around here, must remember "Adversity makes us stronger"... I didn't say that, originally, some guy named Nietzsche, said it first. He was linebacker for Green Bay back in the 60's.
That one is like an overthrown pass, Lincolnton. Sailed right over a bunch of heads:)

District brackets are up. I said in an earlier post we are in a 6 team district. We are a smaller district than most other ones. Most have 8-10 teams and larger brackets. So being #1 seed we have a bye first week. Ava #2 seed (who we beat first game of the season) also has a bye. If we win I expect us to play Osage who is the #4 seed. Again if we advance will probably play Mountain Grove #3 seed. or Ava (they have a bye week also) Mountain Grove is playing Clinton who is winless so in all likely hood they will play Ava second game.

No game this Friday, Buffalo has a bye. SOOOOOOOOO I am going back to the river Wednesday thru Monday. Every year at the camp ground they have a BIG Halloween deal. Only kids staying at the RV park can participate. Security at the entrance and vehicles without a Camping permit for the night cant come in. I will have the site decorated and lots of candy for the little critters. They love my site as I give away full size bars and bags of the stuff. I dont get anything I dont like to eat myself ..... 🎃 Wife says I always buy way to much ......Think so ? ..... :p Will have a 6' table set up under a 10x10 tent all decorated, and have a pully system to put the Pirate Treasure Chest full of treats at the front of the table and pull it back when it gets low to top it back off. The wife and myself will be on the other end, with masks on of course. Costume contest for the kiddys (3 different age groups) and prize for best decorated site. Over 100 rv's and lots of kids. Its the last days of keeping trout across the road at the state park and end of keeping Bass in the river till end of May. Trout out of the river can be kept all year. Forecasted to be 60 Saturday and 50s Sunday and sunny. Mornings will be in the 30s. I have about 2/3 cord of wood split and on the trailer for my fires. I get up EARLY .. before o'dark thirty ( thats first light) usually at or before 0300. Like to sit out by the fire and drink my coffee. I live out in the country up a 1/4 mile drive off the black top. Most places are at least 1/2 mile apart ....no street lights so dont get ANY trick or treeters.

Happy Halloween ..... and Daylight Savings Time Sunday night ....
🎃🎃:p:p:p❄❄❄😬:cool:

SWO-1, looks like you are living the life and enjoying it. I been to a campground one time. It was clean, convenient and a lot cheaper than a hotel. It was fun.

Reactions: UNC91 and SWO-#1
Good thing we have a bye this Friday. It's been raining since Sunday night and will rain thru Thursday. The Field will be a swamp. Would be great for SWO but not the Bison, we dont do 4-6 yards in a mud bowl, we are 20-30 yards in a flash of lightning on a dry field. Gonna get wet going to the RV park at the river Wednesday, but thats ok. Going to dry out Friday and the weekend, all next week as well.

Two big forfeits yesterday and this morning in Mo. hs playoffs. Both powerhouse teams in KC tested positive for one or more players and are out.

Buffalo in the meantime was 1 of only 2 class 3 teams in the final power poll. Casville came in at #9 overall. Although not in the top 10 class wide no other team ahead of us in class 3. So I would say we are #2 in class 3.

Just hope with the bye week we stay clean and I look forward to being back on the top row at Bison Stadium for the second round.

At the river and its been raining since Sunday. Forcasted to clear off around noon and be dry for at least the next 10 days. Good news for the "Fleet of Foot" Bison.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT