ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern 4A/3A week 2 Predictions

Titanman27

Sep 4, 2019
Week 1 had some surprises and unfortunately some cancelled games due to covid. On to week 2.

Hickory @ Freedom

Both teams weren't impressive in week 1 but Freedom did eek out a win over St Stephen's 18-14 while Hickory lost 21 to 7 to McDowell. I expect Hickory to play better but they just don't have enough playmakers on offense to beat Freedom.

Freedom 27
Hickory 14

Alexander Central @ Watauga

This game would normally decide the conference chanpion but with so much uncertainty this year who knows. Watauga did not play last week due to South Caldwell having covid issues. Alexander Central has covid issues too but did play and lost 7-2 to South Iredell. Predicting this game is tough with so many unknowns but I will go with the home team.

Watauga 21
Alexander Central 14

St. Stephens @ McDowell

Both teams had good showings week 1 with McDowell pulling the upset and Saint almost doing the same. This should be a close game and could go either way. McDowell has decent line play this year and a few playmakers on offense. If they can win this and be 2-0 in conference it would be huge for them.

McDowell 14
St Stephens 13

South Caldwell @ Statesville

I'm not sure if South will be able to play this week but if they do they have a chance to get an opening win. Statesville was dominated by a rebuilding 1A Mitchell team.

South Caldwell 21
Statesville 20

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
There 2 I disagree with

AC was down 10 player week 1 so they will be better than Week 1 and Watauga lost a lot from last year but are well coach and physical n hard to beat at home but I think AC is the better team

AC 27 Watauga 14

Statesville should rebound vs South Caldwell imo
Statesville 34 South Caldwell 18

Last edited:
Reactions: Titanman27
The Mighty A.C. cougars are 0-2? Lol.

I don't think I can remember a team that's more overhyped and always fails to live up to expectations.

Standings

1. McDowell 2-0 (2-0)
1. Freedom 2-0 (2-0)
2. Watauga 1-0 (1-0)
4. South Caldwell 0-1
5. Alexander Central 0-2 (0-1)
6. Hickory 0-2 (0-2)
6. Saint Stephens 0-2 (0-2)

Reactions: beamer24
I do wanna know if AC was still without their 10 players or did they come back yet..... How about McDowell leading the way 2-0 , South Caldwell fought Statesville tough they maybe getting better so cant sleep on them.

Im a bit shocked Hickory is 0-2 they seemed to have high expectations this year but idk if they have talent like they did

Reactions: Titanman27
I do wanna know if AC was still without their 10 players or did they come back yet..... How about McDowell leading the way 2-0 , South Caldwell fought Statesville tough they maybe getting better so cant sleep on them.

Im a bit shocked Hickory is 0-2 they seemed to have high expectations this year but idk if they have talent like they did

It's Wataugas to lose until someone else proves otherwise. McDowell plays South Caldwell this week, should be another close game for the titans

Ac had most of their players back. Watauga was just one step ahead. I've said it many times. Watauga coach knows Ac's offense better than Ac does. Always 5 guys making the tackle. Ac played great on defense. They gave up a 70 yard td run early but nothing really after that. Held Watauga to 155 total yards. Watauga scored off a pick 6 and the other td came on a short field after a turn over. Watauga is good but not as good as in past. I think they are probably still good enough to win the conference. I'd put them at first an who knows after that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT