ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern 3A/4A

Heard through the grapevine that Butch Carter has told the team that he will not be returning to South next year. I know a lot of speculation had already been out there. Hasn't been in the papers yet though. But I guess if the players know then that's all that really matters.

Wonder who they are looking at or who may want the South job. Not to many styles can be played at South so they better not screw it up.
He told a number of people early in the season. Including players.
I respectfully disagree about the "not many styles" statement. Most coaches do what they always have done at the high school level. Considering where Carter came from he just brought it with him. There are plenty of kids at South Caldwell to create a pass and run offense. You don't have to have kids that can run go routes to pass successfully. Even St. Stephens did it with average speed kids and very little talent.

South Caldwell would be a nice job for a coach looking for job security and a fanbase that doesn't get up in arms if they don't go deep in the playoffs. One of the few places where fans aren't calling for the coaches head. I have heard a couple names that are applying but both I don't see as a fit unless you're looking for guys who will never change regardless if it's working or not. Best of luck to the Spartans.

Last edited:
Heard through the grapevine that Butch Carter has told the team that he will not be returning to South next year. I know a lot of speculation had already been out there. Hasn't been in the papers yet though. But I guess if the players know then that's all that really matters.

Wonder who they are looking at or who may want the South job. Not to many styles can be played at South so they better not screw it up.

Could it not be very far away, where he lands to coach again?

Obviously the AC speculation has been going on forever. But until AC has a coach resign or decides to get rid of him I can't say much about it. If it's available I see the fit but AC has to come open first. There season has been over for about a month now and still no word on that job being available.

No news yet on my end. I think Beam would make a great one. Heard he wasn't gonna be at Newton Conover next year. That's just hear say. I've ran that one in the ground probably lol.

If Brown has a few years left in em' an he felt ok I'd say he would be a shew' in for the job. I don't see Helms getting it but anything is possible.

No news yet on my end. I think Beam would make a great one. Heard he wasn't gonna be at Newton Conover next year. That's just hear say. I've ran that one in the ground probably lol.

If Brown has a few years left in em' an he felt ok I'd say he would be a shew' in for the job. I don't see Helms getting it but anything is possible.
Funny that you mention Helms. He's been laying kinda low.
Bunker Hill is open and several more appear to soon be vacant.
I would think he is very interested in coaching again. Helms
would fit/love N-Conover.

Funny that you mention Helms. He's been laying kinda low.
Bunker Hill is open and several more appear to soon be vacant.
I would think he is very interested in coaching again. Helms
would fit/love N-Conover.
Time for Bunker Hill to hire someone young and energetic with an open mind to change. That Notre Dame box offense limited skill players.
After the Christmas break we should see some more coaching announcements. Coaches and ADs don't enjoy ruining peoples holidays. IF there is movement at N-C I would have no problem with Helm's. Actually I would like his wife to coach football. I know for a fact she would have the kids playing defense.

Reactions: patsfball
I respect Butch Carter for resigning at a good time. This gives South plenty
of time to make the right decision. Good luck Spartans!

I respect Butch Carter for resigning at a good time. This gives South plenty
of time to make the right decision. Good luck Spartans!
Very high character man. Got a lot out of his kids. South Caldwell should have a lot of candidates. Very clean and friendly community, good character students, and athletes. Left on a high note going to the third round. Best of luck to Carter on his next journey.

BJ Emmons and Landon Dickerson will both represent the NW3A/4A
in the shrine bowl. Go North Carolina!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT