ADVERTISEMENT

Northwest Conference 1st Thru Last Finish

Graham adds really great playmaking to East Wilkes with Martin already in place thats a great 1 2 punch. Now probably not enough to KO Mount Airy from 1st place but 2nd is a real possibility for East I think. Elkin & Starmount are gonna be in the running for 2nd to.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
Mt Airy needs to be rebuilding now we've had our 2 to 3 off years and a class cycle some needs to be held accountable if East wins this conference the next 4 years
Yeah everyone that gets upset that us MT. Airy people won't stop talking about how it was when Coach Holder was the head man, aren't used to winning double-digit wins every season. At Mount Airy, 8 wins is a bad year. It's just the standard that's set. And Mount Airy hasn't had a 10+ win season since 2018. So rebuilding is an option, and it all starts at little league - Start 'em young. Schools have their ups and downs. Right now the Bears are definitely down. We'll see how they turn out coming out of the covid season. But if something doesn't change, we'll be sitting here a few months from now about how Alleghany beat Mount Airy. I hope there won't be any need for that but I agree that we have to hold those accountable. Coaching is not a problem at Mount Airy, Coach Adkins is a heck of a Coach. I'm not sure what needs to fix but something needs to be fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: TD-FridayNight
no if im being serious every team in the NW1A has just as good a chance as any really because no one know what to prepare for coming out of covid and a new realignment.

Indeed very true! Main reason why I haven't done my conference predictions yet (I will,) it's honestly like walking against the wind right now with all the changes and uncertainties.

I started doing the one for West Stokes's conference but I got to redo it because one of the main schools had kids transfer out. Realignment wackiness is real! lol.

Graham adds really great playmaking to East Wilkes with Martin already in place thats a great 1 2 punch. Now probably not enough to KO Mount Airy from 1st place but 2nd is a real possibility for East I think. Elkin & Starmount are gonna be in the running for 2nd to.

I agree; he's a good catch for EW. They needed another athlete in that core; they can run that offense Wilmoth likes a lot better. He's lacked the speed JK had in his run there but he will be closer now. If their line has put on some weight and size and stay healthy they can do anything.

Reactions: radioguy16
I agree; he's a good catch for EW. They needed another athlete in that core; they can run that offense Wilmoth likes a lot better. He's lacked the speed JK had in his run there but he will be closer now. If their line has put on some weight and size and stay healthy they can do anything.
Line issues have hurt EW past couple seasons. I know in the spring they had a constant issue of the center snapping it over QBs head throughout the season. Things like that kill your momentum in a drive and can change a game so fast. You gotta be strong upfront if you want to succeed.

Snapping over the QBs head had nothing to do with it. Not to mention all the fumbles. Longest pass was 39 yards!

Last edited by a moderator:
Line issues have hurt EW past couple seasons. I know in the spring they had a constant issue of the center snapping it over QBs head throughout the season. Things like that kill your momentum in a drive and can change a game so fast. You gotta be strong upfront if you want to succeed.

Teams like East Wilkes would be much better suited to line up under center and pound it. This fancy college style offense is the biggest failure of a large majority of programs.

Teams like East Wilkes would be much better suited to line up under center and pound it. This fancy college style offense is the biggest failure of a large majority of programs.
I agree I feel thats one reason JK had success was he really tailored the O to his strong point with the ground and pound centric offense

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Snapping over the QBs head had nothing to do with it. Not to mention all the fumbles. Longest pass was 39 yards!
I don’t know who is posting this stuff, but it is under an old account I have not used in years. I am sorry if this has caused any trouble. I have always been a supporter of EWHS.

Reactions: ncballer81
Wallace Shelton stadium
1A Mount Airy vs 2A North Surry, the longest-running continuous rivalry in the NWC. Schools are about 2 1/2 to 3 miles apart in Mount Airy. 2006 is the last time NS beat MA by a score of 27-26 and that is the only win since 2000 but NS had a winning streak from 1991 to 2000 and that was their longest winning streak since they started playing in 1959. Mount Airy leads the serious 41-19-1. Let me know if I counted wrong but 99.999% sure this is right.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT