ADVERTISEMENT

Northwest 1A

How about blaming people that can't do what they are supposed to instead of blaming a leader.

I wore my mask. I social distanced. My daughter brought it home from school. It’s a virus. You can’t stop it. It will have to run it’s course. Davey county has low numbers no one wearing masks according to one poster. I blame que and cooper. Sc, tn, Ga, all playing football with similar numbers to N.C. no proof football has caused a spike in numbers.

Davie is one of the worst counties in the state right now.
Incorrect- Davie is not as bad as many others around it - Mecklenburg n Raleigh (Wake County) are 2 of the worst then the Triad area along with Iredell/Alexander Co and many othes have more then Davie

Reactions: UNC91
Incorrect- Davie is not as bad as many others around it - Mecklenburg n Raleigh (Wake County) are 2 of the worst then the Triad area along with Iredell/Alexander Co and many othes have more then Davie

Davie is 1 of 20 critical red counties in the state which factors in a percent positive of 10% or higher. It's not so much about case load as it is percentage.

Mecklenburg is actually doing well considering the population. Of course Mecklenburg will have more cases than a county like Davie but they also have over a million more people.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Using the health department’s criteria, Davie County is a “red” county, listed as critical spread. Only twenty counties have that designation out of 100.

And most of those 20 are rural counties including the whole tri county area of Surry, Yadkin, Wilkes.

I'd say 18 out of those 20 are considered rural. Guilford and Gaston being the exceptions. Those 2 though have a large area that is rural.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
With the data about kids and schools on Covid the stand out players in Northwest 1a could of played in the fall and got a full season in.

Reactions: BK13T-$ and Mhsneer
I wore my mask. I social distanced. My daughter brought it home from school. It’s a virus. You can’t stop it. It will have to run it’s course. Davey county has low numbers no one wearing masks according to one poster. I blame que and cooper. Sc, tn, Ga, all playing football with similar numbers to N.C. no proof football has caused a spike in numbers.

You sent your daughter to school where it is easy to catch the virus. That's your fault for not home schooling.🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: Mhsneer and BK13T-$
Do any Mount Airy insiders know what they have coming back to play if there is spring football ? MaxPrep has not updated from the 2019 season and has players on the roster still that were on the 2019 team and I see a few that I thought graduated this past spring. In could be wrong as I don't see anyone in the know anymore.

Reactions: realjoejr
Yeah I just saw the roster they still have players on the roster from the 2017 season. Poindexter will be back, they got some good weapons in Deaton and Penn and Zeb Stroup. That's all that I have right now. I'll keep y'all updated.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
My Airy: Penn, Poindexter, Stroup. North Stokes: Running back # 40(?) Bishop: big TE/WR. Prep: Steward (really athleticRB/Wr/DB). DavisQB, and Patterson DE / Clemson. East Surry: Gosnell (best around here). Bullington(FB,wr, rb). Baker OL, Whitt OL, Needham DB, WR. BoazQB, Allen, Armstrong RB. South Stokes: Goolsby OL, BlakleyTE, Dotson LB

TD Friday Night, is Cameron Moore related to Joe Ray Moore and Anthony Moore who were great running backs at Mount Airy?

Joe Ray Moore did not play on the Wally Shelton Stadium, he played on the old field, Floyd Poore Park Stadium .
Coach Wally Shelton sometimes called the “winningest coach in North Carolina. He also coached the Girl's basketball team. An article on the history of Coach Wally Shelton.

Coach Wally Shelton sometimes called the “winningest coach in North Carolina. He also coached the Girl's basketball team. An article on the history of Coach Wally Shelton.
Thanks for posting, I love reading about local history, especially sports.

High School football is gotten too political and starting to not be worth my time and aggravation ! They need to get back to the basics of football and stop their ignorant changes. They are all DAs that need only the athletic directors that know sports deal with this instead, I know some schools principles have been a part of it in the past. You need to know sports to vote on changes.....

Do yall have any information on any schedules for the NW and the Western Piedmont teams? I know some are on Maxpreps but they are not complete?

Do yall have any information on any schedules for the NW and the Western Piedmont teams? I know some are on Maxpreps but they are not complete?

Western Piedmont's sadly only gonna be only conference games due to N Forsyth being put in the conference midway in. Literally the same conference schedule of 2019 with locations flipped. Was hoping the state would give us 1 or 2 non conference games but no cigar there.

MA and East put their schedules out earlier but heard nothing out of the other schools yet. The other NW teams are probably having a hard time filling the schedule honestly. NW is very unlucky in terms of number of teams.

Hope the fall of 2021 and beyond's a lot better for everyone involved. No reason why so many rivalry games aren't being played this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT