ADVERTISEMENT

Northside-Pinetown in the Dog Pound

I think this is the same team that played Murphy in state championship last year.

Was told that they could've won that game
They're 2-0. Both games have been blowouts. They will be a formidable opponent to say the least. Beat North Duplin like a drum last wk. No cakewalk here!

We're exited also. Goob and his lovely wife in the Pound. Wish it was the Clinton game,the Pound would be rocking! Hope Clay and Merle gets you on the radio. That'll be two famous prep stars on 100.5kixfm.com.

We're exited also. Goob and his lovely wife in the Pound. Wish it was the Clinton game,the Pound would be rocking! Hope Clay and Merle gets you on the radio. That'll be two famous prep stars on 100.5kixfm.com.
Completely forgot NC State was playing Thursday night but I'm coming anyways.Ill just record it. Need a break from work and the NE - Greenville Rose game is the following night. Hoping to see a good Bulldog team. So ready for them to bounce back!!

Wednesday morning at 8. Clay and Merle will be talking to WRH's head coach Kevin Motsinger. You can stream it on 1005kixfm.com. Check it out. Very entertaining. On Thursday before the game at 7, Clay and Merle will be talking with daagoob. He definitely got the gift of gab.

• Haha
Reactions: daagoob and UNC91
Should be a good game. I'll do my best to be there since it's Thursday night. Are you guys meeting up to eat?

Wednesday morning at 8. Clay and Merle will be talking to WRH's head coach Kevin Motsinger. You can stream it on 1005kixfm.com. Check it out. Very entertaining. On Thursday before the game at 7, Clay and Merle will be talking with daagoob. He definitely got the gift of gab.
Lol, that might not be a good idea. I'd probably be the most uninformed high school football junkie he's ever spoken with. I used to get good inside information from Coach Moore but I haven't heard anything this season. We will be there early in the day most likely. Planning on shopping around some and chilling out

• Haha
Reactions: dogs79 and UNC91
Hope y'all were able to catch coach Motsinger. Very entertaining and he clarified the matter about a couple of teams saying they reached out about a game and said WRH didn't return calls. Not true in so many words. Coach Motsinger ain't scared to play any team. Go Dogs!!!!

Hope y'all were able to catch coach Motsinger. Very entertaining and he clarified the matter about a couple of teams saying they reached out about a game and said WRH didn't return calls. Not true in so many words. Coach Motsinger ain't scared to play any team. Go Dogs!!!!

I figured he would address that. I'll never forget when you beat Havelock at Havelock and they interviewed him. I really enjoyed hearing him talk. I'll never forget his line " my problem is my guys are good and they know it!" I loved that. That is when I decided I needed to take in a WRH game.

I don't see this being close at all, Northside graduated all their top kids (Gorham, Wilson, Taylor, Modlin) from the team that played Murphy in the spring and even if they had all of them back Wallace would still be favored by multiple scores I would think.

Last edited:
Very excited for my first trip to the Pound!!!!! Can't wait
It’s a great place to watch a game. It’s not a cosmetically nice place but when you know the tradition of it, and the hard nose play the team does there, you’ll enjoy it. But if your expecting a beautiful scene, it won’t be this place. You looking for a tough team playing in front of a great crowd, it’ll be perfect for you. Also, if not in this game imagine a Clinton or JK or ED game with the crowds in both endzones right there one you. It’s awesome.

It’s a great place to watch a game. It’s not a cosmetically nice place but when you know the tradition of it, and the hard nose play the team does there, you’ll enjoy it. But if your expecting a beautiful scene, it won’t be this place. You looking for a tough team playing in front of a great crowd, it’ll be perfect for you. Also, if not in this game imagine a Clinton or JK or ED game with the crowds in both endzones right there one you. It’s awesome.
You telling the truth. Have not seen a packed house lately. Makes me think in 14 against JK. JK had Brooks and Avent and we had Keyshawn and JJ. Those four put on what was one of the best game's I had seen. It was Cold like 28 degrees. The Pound was rocking,filled to capacity,6 deep in the endzones, no body sitting down. It's was a classic. My Dogs pulled out the win in the Pound against our rival. One other four players in the game against Northeastern. For Northeastern it was older brother Freshwater, and JR, for WRH, Javonte, Desmond in a 63-52 bulldog win. But that wasn't in the Pound

There was showdown in the dog pound in 94. Clinton 7-0, WRH 7-0 and the darkhorses kicked our ass. Got em back that year in playoffs second Rd game 10-0. Then there was 16 at the Pound against Tarboro. Never seen those types of atmosphere in high school.

Reactions: UNC91
There was showdown in the dog pound in 94. Clinton 7-0, WRH 7-0 and the darkhorses kicked our ass. Got em back that year in playoffs second Rd game 10-0. Then there was 16 at the Pound against Tarboro. Never seen those types of atmosphere in high school.
16 was a great game. We had the lead at the half. You all made some adjustments, and we went away from what got us the lead to begin with, and the rest is history. Agree, it was an amazing atmosphere that night, even though you all came out victorious

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
Yeah, Clinton's running back Juan Williams got hurt, if he would've played no way Wallace wins that game.

Thanks 04, Aside from Indian River Va, Clinton had the nicest facilities that I’ve been to. Love that stadium and goal posts. I think I’ll take everyone’s advice and stay here for the Rose game. This will be the best rb since Javonte who’s team came to play here. I’ll go to the Pound when they play East Duplin. I have a friend named Brad Whaley who goes to every ED game so maybe I’d see him there.

Thanks 04, Aside from Indian River Va, Clinton had the nicest facilities that I’ve been to. Love that stadium and goal posts. I think I’ll take everyone’s advice and stay here for the Rose game. This will be the best rb since Javonte who’s team came to play here. I’ll go to the Pound when they play East Duplin. I have a friend named Brad Whaley who goes to every ED game so maybe I’d see him there.

If I get off in time I will see you in NE. I think that will be a close game. I want to see Allen run against your defense as well. I wish it had been last night. Could have watched 3 games this week. Oh well. Will WRH and Clinton make their game up?

If I get off in time I will see you in NE. I think that will be a close game. I want to see Allen run against your defense as well. I wish it had been last night. Could have watched 3 games this week. Oh well. Will WRH and Clinton make their game up?
Will not be able to this year. Maybe see them in playoffs

Reactions: UNC91 and Otis4411
16 was a great game. We had the lead at the half. You all made some adjustments, and we went away from what got us the lead to begin with, and the rest is history. Agree, it was an amazing atmosphere that night, even though you all came out victorious
16 was a great game, it was damn cold that night as well.

one of the worst facilities i have been to was defintley Reidsvilles, that place makes the Dog pound look like the Allegiant stadium that the Raiders play in.

Reactions: daagoob and UNC91
I really don't think our facility is that bad. The bathrooms are terrible, the visitor side had some issues, but it may have been lack of detail due to covid. The home side has plenty of seating and the concessions have greatly improved this season. The field was bad too in the spring. It usually doesn't look that bad.
It looks like Reidsville stadium is bigger than Wallace judging from pictures.

In our area, I think we have one of the better 2a stadiums

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT