ADVERTISEMENT

NORTH SURRY GREYHOUNDS

greydog86

Sep 14, 2013
Congratulations Hounds on another victory for the men and women. I find it so funny from reading the tweets again yesterday that these basketball experts keep saying that North's men are not athletic. They have out ran and out lasted Lincolnton Shelby and Forest Hills who these experts agree are athletic but could not keep up with these non athletic players. Then I hear that we have no size inside and shoot 3's alot. I may be wrong but I am pretty sure that our big 3 Hawks Phillips and Tucker did not make a 3 pointer all game as we scored continually from the paint by taking the ball to the basket against a great Forest Hills team. Our big 3 are great players but Hull scores over 15 a game in the playoffs and Chandler and Simmons are lights out defenders. So they may not be athletic or tall but they are a team and play as 1 and they will be playing for the state championship next Saturday. Good luck Hounds

The first time seeing North Surry play this year I was impressed with their team. It was a team effort and each player knows his role. The Simmons kid didn't score much but deflected a lot of passes. The #3 and #4 can play for anybody as they were by far the best players on the court. They go hard to the rim and couldn't be stopped. Both teams coaches made good adjustments but when the Greyhounds put #4 on the block it was a changing point in the game. He abused the player on him five or six times in a row. They will be up against a undefeated team next week but I hope they bring it home.

Congratulations Hounds on another victory for the men and women. I find it so funny from reading the tweets again yesterday that these basketball experts keep saying that North's men are not athletic. They have out ran and out lasted Lincolnton Shelby and Forest Hills who these experts agree are athletic but could not keep up with these non athletic players. Then I hear that we have no size inside and shoot 3's alot. I may be wrong but I am pretty sure that our big 3 Hawks Phillips and Tucker did not make a 3 pointer all game as we scored continually from the paint by taking the ball to the basket against a great Forest Hills team. Our big 3 are great players but Hull scores over 15 a game in the playoffs and Chandler and Simmons are lights out defenders. So they may not be athletic or tall but they are a team and play as 1 and they will be playing for the state championship next Saturday. Good luck Hounds
Good luck Hounds! You out: shot, defended, hustled, and athleticed us for 4 quarters. No non-believers in Ltown. Pulling for you to win one more.

I looked up North Surry's team pic and could not believe it. Gives hope to all us short white boys. Hope the get the ship this weekend!

Thank you AlwaysAWolf for the compliment. These boys have spent their whole careers being judged by looks before they ever took the floor. These Seniors have been together since they were 8 years old in AAU. No matter what happens Saturday it has been a wonderful ride and I wouldn't have missed it for anything.

I looked up North Surry's team pic and could not believe it. Gives hope to all us short white boys. Hope the get the ship this weekend!

Anyone who says North Surry "isn't athletic," that's why. And people should know better than that by now. Those kids can get up and down the floor with anyone.

The core of that team has played together since they were kids, in all sorts of different leagues, and they've won several championships of different kinds. I don't know if they'll win on Saturday or not, but I do know if someone beats them, they're going to have to be awfully good. They can beat you on talent or on execution. Every game they've lost but one (West Stokes gives them fits for some reason) has been because they ran into some team of athletic 6'7" guys on a 4A school.

People should also know that 6 of those seniors have signed letters of intent. 2 for division 1 baseball 2 for division 2 basketball 1 for division 2 football and 1 for division 3 football. Not too shabby. Good luck Hounds.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
Thank you AlwaysAWolf for the compliment. These boys have spent their whole careers being judged by looks before they ever took the floor. These Seniors have been together since they were 8 years old in AAU. No matter what happens Saturday it has been a wonderful ride and I wouldn't have missed it for anything.
Our Coaches warned us not to judge by looks...I knew it, and did it still. Took me a quarter to understand that we had brought a knife to a gunfight. After 2 quarters I knew I was watching something special.That's a machine. Congrats on a great season, and good luck tomorrow. Win or lose, we will talk about that N Surry team for years to come.

Anyone who says North Surry "isn't athletic," that's why. And people should know better than that by now. Those kids can get up and down the floor with anyone.

The core of that team has played together since they were kids, in all sorts of different leagues, and they've won several championships of different kinds. I don't know if they'll win on Saturday or not, but I do know if someone beats them, they're going to have to be awfully good. They can beat you on talent or on execution. Every game they've lost but one (West Stokes gives them fits for some reason) has been because they ran into some team of athletic 6'7" guys on a 4A school.

The team that they played is awfully good!!!

North Surry didn't play well but they were up against a really good team. They got every rebound and didn't let The point guard for the Greyhounds control the game.

The greyhounds impressed me even though they lost by 20! I still do not believe that Northside was 20 points better than North Surry

The difference in athleticism (and length) came out especially around the basket. Thought NS did a poor job getting position on the boards. Loved watching them play. #3 and #4 are solid players. #4 knows how to use his length and get to the line and also was very active inside but he was worn out by the fourth quarter.

Props to NS's basketball programs!!! The girls should be strong again next year. They ran into one of the best players I have seen in NC over the last 30 plus years. One thing I noticed is they got away from the motion offense in the second half. Thought that was a good offensive set for them.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT