ADVERTISEMENT

North Stokes @ Mt Airy ...net broadcast

bareman

Jun 23, 2001
NW 1A play begins for Bears; wpaq740.com
7:00 airtime 7:30 KO

How's the JV's doing? Sessoms was big on those classes in the preview. I've only found 2 scores from them.

Yeah. 12 kids tonight, and one of them played about half the game with what looked like a high ankle sprain before they took him out.

But hats off to those kids. They knew they didn't have a chance, but they played hard to the end. I've seen kids quit against MA before with a lot less excuse than the Vikings would have had tonight.

Yeah. 12 kids tonight, and one of them played about half the game with what looked like a high ankle sprain before they took him out.

But hats off to those kids. They knew they didn't have a chance, but they played hard to the end. I've seen kids quit against MA before with a lot less excuse than the Vikings would have had tonight.
North Stokes played with a lot of HEART! !

Last edited:
kept waiting for more players to come out of fieldhouse during warmups...tough situation

Wow . That is something those kids can always say we played a game with 12 and never quit . Several years ago Cherokee ended season with 0-11 and 16 players . Special kids to ensure that each week

I've seen a few clips of them on film from when they played North Wilkes and I liked their heart and hustle. They played really hard that game ; NW was just too much for them. Sessoms is making them tougher which is what they needed. The Patrick County game showed that in spades. They aren't as young as last year which is also a +. As long as Sessoms is allowed to do what he can do they can improve.

I don't think they will fold; I don't see Sessoms allowing it he's old school like that. I say more than likely he'll move a few JV kids up; that's what I'd do anyways. Making it through the year's a huge win all in itself and it would make the kids feel better.

They got some talented players at Piney Grove Middle; if they stay in district they could be competive for North Stokes in a few years.

At least it wasn't like what happened in 1985.

I was reading thru Google's archive for some record keeping and I found an article from when MA and West Wilkes played for the first time and it was ugly. West was badly low on players and their QB got hurt in the 3rd quarter and their coach had to forfeit. Hollingsworth's mind was blown but not much they could do.

he didn't have to forfeit; he chose to call it a night...I remember it because their fans got upset at the coach

back around that same time we scrimmaged Fort Chiswell Va...they scored on us their 1st possession...came a "light shower" ...their coach took his team off the field, got on the bus and went home...

back around that same time we scrimmaged Fort Chiswell Va...they scored on us their 1st possession...came a "light shower" ...their coach took his team off the field, got on the bus and went home...

I hope that was the last time MA scrimmaged Fort Chiswell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT