ADVERTISEMENT

North Stanly ringing in the New year

js2000

Oct 3, 2003
Word on the street is that NS wants the school to buy them Conference Championship rings so I guess they have given up on ever winning a state championship in football but if that's what floats your boat then roll with it. Anybody know if this is true?

Word on the street is that NS wants the school to buy them Conference Championship rings so I guess they have given up on ever winning a state championship in football but if that's what floats your boat then roll with it. Anybody know if this is true?
Now that's funny

Got you distracted with rings, better keep an eye on the recruiting travel. Told they got WS's QB to transfer and are after a couple more from WS. Trying to get Rhone from WM. Alb - you are next.

Who is your source? Word on the street is not a source.

I heard the same thing from a North Stanly parent.

So has anyone heard from, say, a credible source such as the head coach, athletic director, or principal? "A North Stanly parent" is not a credible source.
I would say a NS parent is all you need to make it legitimate and it sounds just like something they would do. If Albemarle got a ring for every Conference Championship they would have to wear them on their toes to have room for them, but I guess if it's your first Conference Championship then maybe a big ring to walk around with should make you proud, but just imagine what they would want if they had won a playoff game.

If a school is rewarding conference championships or third round playoff finishes with a ring I think they are misfiring a bit. Very happy for their newfound success but lets set the bar a bit higher. T-shirt or sweatshirt, yes. Ring, No!

Reactions: Buddy Rich
If a school is rewarding conference championships or third round playoff finishes with a ring I think they are misfiring a bit. Very happy for their newfound success but lets set the bar a bit higher. T-shirt or sweatshirt, yes. Ring, No!
Well said and I agree

NS is desperate for some reconizion , but they need to win it the right way...They now have a successful program, but need patience. ..It's tough to win a SC, but it can be done....I know....

I spoke to Murphy HC Gentry about them and he was impressed with North. Said Murphy played much better against North than they did Mt Airy and thought that there was not a lot of divide between the teams and that they matched up well.

Reactions: Buddy Rich
Wonder how much longer Gentry will coach...Heard some talk on the board that next year may be his last, btango.....

Wonder how much longer Gentry will coach...Heard some talk on the board that next year may be his last, btango.....

"Year to year." I think he has a young guy about ready to take over. When he is a bit tired and he feels the next coach is ready to step up he will ride off into the sunset. Impressed with his enthusiasm and energy. A football guy that is very involved physically with the players in practice. Very organized.

"Year to year." I think he has a young guy about ready to take over. When he is a bit tired and he feels the next coach is ready to step up he will ride off into the sunset. Impressed with his enthusiasm and energy. A football guy that is very involved physically with the players in practice. Very organized.

Joseph Watson will likely take over at Murphy...He was a 3-time All-Conference DB when he played for the Bulldogs, and is married to a girl from Rosman....He has been Gentry's right hand man for several years now, and his father was once an assistant coach for Gentry and the Bulldogs, so coaching runs in the family....Joseph was at the Shrine Bowl with Coach Gentry as an assistant, and has done a great job since returning to Murphy as an Assistant Coach....Murphy is lucky to have one of their own that knows the program as well as Joseph does, and he would be the logical choice to replace Gentry whenever he decides to hang up his whistle...

Joseph Watson will likely take over at Murphy...He was a 3-time All-Conference DB when he played for the Bulldogs, and is married to a girl from Rosman....He has been Gentry's right hand man for several years now, and his father was once an assistant coach for Gentry and the Bulldogs, so coaching runs in the family....Joseph was at the Shrine Bowl with Coach Gentry as an assistant, and has done a great job since returning to Murphy as an Assistant Coach....Murphy is lucky to have one of their own that knows the program as well as Joseph does, and he would be the logical choice to replace Gentry whenever he decides to hang up his whistle...

That is Gentry's guy. They work well together. Watson understands the dynamic and gets after it.

Rhone from WM?? Joke!!! WM will be pretty dang good this year on offense, u heard it here first.

I would say a NS parent is all you need to make it legitimate and it sounds just like something they would do. If Albemarle got a ring for every Conference Championship they would have to wear them on their toes to have room for them, but I guess if it's your first Conference Championship then maybe a big ring to walk around with should make you proud, but just imagine what they would want if they had won a playoff game.

Oh yeah, like there aren't any crazy parents out there. A parent is not the one who makes these decisions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT