ADVERTISEMENT

North Lincoln @ West Iredell

td190

Oct 16, 2014
Figured I would start this thread...NL needs a win this week to sure up a playoff berth. I am interested to know how the " new" quarterback is playing out.
L-town you usually give your analysis on these things. What is your thoughts on the new QB?

Nope, other guy done it all. First time I've keyed in on this thread lol. I'm not sure how the new QB is workin out, Ltown needs to lay out that info. I hadn't made a NL game since the EL thriller. With new QB I'd hope he improves an finds his groove. I'd go to WI game but buddy is just dying to see a Butler/Indy matchup. Not sure why smh. One of the largest rivalries in the state sure with D1 athletes usually an varitey of play calls but I don't care to to see it. May still go to WI I'll see.

WI can score but they couldn't stop a middle school team.

Mooresville LKN, Butler Indy, Crest Shelby, would all be good games to watch this week.

Oh yeah definitely. May be some seats at Butler but good flipping luck finding a place past 645 at Crest/Shelby at either stadium.

It looks like folks are getting off track here. This is a NL/WI thread. I believe the Knights get back on track with a win. It has been a tough 3 weeks playing the likes of MHS. LKN, and SHS.

Originally posted by Burkeforreal:
Nope, other guy done it all. First time I've keyed in on this thread lol. I'm not sure how the new QB is workin out, Ltown needs to lay out that info. I hadn't made a NL game since the EL thriller. With new QB I'd hope he improves an finds his groove. I'd go to WI game but buddy is just dying to see a Butler/Indy matchup. Not sure why smh. One of the largest rivalries in the state sure with D1 athletes usually an varitey of play calls but I don't care to to see it. May still go to WI I'll see.
Ok. I'll give a little analysis on the QB situation...The previous starter was the safe bet\risk averse (supposedly a lesser chance of turnovers) kid meaning he was never going to be a runner and was never going to throw the football a whole lot. I believe his combined stats were as follows: 8/24 104 yards and 1 TD 1 INT after 7 and half games. The "new" QB in his starts is 12/25 182 yds and 4 TD passes 0 INTS in two and half games (I believe). The new QB had 10 rushing attempts for 62 yards against Statesville. The "new" QB gives them more flexibility in their offense in that they can implement some option football (which they did do against Statesville) he picked up good yardage too.

In the Statesville game they reverted back to the single wing formation and took the QB out like they did the previous QB. I for one would like for them to junk this formation...It's only good to draw lesser disciplined teams offsides (SI, Statesville, WL). Teams know when NL goes to this formation it is exclusively 95% running...On a handful of occasions they have allowed for the Jackson brothers to throw out of the formation but without the true QB in the formation they aren't fooling anyone. Why not fool the opposing team with a little spread\read option play or two? Talk about creating defensive havoc...Imagine them implementing a play or two and how it would stress the defense because there is absolutely no film...I also think the coaching staff needs to throw the ball more on first down. I believe recievers need to keep running routes as in several instances it looks as though kids stop on routes or run the wrong routes...I also believe they need to let the QB count how many defensive players are loading the box and let him check out of the initial play if an opportunity presents itself...I can recall on several instances Statesville damn near had 11 defenders in the box and NL still tried to run on them...Lastly, I believe it took them way too long to make the QB change...Just my thoughts...But of course, all this is moot if they don't win Friday night....

Later!

When u say all this is moot if they don't win fri night, what did u mean? Are they out of playoffs if they were to lose? According to Beamer the bracket man lol they'll get in win or lose but I'm telling Ya if they do lose they don't deserve to get in.

Looks like they are or will or may play Freedom first round. If BJ Emmons has to sit out this will be a more promising first round. Freedom will win tonight, they're playing Patton so they're postion won't change. Sounds mean but they can sit out their starters, if I was them I would. But North HAS to win tonight. Otherwise first round will be Crest/Concord or basketball season. Notice I had a bunch of ifs an maybes on this post. A lot can happen I would imagine so yeah a win badly needed.

The loss to SI didn't help the overall cause an coulda had a decent seed with a win then a win tonight. I gotta admit though, WI must be one of the best 2-8 teams around an with a better defense they'd be much better. With a winless JV season I hope North can still have something an be able to compete again next year.

Originally posted by Burkeforreal:
The loss to SI didn't help the overall cause an coulda had a decent seed with a win then a win tonight. I gotta admit though, WI must be one of the best 2-8 teams around an with a better defense they'd be much better. With a winless JV season I hope North can still have something an be able to compete again next year.
Yes, you are correct...A moot point because then a loss makes it iffy as to whether or not they'll get in. The JV team did win last night. They beat WI 28-20...I'm somewhat confident they'll get WI. They can't turn the ball over and have to play better defense.

Later!

6-4 teams are a lock 5-5 teams are were it gets iffy. I don't see NI having any trouble tonight.

Well good. Glad to see jvs didn't end the season on a goose egg. Hey hit me up when you get this, what is your working but not revealing email address? ill hit u up to see what's up unless u wanna stream the latest on here. The NPC Twitter don't show much. I won't be at WI game tonight although that might change an will def let Ya know if it does.

Maybe they'll do something on the court this year. I just don't quite understand how a team can hold 2 state ranked 2a teams to under 30 points an upset one of em' just to let a 2-8 team have a scorefeast on their defense an knock em' out of the playoffs. Just for North to go to the playoffs woulda been an honor for the seniors this year. Another crack at it next year hopefully if their not losing too much to graduation. Good season North.

The Knights' defense could not stop the pass. Especially the slant. They were without 2 starters. I can't help but question some of the play calls. NL never used the single wing at all. All year the pass has given the Knights' fits and all year the corners have given the opposition's WR's about an 8-10 yard cushion. When you are getting beat by slants you need to play bump and run and knock off the timing. I did not see any appropriate adjustments made.

I looked at the preliminary playoff brackets and saw several 5-5 teams. In the 3AA bracket I saw that 3-7 Marvin Ridge got in. Unless I am mistaken the top 2 seeds from each conference get in and then the wild card teams are selected according to their records then they split up the teams into 3A and 3AA by the number of students. If that is the case how does Marvin Ridge get in and NL not? Just a question I had.

The bump an run sounded like a great idea for that sorta situation. WI may be a struggling program but dang, North sure allowed them to take advantage an utilize speed. West usually has some tracksters on wideout an running back an speed kills. It really bothered me to see West scoring on good teams which kinda made it no suprise at all to me that they were gonna be way more than a handful dispite NI an AC having wins against em.

If North pulled it off it may have been a quick out in the playoffs but just to get to go makes a statement. When I watched the DBs of North they weren't terrible they just may not have been in a good setup like u were sorta saying.

An almost winless JV team don't help but there should be enough coming bk, stepping up, an alittle adjustments on defensive schemes they may be ok. I don't understand the Marvin Ridge thing at all. Bout all North can do is just take the guys they have left an do whatever it takes to make a run next year. Is Mannas coming back? Good deal of he is but if he's not there may be a chance Helms formally of Hickory/Freedom etc etc may apply. Who knows, North may be a good fit for em.

I don't know what conference Marvin ridge is in but they would have had to finish 3rd or 2nd in there classification if it was split.

They finished 3rd in their conference. All their wins were conference games.

A couple of things I saw while I was at the game in response to a couple of the recent posts on this game. First off understand the offensive formations North used can not be viewed as a factor in this game. North Lincoln had 470 plus yards of offense out of the double wing with about 425 of those yards coming from the run. Take into consideration North Lincoln had 3 defensive starters out in this game because of injury and illness and I believe 2 of them were the 2 leading tacklers on the season if maxpreps is correct.

Originally posted by td190:
A couple of things I saw while I was at the game in response to a couple of the recent posts on this game. First off understand the offensive formations North used can not be viewed as a factor in this game. North Lincoln had 470 plus yards of offense out of the double wing with about 425 of those yards coming from the run. Take into consideration North Lincoln had 3 defensive starters out in this game because of injury and illness and I believe 2 of them were the 2 leading tacklers on the season if maxpreps is correct.
Well NL didn't even use the single wing formation, which is what I suggested (they didn't need the gimick). Because it obviously wasn't working towards the end of the schedule. Secondly, the defensive starters that were out weren't corners...They were linebackers...and Jimmy did play sparingly but it still did not matter....Secondly, some of the decisions on point after attempts were just plain dumb....Lastly, the defense did not appear to make any adjustments...Hell, if you were getting beat with soft zone defense why not play back with two safetys and let your corners press a little to break the timing of the routes (the results couldn't have been any worse). Those aren't only my thoughts but the thoughts of many others including the "Great" Fat boy crew!!!! But I disgress...This coaching staff was never wrong....It was always the kids fault....
wink.r191677.gif

later!
This post was edited on 11/14 1:24 PM by L-Town fan

@ Ltown fan. You do know that linebackers have pass responsibilities right? Or maybe you didn't know that.

And last thing. If I was a coach and knew that the other teams receivers were twice as fast than the corners I would play soft. If N orths coaches would have tried to lock them up man to man for the entire game they would have scored twice as fast because there is no cushion. If the receiver runs past the corner its over so given N orths speed i dont blame them for playing "soft"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT