ADVERTISEMENT

North Lincoln @ Newton-Conover wk9

N-C Red Devils

Aug 10, 2012
Its a little late in the week to start this thread, but this matchup deserves some conversation especially considering the importance of this game for both teams. North has been a scoring machine all year long and it will take an effort to hold them in check Friday night.

Intrigued by this game and I think that it will be interesting. Not only because it is a coach Pack led team but also because Newton will see a mirror image offensively. I am anxious to see how we match up and how our kids respond to playing against the spread. Should be entertaining.

Reactions: N-C Red Devils
Intrigued by this game and I think that it will be interesting. Not only because it is a coach Pack led team but also because Newton will see a mirror image offensively. I am anxious to see how we match up and how our kids respond to playing against the spread. Should be entertaining.
Yea especially since we have mostly played against run heavy teams. Hickory was the last team we played that attempted to pass alot on our defense. North presents an intersting challenge that will give us some good looks we havent seen in a while, which could be beneficial in the long run. I have been impressed with their tempo and play selection so far and hopefully they can also make it into the playoffs.

I totally agree with you. I have liked the tempo and play calling lately, a pass heavy team does scare me and Hickory did rack up quite a few yards passing on us. Hopefully we get that tightened up and can be playing our best football on both sides of the ball from here on out.

I totally agree with you. I have liked the tempo and play calling lately, a pass heavy team does scare me and Hickory did rack up quite a few yards passing on us. Hopefully we get that tightened up and can be playing our best football on both sides of the ball from here on out.

To he honest, we are still very young but at the same time playing hard, fast and focused like one of a senior lead team. Getting a test from a quick strike type team is what we need to keep our defensive unit engaged because these kids have been laying the wood over these last few weeks.

Reactions: red devil knight
Guys uhhh, I’m surprised this is even a thread and a talked about game. I was at the Maiden North game last week, I regret it cause I felt lead to do something else and it hurts still.

But anyway Maiden manhandled them very nicely. Even with all the penalties against them. North was sacked at least 6 or 7 times one of which resulted in a safety. Qb and 2 Wideouts are still dangerous for any local team to face especially Camp and Rhodes. Maiden made Cribb a non factor and he racked up rushing yards all year til last Friday.

All that being said unless North has a spark of some kind I can’t see them even scoring 14 in this game. Short slant routes to Rhodes will be their only chance of even getting first downs against Newton. Rhodes is a good wideout and if he don’t have a qb that has enough time in the pocket to get him the ball he may move on to a school that does and make that school and himself look better. We’ve all seen that sorta thing happen a lot. West Caldwell and Hibriten for starters. U think ALL those stars over the past 6 or 7 years live in Hibriten district?? Nuff said lol.

Last edited:
I just figured North would come out jacked since it’s A. Newton’s homecoming, B. Coach Pack’s (homecoming) and a lot of those Newton kids loved him. C. I’m just anxious to see us against a spread team that can throw it, but I’d like to see us get after it defensively and shut them down!

I just figured North would come out jacked since it’s A. Newton’s homecoming, B. Coach Pack’s (homecoming) and a lot of those Newton kids loved him. C. I’m just anxious to see us against a spread team that can throw it, but I’d like to see us get after it defensively and shut them down!

Newton will def shut them down. I don’t know if it was cause it was wet that they wasn’t making plays or Maidens defense is just that good to the point that Newton should be concerned with that kinda defense. North would be a soild team with one or 2 beefy Olinemen and one hog runstoper n one fast LB that flys to the ball. They could be that team next year cause they got a lot coming back with some help from a growing and improving JV team that most likely has some key players that’ll fill the roles. Replacing that QB will prob be heavy on Packs list.

Guys uhhh, I’m surprised this is even a thread and a talked about game. I was at the Maiden North game last week, I regret it cause I felt lead to do something else and it hurts still.

But anyway Maiden manhandled them very nicely. Even with all the penalties against them. North was sacked at least 6 or 7 times one of which resulted in a safety. Qb and 2 Wideouts are still dangerous for any local team to face especially Camp and Rhodes. Maiden made Cribb a non factor and he racked up rushing yards all year til last Friday.

All that being said unless North has a spark of some kind I can’t see them even scoring 14 in this game. Short slant routes to Rhodes will be their only chance of even getting first downs against Newton. Rhodes is a good wideout and if he don’t have a qb that has enough time in the pocket to get him the ball he may move on to a school that does and make that school and himself look better. We’ve all seen that sorta thing happen a lot. West Caldwell and Hibriten for starters. U think ALL those stars over the past 6 or 7 years live in Hibriten district?? Nuff said lol.

Just curious where they lived at since you know more than me? I’ve coached a lot of these kids in middle school and have given rides home. I think the HHS coaches are doing a wonderful job and credit needs to be given their.

Reactions: beamer24
Just curious where they lived at since you know more than me? I’ve coached a lot of these kids in middle school and have given rides home. I think the HHS coaches are doing a wonderful job and credit needs to be given their.

To answer your question I have no clue were those kids live/lived. I know people post stuff in past and prob that’s how rumors start. Used to watch a lot of the the WC Hibriten chatter on here and I couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve heard about Hibriten players living in West district on these boards. So I figured some of it must be true. So in a honesty on that 09’ 10’ 15’ 16’ teams all those play makers/game changers lived within 15 to 20 miles or so from Hibriten? This ain’t for me really but still curious this is for the skeptics that may be reading this ha ha. All in good fun though. Way off subject since it’s about Newton Conover and NL.

To answer your question I have no clue were those kids live/lived. I know people post stuff in past and prob that’s how rumors start. Used to watch a lot of the the WC Hibriten chatter on here and I couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve heard about Hibriten players living in West district on these boards. So I figured some of it must be true. So in a honesty on that 09’ 10’ 15’ 16’ teams all those play makers/game changers lived within 15 to 20 miles or so from Hibriten? This ain’t for me really but still curious this is for the skeptics that may be reading this ha ha. All in good fun though. Way off subject since it’s about Newton Conover and NL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT