ADVERTISEMENT

North Iredell

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
North Iredell is Open! North Iredell will have a New Head Football Coach going into the Fall season

Not a surprise. He seemed like a real good fellow though from when we used to 7 on 7 them. Their #'s were always low but they were very well coached and they finished 2nd one year by outplaying a lot of good teams. He had an excellent old school DC too.

Whoever gets it needs to be willing to take a lot of lumps.. it's not a job for the meek. If they could ever drop to 2A they'd be in much better shape they just don't have 3A talent consistently especially not like the Foothills 3A days.

Reactions: realjoejr
I think North Iredell needs a good ole Country boy Coach. This is who I would think can a really good fit for North Iredell. I would go after Monty Chipman the former East Wilkes and North Wilkes HC. He currently Coaching in Virginia. He turned East Wilkes and North Wilkes that have been a doormat for years to a respectful program.

I think North Iredell needs a good ole Country boy Coach. This is who I would think can a really good fit for North Iredell. I would go after Monty Chipman the former East Wilkes and North Wilkes HC. He currently Coaching in Virginia. He turned East Wilkes and North Wilkes that have been a doormat for years to a respectful program.
I thought Coach Grinton was that for North Iredell imo and Yes he was going leave when Starmount open but I think he would stay a few more year at North Iredell

Reactions: Kylar2018
Granton was perfect for North Iredell. I think they should go young and with a minority. Change things up. Greg Stewart DC at Statesville would be my 1st call

I thought Coach Grinton was that for North Iredell imo and Yes he was going leave when Starmount open but I think he would stay a few more year at North Iredell
Grinton might have been a good fit, but parents and fans control the program at North. North is a tough place to coach and its very political. If I was North Iredell I would like Monty Chipman. Like I said earlier North need not only a proven winner, but a good ole Country boy Coach. If not Chipman maybe a Coach from Texas, Oklahoma or deep South . My 2 cents worth

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Grinton might have been a good fit, but parents and fans control the program at North. North is a tough place to coach and its very political. If I was North Iredell I would like Monty Chipman. Like I said earlier North need not only a proven winner, but a good ole Country boy Coach. If not Chipman maybe a Coach from Texas, Oklahoma or deep South . My 2 cents worth
You are correct about political and fans because most fans think they should be what Love did at NI back in 80/90s but times have changed and can’t live in the past but many fans do.

Idk coach Chipman but If he doesn’t have the support like Grinton didn’t then it doesn’t matter who the coach is and I’m bit shocked they let Lewis stay around as long as they did imo

Granton was perfect for North Iredell. I think they should go young and with a minority. Change things up. Greg Stewart DC at Statesville would be my 1st call
No way he leaves bc I feel like he likes coaching girls basketball too and You know coach Bumgarner isn’t going anywhere but No disrespect to him - I am not a big fan of his for a few reasons but there other coaches like Rydell Cowan who could be the pick I would go after , They need a Offensive mind guy as their defense looked decent this season. Offensively that where they have struggled under Lewis. Dupree falls n them boys were the last good offense side for NI. O line has been Decent but not great, WR been OK, QB hasn’t been good, Rb are decent and etc but Will see what way NI goes but Last time they did a HC search not many applied and all so Who knows who takes it and also Before Lewis came They weren’t as bad with Lewis so this job is not high on any coaches radars unless it’s a first yr coach or something like that

Reactions: Kylar2018
A local assistant coach put in for the job which would be his first HC gig but he been coaching for a long time

Also Would Jeremy Funderburk leave Forbush to return to Alma mater ?

A local assistant coach put in for the job which would be his first HC gig but he been coaching for a long time

Also Would Jeremy Funderburk leave Forbush to return to Alma mater ?
That would be career suicide for Funderburk. Since Grinton left NI is 3-47, only folks applying for this job are someone local or somebody absolutely dying to be a head coach. With that being said, with them heading into the newer conference it should help them but be realistic about what this job is. Most years 4-5 wins would be a tremendous success.

That would be career suicide for Funderburk. Since Grinton left NI is 3-47, only folks applying for this job are someone local or somebody absolutely dying to be a head coach. With that being said, with them heading into the newer conference it should help them but be realistic about what this job is. Most years 4-5 wins would be a tremendous success.
Maybe so but Again NI need a guy like Funderburk to reestablish passion n pride in a program who don’t win many since the Coach Love era. Funderburk knows NI demographic and He went to NI . He would perfect rebuild person for North Iredell if they gave him full control n reigns of the program

Reactions: LetsGetIt7
Jim Nelson is a guy that has been mentioned for this job in the past. He's a local. Last I heard he was the HFC at East Middle

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Looks like Interviews are under way and looks like they have about 5 or so people to interview

Chris Hughes do you have a list candidate that might be a good fit for North Iredell program? My 2 were Monte Chipman and Jeremy Funderburk.

Any word on the hiring process? Rumors?
I dont know many names but i do know they had at least 5-6 get interviews. I do know 1 I wont say who out of respect of idk if he gotten it or whatever but he a local job at a nearby school n he has been around a long time but no HC experience tho

North Iredell hires : Andy Howell ..... Coach Howell was on staff at North Iredell since last yr and he also coach at South Iredell in early 2000s

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT