ADVERTISEMENT

North Forsyth @ Reidsville On Tuesday

Yeah, this will be another easy win for the Rams and an ugly game for NF. The Vikings haven't done much in years and can't seem to get their program together.
Hard to get it together when your competing with WF,EF Reagan and MT Tabor for talent in a county that allows open enrollment. With that being said this game ended about how I expected, the Rams would come out, out of sync, NF would have some success with the Ram being out of sync

Rams just need to get healthy.

Yeah, part of the issue now is that both our projected starting olb are out with injuries.

We gotta figure out who is going to spell #5 as well, because that was 22 jobs to take some carries.

Yeah, I do not get why NF cannot be more competitive and have not been in years. Seems like they would have athletes there and they have gone through a slew of coaches over the years. None of who could get it done there. I realize when they play other Forsyth Co. teams it is going to be tough since they do not have the numbers of a Reagan, Mt. Tabor or W. Forsyth. But in their conference games I would have expected them to do better. Not sure if the kids there are not willing to work, it has been the coaches, some of both or what?

NF losing a lot of kids to ADM's hasn't been a help either. Granted they are finally at a level where they can compete but they have to fight to restore their prestige. The school in general has had a lot of struggles. Before Williams got there it was a real nightmare in terms of how the program was run. He told us that under both Gilchrist in his later years and the dude before him there was no discipline at all. They would have team dinners but the kids weren't mandated to go (yes he said that.) Now that is a program in a messy state. Gilchrist didn't really have much control in the last two years he had there and the dude that followed him didn't either (we had parents try to fight in the stands in 2019 when we played them,) but since WIlliams has gotten there it's gotten a lot tighter.

He is doing a lot piece by piece but that program got so messy it's gonna take a bit of time. They lost quite a few of their better kids this year to Walkertown and East but they still have some good kids there. I expect them to do well in the Mid State.

TGT...it's Shyrock...and will point out that he, Lee, and Flippen are all sophomores.....................
I think it's actually Shryock ... r before the y ... whole different pronunciation ! Found that out today.

Don’t know about the lee Cobb thing. But heard redd is a sophomore and is actually a transfer
Reidsville has had some good Redds in the past ... and certainly plenty of Cobbs.
Hall of Fame inductee last night Kendon Doe is Lee Cobb's nephew.

I think it's actually Shryock ... r before the y ... whole different pronunciation ! Found that out today.
Good stuff.

Sooo… like Shrek… but… Shryock?

Gotta have his name right? I’m sure it means everything to him!….it would for me!

Al Lee 10 of 15 for 231 yards and 3 TDs, 0 int.; 48 yards rushing on 8 attempts.
Cam Peoples had 7 receptions for 91 yards, 1 TD; Queshyne Flippen 2 receptions, 118 yards, 2 TDs.
Shyheim Watlington 11 carries for 99 yards, 2 TDs.
Flippen also had an interceptions with a 28-yard return.
Devin Shylock led defense with 7 tackles, including a TFL for 9 yards.
peoples had about 90 yards on 2 plays surely he had more

How would you even know who is whom? Reidsville has NO programs. I'm sure the people and companies that bought ads appreciate that. Who is in charge

How would you even know who is whom? Reidsville has NO programs. I'm sure the people and companies that bought ads appreciate that. Who is in charge

I heard about redd from a source. But, you're right, its hard to keep up with who is who.

NF losing a lot of kids to ADM's hasn't been a help either. Granted they are finally at a level where they can compete but they have to fight to restore their prestige. The school in general has had a lot of struggles. Before Williams got there it was a real nightmare in terms of how the program was run. He told us that under both Gilchrist in his later years and the dude before him there was no discipline at all. They would have team dinners but the kids weren't mandated to go (yes he said that.) Now that is a program in a messy state. Gilchrist didn't really have much control in the last two years he had there and the dude that followed him didn't either (we had parents try to fight in the stands in 2019 when we played them,) but since WIlliams has gotten there it's gotten a lot tighter.

He is doing a lot piece by piece but that program got so messy it's gonna take a bit of time. They lost quite a few of their better kids this year to Walkertown and East but they still have some good kids there. I expect them to do well in the Mid State.
Thanks for the info, Slasher. Yes, I think Forsyth Co. has open enrollment. So NF has probably lost kids to Reagan and other schools. Reagan is a newer and nicer school and NF has been around a long time. So it is natural some kids would prefer going there. And they have had some decent football teams and kids will usually want to play for a winner.

I thought Gilchrist would be better than he was. I think he was at Olympic HS in Charlotte before going to NF and had some decent teams there. So not sure why he could not run a better program at NF and get the kids to buy in more than they did. But it is good to know things may get better at NF. Would be nice to see them become more competitive.

I'm pretty sure Pete was at W. Charlotte and he did have some good teams. IMO you can't blame his lack of success at NF on coaching. He knew/knows what it takes.

You do make a good point about Reagan and although I think they have hurt Carver more than NF, you could throw Walkertown into the mix. When new schools open it is exciting and people will move around if given the opportunity. Glenn and East Forsyth are all close enough to pull from one another. If it isn't the new facilities that attract people then they follow coaches.

I believe NF is trending in the right direction. A top 3 finish this season should get them in the playoffs. If they are competitive in the post season more kids in the building will come out next year and they may attract a few kids from other places. Honestly, there are probably some players at some of schools mentioned above that aren't getting a lot of PT. Someone like coach Williams could take their talents and blend them with what he has and be a lot stronger.

Reactions: fitguync30
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT