ADVERTISEMENT

North Davidson vs Davie County

BlackKnightNut

May 13, 2007
What do we think, gents? North turned the ball over too much in its first game, but showed great talent and potential. Davie lost a close one in OT to Page, but Page is always talented and I expect the War Eagles to be as well.

This is a dying rivalry. North and Davie first became rivals in the old North Piedmont 3A Conference in the late 60s when North moved up from 2A, having won an area state title in their last 2A year. North and Davie continued to be rivals into 4A, both becoming Central Piedmont Conference members later on.

It has always been a close and fierce rivalry, with the rural North and Davie fans constantly screwing things up for the Winston Salem schools when they weren't giving each other heck. History is about to reach a turning point; North and Davie probably will end the rivalry very soon...

Last edited:
I guess we will find out if Davie's offense struggled last week (80 some yards total offense) because Page's defense is really good, or if they are missing Chris Reynolds that much. I understand Cooper Wall didn't play against Page, but I don't know if he will play tonight. He can be a game changer.

The ND defense impressed me against Tabor, but the offense was almost all TJ Boyce. TJ is fantastic, but they have to find some other options. I have seen the QB look much more accurate in scrimmages than he did last week. I don't know how much of that was the ripped ear and how much was the bright lights of his first varsity start.

I hate to see this rivalry come to a close, also.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackKnightNut
I guess we will find out if Davie's offense struggled last week (80 some yards total offense) because Page's defense is really good, or if they are missing Chris Reynolds that much. I understand Cooper Wall didn't play against Page, but I don't know if he will play tonight. He can be a game changeover.

The ND defense impressed me against Tabor, but the offense was almost all TJ Boyce. TJ is fantastic, but they have to find some other options. I have seen the QB look much more accurate in scrimmages than he did last week. I don't know how much of that was the ripped ear and how much was the bright lights of his first varsity start.

I hate to see this rivalry come to a close, also.
#2 must be a factor he cramped up all game against Tabor.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Agreed about Zy, need him on the field and holding onto the football. Would love to see him redeem himself tonight. Couple of TDs and 150 yards receiving should/would take care of any lingering cramps....

Anybody bold enough to make a prediction for the final score tonight against Davie? I saw that Simmons model and it has us losing to Davie by 24 points (I think that was the amount). I don't see that happening, but didn't think we would lose last week either.

Agreed about Zy, need him on the field and holding onto the football. Would love to see him redeem himself tonight. Couple of TDs and 150 yards receiving should/would take care of any lingering cramps....

Anybody bold enough to make a prediction for the final score tonight against Davie? I saw that Simmons model and it has us losing to Davie by 24 points (I think that was the amount). I don't see that happening, but didn't think we would lose last week either.
had us losing to Tabor by like 18.

I actually liked that set where Zi and TJ were in the backfield together running zone read. They have to respect the keeper just as much as the hand-off with those two, and Zi needs to see the ball more.

I expect a good game, but it is too early in the year to know for sure. I don't see three TD's difference in these teams.

I will go first on the prediction limb.....ND 30, Davie 17. With the two defenses and the offenses and how they match up, could see multiple FG attempts on both sides.

Hopefully not a game decided by turnovers, always get nervous when we lose that batle....

Good point about the backfield. That is an awful lot of physical talent in their at one time.

Still love me sum S2V
39bee4f33728e1f54402d858540d373c-weekend-update-high-five.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT