ADVERTISEMENT

North Davidson 59 - Central Davidson 0

Also not being sarcastic but seriously good luck to central and I hope you find a win. I know it’s gotta hurt to lose so much.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Very much looking forward to these next two games. I have heard Salisbury is as or even more athletic as a team than Lexington or Asheville (for comparative illustration). Ledford has only lost to Glenn and they were definitely not run off the field that game. Coleman being full speed again obviously makes them a better team. Looking forward to our defense being as healthy as they can be for that game and any game after that. If I counted right, 4 starters on defense from game 1 this season were not playing last night. That’s hard for any team, hoping the game reps for others have built extra depth come playoff time.

I did not go, wasn't interested in seeing us blow out Central.

I am very interested in the next two games, hopefully we will be fully healthy by the time playoffs roll around. Anybody have info on our injuries?

Salisbury is very athletic but is a running team primarily, which plays into our defenses hands. Ledford will be the true test, as it is a rivalry and they will come at us as hard as possible. Plus, with their numbers being similar to ours, we will see size and an individual with speed to prepare us for the 2AA playoffs. Looking forward to it.

Very much looking forward to these next two games. I have heard Salisbury is as or even more athletic as a team than Lexington or Asheville (for comparative illustration). Ledford has only lost to Glenn and they were definitely not run off the field that game. Coleman being full speed again obviously makes them a better team. Looking forward to our defense being as healthy as they can be for that game and any game after that. If I counted right, 4 starters on defense from game 1 this season were not playing last night. That’s hard for any team, hoping the game reps for others have built extra depth come playoff time.

ND shouldn't have much of a problem with Salisbury. I was at the game last night and except for a couple of big plays in the 4th qtr, East probably could have won. East had the lead 10-6 going into the 4th qtr with the ball on the Salisbury 35 yard line and didn't score. Then Salisbury took over on downs and scored on an option sweep play a couple plays later and took the lead for good. The East defense seemed to run out of gas after that and never could regain the lead. I will say that Salisbury does run the option pretty well and their quarterback seems to be pretty crafty and make good decisions. If ND can contain the option and sweep plays on the outside then they shouldn't have any problems.

Bk18, you referenced the option.....doesn’t Shelby run a lot of option?

I don't know about Shelby but I read somewhere that South Point runs a triple option offense. Actually some of Salisbury's formations include two backs where they run some triple option. They will run a quick dive a few times and get you biting on that and then come back with the fake on the dive and run the option. This game should be a good test to see how ND defends an option style offense. They will most likely see it later in the playoffs. If ND doesn't play disciplined on the outside then Salisbury can break some big plays.

Salisbury runs the veer. Very hard to prepare for, but I expect we can get it done.

Yes, I meant to mention that too BKNut. They did run a few veer plays last night and had a few good runs off of it. They run it really well, the back hits the hole very quick. They also ran a couple of WR screens in the 4th qtr to their little small, fast WR. They broke a couple long runs off of it with one being a TD.

East is good on the line but don't have speed. They will give teams fits but are weak on the outside.

ND run defense is solid when we have everybody playing and healthy I believe they are gonna find it very difficult to run the ball agianst ND

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT