ADVERTISEMENT

North Buncombe scouting report?

haymond1977

Mar 21, 2008
Anyone got any info on them? What kind of systems they run, talent level, coaches, etc. Anything would be appreciated. Thanks.

Just played them last week. They throw about 75% of the time. Quarterback is decent with good arm strength. Running game is very weak, definitely a spread you out and throw it 40 times a game kind of team. They ran through mediocre teams early but have lost 3 in a row to Asheville, Erwin and Reynolds by a combined 153-42.... lack speed on the edge definsively. Don't let them hang around or you will find yourself in a dog fight.

North Buncombe is JUST good enough to keep your attention. They do have a good rb, who is small but can break a big play if given a crease. Like Rockepride saidm their QB is pretty decent, line isn't very good, but they do have a way of pulling out games in the 4th quarter so it better not be close by then, I don't imagine it will be.

Against North Buncombe...........

Very good running back and quarterback. Play your safeties up, send different blitz packages. Let your corners blitz depending on what formation the O is running. Send your linebackers on delayed blitzes. Don't let their QB breath or see daylight.

Pressure, pressure, pressure, pressure, pressure........

I'm just impressed with this season for NB. 7 wins this year, 8 total wins in the previous 5 years.

Not too bad, I hope they can continue to be competitive (gives me an excuse to sneak over there for some of that Blue Mountain Pizza).

Their fielding is above average and have a deep bullpen. The starting rotation goes 3 deep and they can hit the long ball. Oh sorry, wrong thread!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

You'd think that MAC team fans wouldn't want to give up info in the playoffs for non-MAC teams... Even more so for non mountain teams... Cmon cougar and rocket.... As far as this game goes... West Rowan isn't as crazy good as they were a few years ago I heard... But they will be motivated b/c KP parks is gonna be there as honorary coach... NB by 3

Hawk, everything I said can be negated if your O-line sticks with their blocks and dominates.

Also, if corners are blitzing, that leaves your receivers one on one with a linebacker. Key is for your QB to get the ball out of his hands quickly. Once your receivers start making plays down the field, it'll open up your run game. You guys have a strong chance to pull this one out if your coaches make a few adjustments.

I say Hawks by 6. Ya'll have the talent, just gotta figure out the best way to use it.

Hawk, chill man... it's a message board for goodness sake. I'm sure West Rowan's coaches can break down your film and know a helluva lot more about y'all than what we just posted. Good luck this Friday against the boys from Mt. Ulla.

Actually, NB runs the wishbone and they have the fastest white boys in the mountains. Go Blackhawks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT