ADVERTISEMENT

Non-Boundaries and Maxpreps Rankings?

CP16

Oct 29, 2001
Charter, Open enrollments, Non-football allowed to play extra BB games. Some have been playing games for 2 weeks. "Traditional. " schools could start Monday. In the past these games where dropped before seeding. The handbook says these extra games are not used to qualify for post season. Okay you wait to seeding day to drop these games? There rankings will be affected. This will a problem. Only solution is all teams must be set at 0-0 as of Monday.

Why these schools get to play extra games and get extra practices is dumb

Its called no football team...meaning basketball is their main sport to make money...Some take advantage but most,can't find any games to play anyway. But they don't count toward the seeding process anyways. Only games played after November 13 counts for seeding process...

It’s called another dumb advantage . Extra games extra practices because you don’t have football . Guess what you don’t have to pay for football either. You don’t have to wait to get your players if football team is good . I think we have exactly two players who don’t play football so while you have your whole team playing great compitition and getting good practices our coach is waiting . Sounds fair

It’s called another dumb advantage . Extra games extra practices because you don’t have football . Guess what you don’t have to pay for football either. You don’t have to wait to get your players if football team is good . I think we have exactly two players who don’t play football so while you have your whole team playing great compitition and getting good practices our coach is waiting . Sounds fair
About as fair as you guys get "new" guys in every year. You think your on the same playing field as other schools in your area and around? Not. Sometimes before you bash other schools, you may want to look at your "unfair" advantage as well.

Lol new guys ? This team been playing together since they were little but facts are just facts . Enjoy 15 more practices and 5 extra games that don’t count . Last year we had no new kids this year we got one kid who used to go here.

And for that matter every school around us have kids from Cherokee . So yes we might get one every 4 or 5 years but we give away more kids. What you would really say would be unfair is , if all the cherokee kids stayed here you wouldn’t touch us.

Was not intended for your back and forth fight. Sorry, trust me no school in the state has been affected by the non-boundary advantage as my kids tradtional 1A school has. But the point of my post is that teams playing "early" are establishing their maxpreps rankings. The maxpreps ranking helps determine playoff berths so, if extra games are not used to determine berths according to the handbook, we have a problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT