ADVERTISEMENT

No Scotland talk

I personally feel like their rankings currently on based on the past performance. And I think Bailey would agree. They haven’t been able to put together an entire game yet this year. The talent is there. The defense is fast and will keep them in most games. The offense has to eliminate the turnovers. To many botched snaps, and the Interception bug Keeps showing up. 3a East is loaded, with Jacksonville, Havelock, and Lee County.

Reactions: FTGSCOTS
They have not beat anybody but they will have their chances in the coming weeks. Being under the radar is good. I have only seen them once and thought they were ok but I know they have some talent with 7, 2, 23,5,44 and a few more. The oline and qb will determine how far they go.

I think we'll make some noise in the Playoff's....as far as conference play go don't think we have the bench to take out PC or Richie... they're too deep (but most definitely not counting us out)... although we are improving... I think in the next coming years we may have something to beat our chest about.... but as for right now we're holding our own... I can see us finishing 2nd or 3rd in the SHAC.

Scotland is good. Should go far in 3A. They will beat Lee County, but I'm not sure they could get by 71st.

71st has most definitely got my attention... really hated to see them leave the conf.
The most balanced team I have seen in this part of the state (sandhills). They are not going to beat themselves. Very talented linebackers and defensive backs.

Can someone please list the conference members for 71st conference? I am overseas and for some strange reason I cant get Max Preps on my internet server. Thanks

Jack Britt, Southview, Cape Fear, Grays Creek, Douglas Byrd, Lumberton and Purnell Swett

What about Westover, Terry Sanford, EE Smith? Are they in another conference? Pine Forest?
Yes along with Overhills, Triton, Harnett Central and western Harnett. I would rather they made one 4a conference with cumberland co schools along with Lumberton, swett and overhills. Overhills is only 15 minutes from pine forest. Little distance to the Robeson County schools but not ridiculous or switch them with hoke County and they play in Sandhills. Very close to the Moore County schools and Lee county. Anyways.

yeah... just saw the highlights...71st is the truth this year...and to be such a young team... they're going to make noise for a couple years at least. I see them few years in the SHAC did them some good...
I wouldn't say that as much. They've always had a solid program maybe not as heralded as others. Richmond was always on the schedule. Only Pinecrest and Scotland were new. They joined when Scotland and Pinecrest were in their peak years. Broke the Scots win streak and victories against Pinecrest. They should make some noise for the next few years. Only 4 seniors on this team and only the second freshman to start at qb following Kyler Davis. Future looks good. Gotta stay focused for remainder of the season.

I wouldn't say that as much. They've always had a solid program maybe not as heralded as others. Richmond was always on the schedule. Only Pinecrest and Scotland were new. They joined when Scotland and Pinecrest were in their peak years. Broke the Scots win streak and victories against Pinecrest. They should make some noise for the next few years. Only 4 seniors on this team and only the second freshman to start at qb following Kyler Davis. Future looks good. Gotta stay focused for remainder of the season.
ehh... to each its own... but I'm a believer in iron sharpening iron...when in the SHAC 71st had way more iron to rub against than it does now... yes... they're are a respectable program... but I think the playing Shac teams helped with the progression of their program.

ehh... to each its own... but I'm a believer in iron sharpening iron...when in the SHAC 71st had way more iron to rub against than it does now... yes... they're are a respectable program... but I think the playing Shac teams helped with the progression of their program.
Let's not forget 71st has 4 state championships. Only Richmond has more. Prior to that the only game was Scotland and Richmond. Pinecrest was not a factor til lately. The midsouth was the tougher all around conference with Cape Fear, Jack Britt, Pine Forest and 71st. Although it would be more challenging I believe 71st would have won in the old conference.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT