ADVERTISEMENT

NO ONE IS DEFINITELY PLAYING FOOTBALL THIS YEAR

Dashboard, chalkboard, paddle board, don’t matter, still numbers, take them or leave them.They are what they are.

Saw today that Kannapolis began conditioning (practice) on Monday. No pads no contact. In my opinion no use.

The state of North Carolina is closing in on 156,000 deaths attributed to Covid-19. No where can I find an accurate number of confirmed cases. No where can I find a break down based on age. No where can I find a break down based on preexisting conditions. I'm not about to say it doesn't exist (I know people who have had it), but take out the elderly and those with preexisting conditions and I'll bet the number will be extremely low. Again, I know it's real but I think it's way overblown. Lives, the economy, sports and who knows what else ruined for no good reason, other than to advance a political agenda.

How can you take out the elderly and those with preexisting conditions when people like them live in the same household as students?

Reactions: BulldogJacket85
All I'm saying is those are the people who are dieing for the most part. The majority of young healthy people who get it, get over it. I'm not saying we should or shouldn't do anything, just saying they don't share enough information with us. You can't offer a good solution without all the information. If you ask me, and you didn't, "THEY" don't want us to know.

Numbers for the Thomasville Bulldogs area. This came from the Board Meeting on 8/4/20. Notice the numbers going up for kids under 18 and in general. These kids would all expose other students, teachers, custodians, cafeteria workers and admins. Just some food for thought when it comes to opening back up and having players in a locker room and contacting one another.

June 15 = 95 positive cases in the 27360

July 15 = 373 positive cases in the 27360

August to date = 573 positive cases in the 27360

Citizens under 18 (students) testing positive for COVID-19 March 16th—July 15th = 40

Citizens under 18 (students) testing positive for COVID-19 As of August 4th 2020 = 70
Got to thinking about those numbers. The 27360 zip code includes kids in the Thomasville system, but even more in the county system. So these could be students in Thomasville City Schools or the East Davidson and Ledford schools/feeder schools. The state only divides stats into zip codes.

All I'm saying is those are the people who are dieing for the most part. The majority of young healthy people who get it, get over it. I'm not saying we should or shouldn't do anything, just saying they don't share enough information with us. You can't offer a good solution without all the information. If you ask me, and you didn't, "THEY" don't want us to know.

That makes no sense. You’re pretending that young people don’t live with older people. Plenty of information is out there if you actually read it.

“THEY” is a fantasy that allows people to be willfully ignorant.

C is G, I'm 61 and have heart issues. My mother lives with us, she's 83. I have a sister and daughter who are both in healthcare. Both have been in contact with people who have tested positive several times each. Believe it or not it is possible to live in the same house with someone who has Covid-19 and isolate yourself from them, if the house is big enough. It all boils down to personal behavior. You can live your life and be careful not to possibly expose others. When my daughter was exposed she stayed away from Mom and me for 14 days. It's all about being responsible.

Reactions: footballstar_17
Got to thinking about those numbers. The 27360 zip code includes kids in the Thomasville system, but even more in the county system. So these could be students in Thomasville City Schools or the East Davidson and Ledford schools/feeder schools. The state only divides stats into zip codes.

Very true about all three schools. Some could be private school, charter school or home school. Being that a continued phase two is another five weeks then it is looking bad at this point for any start before October now,

C is G, I'm 61 and have heart issues. My mother lives with us, she's 83. I have a sister and daughter who are both in healthcare. Both have been in contact with people who have tested positive several times each. Believe it or not it is possible to live in the same house with someone who has Covid-19 and isolate yourself from them, if the house is big enough. It all boils down to personal behavior. You can live your life and be careful not to possibly expose others. When my daughter was exposed she stayed away from Mom and me for 14 days. It's all about being responsible.

Thats not the main issue though. Why would you even want to take a chance of having to go through the trouble of isolation, testing, sick and bed ridden with a deadly virus? In your case I understand it since your sister and daughter works in healthcare. But I see people out here taking a pointless risk cause they want to go eat and drink at a bar or restaurant....

Numbers for the Thomasville Bulldogs area. This came from the Board Meeting on 8/4/20. Notice the numbers going up for kids under 18 and in general. These kids would all expose other students, teachers, custodians, cafeteria workers and admins. Just some food for thought when it comes to opening back up and having players in a locker room and contacting one another.

June 15 = 95 positive cases in the 27360

July 15 = 373 positive cases in the 27360

August to date = 573 positive cases in the 27360

Citizens under 18 (students) testing positive for COVID-19 March 16th—July 15th = 40

Citizens under 18 (students) testing positive for COVID-19 As of August 4th 2020 = 70

Not surprised after what I saw at the local Walmart here. Got too many careless people from Denton and parts of Randolph that still think Covid 19 a hoax.:rolleyes:

Check out wxii12.com for a typical story of a Davidson County EMS worker and her unwillingness to wear a mask. And an even more typical response from a county commissioner. Another fine example of a local elected official who thinks he’s a Supreme Court Justice.

The comm
They should fire the EMS worker yesterday.
The commissioner has already been fired. Barely finished fourth in a three seat Republican primary. But he was the leading vote getter in a previous election cycle. He’ll be out after November. Most of his fellow commissioners probably agree with his stance. As a wise man once told me, we’re proud of our ignorance in Davidson County.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
The real question NOBODY can answer is why the overall death rate in our country is still flat in comparison to 2018 and 2019. I guess everybody just quit dying of other causes....
I suspect that the change in people’s activity is a contributing factor. Might be worthwhile to look at death from causes other than disease, though I haven’t done that.

The comm

The commissioner has already been fired. Barely finished fourth in a three seat Republican primary. But he was the leading vote getter in a previous election cycle. He’ll be out after November. Most of his fellow commissioners probably agree with his stance. As a wise man once told me, we’re proud of our ignorance in Davidson County.
Two " words. " Gerald Hege.

Saw today that Kannapolis began conditioning (practice) on Monday. No pads no contact. In my opinion no use.

The state of North Carolina is closing in on 156,000 deaths attributed to Covid-19. No where can I find an accurate number of confirmed cases. No where can I find a break down based on age. No where can I find a break down based on preexisting conditions. I'm not about to say it doesn't exist (I know people who have had it), but take out the elderly and those with preexisting conditions and I'll bet the number will be extremely low. Again, I know it's real but I think it's way overblown. Lives, the economy, sports and who knows what else ruined for no good reason, other than to advance a political agenda.
156,000?????

Reactions: SPRaiders78
Yea, sorry about that. I should have edited that post. I read back over it and realized my numbers were shall we say, a little bit off. I think that was an approximate number of deaths nation wide. I'm surprised I wasn't called out sooner.

Let's move the season to the spring ...why not,? Baseball does not pay the bills....not too many really care . A few years back burns was in the 3rd round of rhe baseball playoffs...maybe 100 fans total. ...if this were football 5k easy . I hate all this covid mess but it is what it is ......

Reactions: Crest9496
Sorry, Its not about you. If only one parent wants to see their Senior play it matters. Depends on what school your at. All the programs matter.
I feel bad for the schools and ADs having to possibly cut programs and JV teams this season.
Scheduling with possible realignments could get extremely tough have 3 sport seasons in a semester.

Reactions: rambbq
Hope things go well for Thomasville, everyone for that matter. I hear Thomasville has a really good hotdog.

They have some great hotdogs! The only problem I have with their concession stand is that those hot dogs aren’t ready until right about game time. I’d like to eat my hot dogs prior to the game so that I don’t spit my slaw out. Also, they are priced to SELL! i think I got two hot dogs and a drink for like $4.

Stadium hot dogs, one of life’s little pleasures, sure gonna miss them. Shelby has really good dogs too. If some sort of weird plan allows some games, and maybe some fans it will probably mean stopping by the DQ to get a few “dogs”. concessions.

Reactions: Crest is Garbage
They have some great hotdogs! The only problem I have with their concession stand is that those hot dogs aren’t ready until right about game time. I’d like to eat my hot dogs prior to the game so that I don’t spit my slaw out. Also, they are priced to SELL! i think I got two hot dogs and a drink for like $4.
You must have caught them on an off night. Perhaps the night the health inspector showed up at 6. I get there very early and the King and I usually have ours eaten by 6:30, an hour before game time.
Now, if you were on the visitor’s side, I’m not sure. If that’s a problem, it’s pretty easily fixed.

Let's move the season to the spring ...why not,? Baseball does not pay the bills....not too many really care . A few years back burns was in the 3rd round of rhe baseball playoffs...maybe 100 fans total. ...if this were football 5k easy . I hate all this covid mess but it is what it is ......
I agree Lawn, at this point it’s the best play, but The great Que Tucker has came out and said they will not screw spring sports again. So their will be a spring season even if football moves to the spring.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
I agree Lawn, at this point it’s the best play, but The great Que Tucker has came out and said they will not screw spring sports again. So their will be a spring season even if football moves to the spring.

Then the NCHSAA will need to pay for a lot of schools programs if football is not allowed in spring. I know, I know, that ain’t happening.

Reactions: LetsGetIt7
I see where it is being reported that the Big 10 has voted to cancel football this fall. Vote was 10-2 with only Iowa and Nebraska voting to play.

The college football dominos began to fall today. Two major conferences announced their schools wouldn't be playing this fall. The other three Power Five Conferences will most likely announce the same thing within the next two or three weeks. If college football can walk away from $4 billion, you can bet you sweet ace there won't be any high school ball.

Reactions: Crest9496
The college football dominos began to fall today. Two major conferences announced their schools wouldn't be playing this fall. The other three Power Five Conferences will most likely announce the same thing within the next two or three weeks. If college football can walk away from $4 billion, you can bet you sweet ace there won't be any high school ball.
Don't be so sure the ACC, SEC, and Big 12 will cancel this fall. I will be surprised if they do.

Reactions: PBBear51
I'll be surprised if they do, but I've been wrong before. Not many times, but I have been wrong. Way to much politics involved. Not Democrat and Republican politics, but NCAA politics. If two conferences choose not to play and three do and something bad happens, how is it going to make those three conferences look. Just can't take that chance I don't think.

Don't be so sure the ACC, SEC, and Big 12 will cancel this fall. I will be surprised if they do.
Mule, do you think there will be fans in the stands? The number I heard for UNC was 10,000 per game. Not sure how that is broken down, if true. Some coaches apparently think it will be tv fans only, with empty seats. What’s your view?

Mule, do you think there will be fans in the stands? The number I heard for UNC was 10,000 per game. Not sure how that is broken down, if true. Some coaches apparently think it will be tv fans only, with empty seats. What’s your view?
They have many options on the table but for now no one actually knows what will be the case.

For now, no fans in the stands but that can change later in the fall depending on how things progress. Of course, there are no guarantees that games will actually be played.

I like what the ACC, SEC, and Big 12 are doing. Buying time instead of just canceling like the BIG 10 and PAC 12.

If those three play in the fall, and the others in the spring, can there be a national champion? I saw that only 393 of the original 838 games scheduled are still on for the fall.

I just saw the NCHSAA scheduled for sports. I guess I was both right and wrong. Right in the fact we won't have high school football this calendar year. Wrong in the fact that they will indeed try to play, Starting in February. February to April football, seven games max is better than none at all.

Even in February, except in mountain areas, temps not to bad. It will feel like season will start in what we know as 3rd or 4th round playoffs. 4pm start time on game day not terrible. It will be 2021, might be a different situation.

Damn you talking about a sellout for UNC. Of course that is with their curry math thrown in.

But are they just kicking the can down the the road again and getting these kids hopes up?

Damn you talking about a sellout for UNC. Of course that is with their curry math thrown in.
UNC sold out every game last year. This year they already took our season tickets back and will sell single game tickets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT