ADVERTISEMENT

No more subdivisions

Thats crazy.

If it starts in April then the feb season will still be sub divide

I way i read it is this is a one season thing.
Is that right?

We are hitting the weight. That only goes so far dude. We will basically have to beat the best 2a school Reidsville to win a 1a title because of free lunches. We have 360 kids. We could have our best team in 30 years and still not have a chance.

If nchsaa would do a 20/30/30/20 split we would have a chance every 10 years or so.

I'm more upset that the maximum regular season games is 10 now instead of 11. Why they take a game away? Also has the new conference's been announced yet? Is it for certain reidsvlle will be 1a?

Reactions: UNC91
Has everyone in the NCHSAA So scared of COVID-19 that their brains has stopped thinking straight ? They just have a bad case of DA.... Like I said in another post, the representatives of the 1A & 2A need to decide their changes and the 3A & 4A decide their changes. 3A & 4A large cities do not need to be deciding on what effects the 1A & 2A. Larger cities more votes and they are deciding for the small schools.

Has everyone in the NCHSAA So scared of COVID-19 that their brains has stopped thinking straight ? They just have a bad case of DA.... Like I said in another post, the representatives of the 1A & 2A need to decide their changes and the 3A & 4A decide their changes. 3A & 4A large cities do not need to be deciding on what effects the 1A & 2A. Larger cities more votes and they are deciding for the small schools.
If it's this spring only, it does not bother me because it is nothing I will keep up with more than 2 teams. But if it is for the next 4 years then I say I do not approve of it but what we think doesn't matter to the NCHSAA. As far as spring football it is going to be a mess if games get snowed out and they say no make-up games so some schools may only play 5 games and others get their 7 games played. So how is that going to work out in the final season polling and team matchups ?

I'm more upset that the maximum regular season games is 10 now instead of 11. Why they take a game away? Also has the new conference's been announced yet? Is it for certain reidsvlle will be 1a?

New Conference proposals will come out on Dec. 10th.

Personally, I like the idea of not Subdividing the classifications. Always thought 8 was way to many State Champions. Just look at the playoffs the last few years to see that effect at the 1A level. However, Since they will no longer be subdividing, I really think they should have went to 5 classifications. Without subdividing for playoffs, some schools will play opponents triple there size. But, now actually making the playoffs will once again mean something, no more of this 2 or 3 wins a year crap getting in.

That blows! So 1a schools go from 20percent of total schools to 25 percent...and they can't subdivide? Dang small 1a schools just got punched in the gut. How many teams make the playoffs? Did they reduce that too?

Reactions: NDClassic
If it's this spring only, it does not bother me because it is nothing I will keep up with more than 2 teams. But if it is for the next 4 years then I say I do not approve of it but what we think doesn't matter to the NCHSAA. As far as spring football it is going to be a mess if games get snowed out and they say no make-up games so some schools may only play 5 games and others get their 7 games played. So how is that going to work out in the final season polling and team matchups ?
I do believe the Ast. Superintendent of schools for Mt. Airy is on the BOD. Give her a call.

Reactions: UNC91
Playoffs go to six rounds with no subdividing and the drop to ten games.
The reason to go to ten is partly to get the season to start later and to allow the extra round of playoffs.

Personally I have always thought football should have a totally different alignment than the other sports.

Total BS..so they are basically gonna cut a bunch of revenue out when schools are basically crippled now becauseof covid..NCHSAA gets all the money off the endowment games and then schools will have to make it on 4 or 5 home games..This will eliminate small town football..Ques plan all along. She literally despises the SMC anyway.
A 200 student school playing a 700 student school in the playoffs. Brilliant

Bk you better enjoy this spring because it will be your last championship for awhile with the cards stacked against Robbinsville. That is if Cooper even let's em play. Will this be like number 18 for you guys?

Bk you better enjoy this spring because it will be your last championship for awhile with the cards stacked against Robbinsville. That is if Cooper even let's em play. Will this be like number 18 for you guys?
16...but who's counting..lol

This is the first step in convincing the membership to move to 5 or 6 classifications. The move to ADMs only counting 50% is even worse. Just think, Reidsville and their 720+ students get to dominate 1A football for the next 4 years while some schools with 550-600 kids get to go face others with 1100 kids in 2A (similar situations in 3A and 4A). This setup is ridiculous.

This is the first step in convincing the membership to move to 5 or 6 classifications. The move to ADMs only counting 50% is even worse. Just think, Reidsville and their 720+ students get to dominate 1A football for the next 4 years while some schools with 550-600 kids get to go face others with 1100 kids in 2A (similar situations in 3A and 4A). This setup is ridiculous.
Reidsville may not feel so lucky if they draw Swain Murphy Robbinsville and Tarboro in a 4 game span

Reactions: realjoejr
With that said, Reidsville proved to be beatable last year. To be the best, beat the best. Just like all those pre 2000 state title teams did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT