ADVERTISEMENT

No charges for Erwin player in altercation

There's never a good reason for a player OR coach to hit or shove a ref, but if that ref was Mickey I probably would have to make an exception.

Originally posted by COUGAR-90:

There's never a good reason for a player OR coach to hit or shove a ref, but if that ref was Mickey I probably would have to make an exception.
roll.r191677.gif

I wish they would shove him in to retirement...

There is no reason to ever put your hands on the officials, but this happened just after a very controversial call that knocked Erwin from the playoffs. Emotions were very high and the young man was just not thinking about the consequences at the time. The player in question is a senior and has not played all season. He is actually a really good kid and usually not like this.

By the way for anyone that did not know what happend, the player in question shoved the ref after the game was over. !and have felt like shoving him many times in the past but it still was wrong.

This post was edited on 11/17 1:03 PM by BD Warrior

This post was edited on 11/17 8:31 PM by Sportsnut17

Originally posted by BD Warrior:

Originally posted by COUGAR-90:

roll.r191677.gif

I wish they would shove him in to retirement...
yea ,he can definitely test your patience.lol

The last play of the game wasn't controversial at all. It wasn't even close to any kind of penalty. Any team can't expect to get bailed out on a hail mary play unless the receiver is tackled to the ground way before the ball gets there.

I will say the officials in that game were bad, but they were bad both ways.
This post was edited on 11/17 4:47 PM by GG4BAMA

As bad as we have all wanted to get our hands on a referee sometimes, it is NEVER acceptable to touch an official in any way.

Justafan56, I agree and we're all just having fun about Micky. But seriously, if they give that dude an enema right before he dies they could bury what's left of him in a Copenhagen can. He's really that bad.

I've actually seen him turn his head and watch a running back rip off an 80 yard touchdown run and wait to throw the flag for holding until the kid crosses the end zone.

Unbelievable how many schools have bad Mickey stories. I don't think he is allowed back in Polk County for football or basketball. Crazy thing is how long is has lasted as an official.

He no longer is a part of the WNCOA (basketball) so nobody will have to deal with him after football season.

you know i was yelling at the refs the other night and listening to others and thought nothing about it.on saturday i got to thinking that i'm over 40 years old and screaming at another human being about how terrible he is. i've decided to stop that behavior. it is what it is and making an ass of myself doesn't change anythng except show people what a big dumbass i can be

This post was edited on 11/19 1:57 PM by artvandelay

Originally posted by artvandelay:
you know i was yelling at the refs the other night and listening to others and thought nothing about it.on saturday i got to thinking that i'm over 40 years old and screaming at another human being about how terrible he is. i've decided to stop that behaviour. it is what it is and making an ass of myselfd doesn't change anythong except show people what a big dumbass i can be
Ditto!! (except I'm not over 40) I've got to do better myself. I know exactly what you mean.

Originally posted by MACFan1:

Originally posted by artvandelay:
you know i was yelling at the refs the other night and listening to others and thought nothing about it.on saturday i got to thinking that i'm over 40 years old and screaming at another human being about how terrible he is. i've decided to stop that behaviour. it is what it is and making an ass of myselfd doesn't change anythong except show people what a big dumbass i can be
Ditto!! (except I'm not over 40) I've got to do better myself. I know exactly what you mean.
I had that realization while booing a call near the end of a 40 point blowout last week.

I cant believe this particular ref is still allowed to call games. There isn't a single knowledgeable football fan in WNC that doesn't know how bad of a ref he is. I know us Asheville fans will ask BEFORE the game starts. "Hey _ _ _ _ _ _ isn't reffing tonight is he?" Now obviously you should never violently touch a ref, but it isn't a coincidence that nobody wants him calling their games. If he is there and its a big game, forget about breaking a play more than 15 yards.
This post was edited on 11/18 10:56 PM by AhsCougar1

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT