ADVERTISEMENT

Newspaper Article About Franklin Quarterback

Lincolnton

Nov 19, 2002
This was in the Asheville Citizen-Times, if anyone cares to peruse it. Mostly, it concerns Franklin quarterback D.Cochran and an ankle injury he recently sustained. I thought he incurred this last week, against Monroe, but according to the A.C.T. it happened during the West Stokes game. See the link.

Asheville Citizen-Times:Franklin Quarterback

Speaking of injuries here is an article in today's Gaston Gazette about East Lincoln offensive tackle T.Dennis who plays with a broken foot.

Hats of to both players for their efforts, overcoming their pain and dedication to team.

Gaston Gazette: East Lincoln Player

Both young men are making memories that will last a lifetime. Are you attending a game this week, Mr. Lincolnton?

Originally posted by Lincolnton:
This was in the Asheville Citizen-Times, if anyone cares to peruse it. Mostly, it concerns Franklin quarterback D.Cochran and an ankle injury he recently sustained. I thought he incurred this last week, against Monroe, but according to the A.C.T. it happened during the West Stokes game. See the link.
Happened in 3rd Q of West Stokes game.

Hats off to both. They are creating stories right now that will be told for years to come.

This post was edited on 12/4 9:50 PM by RadioCheck

Great display of senior leadership and toughness from both
This post was edited on 12/4 11:39 PM by tdawg5

Originally posted by CHEERDUCK:
Both young men are making memories that will last a lifetime. Are you attending a game this week, Mr. Lincolnton?
Afraid not, my friend. I'll be working. Unfortunately, high school football, for me, is over, this year. I'm scheduled on for so long I can't even see daylight at the end of the tunnel.

You ever see these words "There is one alone, and there is not a second; yea, he hath neither child nor brother: yet is there no end of all his labour"...Wonder if this guy was complaining about having to work so much he couldn't go to the football games ? No, probably not.
wink.r191677.gif
...but we'll do it again, next year.

Radio Check, I envy you. I wish my team was playing and I was getting ready to go on a three hour road trip. Talking about stories, if the Panthers could pull this one off with a quarterback nursing a broken ankle and having to make a trip almost to Charlotte to get it done this really would be a story that would last for years.

I don't mean to be unkind by saying this but I don't think Franklin has a chance. I really hope they can make a game out of it and outside the East Lincoln area most people around here probably have some sentiments for the Panthers because they see them as the quintessential underdogs.

If you do get to make the trip down, good luck, safe travels and enjoy it, and for what it's worth, most people from eastern Lincoln County are ok.

Originally posted by Lincolnton:
Originally posted by CHEERDUCK:
Afraid not, my friend. I'll be working. Unfortunately, high school football, for me, is over, this year. I'm scheduled on for so long I can't even see daylight at the end of the tunnel.

You ever see these words "There is one alone, and there is not a second; yea, he hath neither child nor brother: yet is there no end of all his labour"...Wonder if this guy was complaining about having to work so much he couldn't go to the football games ? No, probably not.
wink.r191677.gif
...but we'll do it again, next year.

Radio Check, I envy you. I wish my team was playing and I was getting ready to go on a three hour road trip. Talking about stories, if the Panthers could pull this one off with a quarterback nursing a broken ankle and having to make a trip almost to Charlotte to get it done this really would be a story that would last for years.

I don't mean to be unkind by saying this but I don't think Franklin has a chance. I really hope they can make a game out of it and outside the East Lincoln area most people around here probably have some sentiments for the Panthers because they see them as the quintessential underdogs.

If you do get to make the trip down, good luck, safe travels and enjoy it, and for what it's worth, most people from eastern Lincoln County are ok.
Not even next week's State Championship games in W/S?

Sure do wish I could join everybody but I got nearly eighty hours, next week. It makes me tired just thinking about it. Somebody has got to do it, though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT