ADVERTISEMENT

New West Charlotte Head Coach

I get that Greiner wanted more support and more pay which led to his departure from Harding, but he’s a fish in water on the West side. I think it’s a perfect fit and won’t be nearly as much political nuances at WC than there was at HR.

I get that Greiner wanted more support and more pay which led to his departure from Harding, but he’s a fish in water on the West side. I think it’s a perfect fit and won’t be nearly as much political nuances at WC than there was at HR.
He will have free range. Plus with west's history and with creek and Vance in conference they want to b relevant again.

He will have free range. Plus with west's history and with creek and Vance in conference they want to b relevant again.
It had more to do with the cupboard was empty at Harding, and HR had all the bells & whistles! Which turned out, not to be a good fit. You gotta give the guy props. He’s not afraid of somewhat challenging opportunities. The conference definitely got better with him at WC.

Its a BIG win win for West Charlotte and Coach Greiner. Kind of we need each other badly marriage. West was slowing getting back decent with Coach Harris, and with Harris as AD it gives great perspective on the program and the needs/wants. Great hire in all aspects.

Reactions: btango
Sam Greiner is back in the coaching realm as the new head coach at West Charlotte HS. Love the fit.

I feel that West Charlotte can win this year. Looking at their 2020 schedule, I can see them at 4-0 heading into the conference slate and could easily see them going 7-4.

Obviously the games against Mallard Creek, Vance, and Hough will be tough battles. I think the Mooresville and Lake Norman games are winnable but will a struggle.

Issue last year with West Charlotte to me was - They did not have a great O line and I think they lacked in some areas.

With Coach Greiner taking over, I think if he addresses these issue in those spots , I could see West Charlotte in at least the top 5. I think it will still take about a 1 or 2 get the ship right under the new leadership.

Coach Greiner is a great guy and coach and I believe he make West Char. Better off the good foundation coach harris left for him

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT