ADVERTISEMENT

New story on Richlands football coach

Richlands is now considered the suburbs of Jacksonville, so now your getting military kids who move in/out, and on top of that your getting parents who think they know more than coach, and from what I see have kids playing in wrong positions on the football field. I could sit here and name families after families who produce nothing but speed and athletic kids who still live in Richlands. They don't play football anymore because as an example "Sergeant Major Joe" has just written a 1,500 dollar check to send his son who runs a 5.0 to 7 on 7 camp, and of course his buddies who are even slower get to go to, but I can promise they are not inviting "Richland legacies" who run a 4.6 to go during the summer.

The back way leading into Jacksonville is becoming more popular and quicker so you have allot of kids who love football sneaking over to Northside to play for Pollock or you have Jacksonville HS who has 3 legendary coaches on staff. If I were Richlands I would stop playing any local schools who were not in my conference, and just start making a non conference schedule of high profile schools from around eastern north Carolina. Why? Because although WRH did not have a great season last year, they created even more excitement about there program because kids had a chance to play against the best all the time. Trust me if kids from the area know they were going to play New Hanover, Fayeteville 71st, Northeastern, and maybe a Raleigh school every year. I think you would start to see the areas best kids find a way to play for Richlands.

Good luck to there coach, but beating SWO is your first task and they are not even playing to the level they use to be at! A School the size of Richlands cannot be satisfied beating Lejeune and Croatan. Very sad football situation at Richlands. Your best coach in recent member was Cobb, and you booted him out because he was to hard on teenage boys playing football. That should tell you all you need to know about Richlands football!

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
Beating SWO would be a big boost to Richlands football, until that happens, I hope coach gets paid well to do this job. Good Luck!

Reactions: UNC91
Pat Byrd will do well if they will leave him alone and give him some time. Richlands has had 5 coaches in the last 16 years. Southwest has had 5 coaches in the last 40 years. I remember when Beau Williams came to Jacksonville and went 2-20 his first 2 seasons. Some at Jax wanted to pull the plug, but they let him keep adding to his staff and learning and they are doing well now.

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
Good luck to there coach, but beating SWO is your first task and they are not even playing to the level they use to be at!

LOL. Another person living in the past. SWO has been to 2 Eastern Finals in the last 3 years, but they are not even playing to the level they use to be at?? Wow!!

Last 3 years at SWO: 33 wins, 7 playoff wins, 2 Eastern Finals. Wins over Wallace-Rose Hill twice, East Duplin, SW Edgecombe, Ayden-Grifton, East Bladen and the first ever SWO win at South Columbus(who was undefeated 12-0 and ranked 5th in the state). Got news for you superstar, SWO ain't gone anywhere and the future is even brighter!!

Coach Dempsey has done a great job stepping in at SWO. First year was tough as he wasn’t named until April or so and the cupboard wasn’t exactly full that year. Two Eastern Finals appearances in first 4 years and our first EVER win at Vinegar Hill is some impressive stuff. Great start!!

Reactions: UNC91
LOL. Another person living in the past. SWO has been to 2 Eastern Finals in the last 3 years, but they are not even playing to the level they use to be at?? Wow!!
[
If I'm living in past your accepting mediocre as okay. We once went to 4 state title games in in like 6 years and won 3.

Going undefeated in the weakest conference in 1a or 2a doesn't impress me. Losing to Jacksonville and Northside on a yearly bases does not impress me. SWO better start remembering the past because losing to just okay Northeastern is not exactly what I call SWO like!

When did it become cool to say we lost in eastern finals?

Reactions: dogs79
[
If I'm living in past your accepting mediocre as okay. We once went to 4 state title games in in like 6 years and won 3.

Going undefeated in the weakest conference in 1a or 2a doesn't impress me. Losing to Jacksonville and Northside on a yearly bases does not impress me. SWO better start remembering the past because losing to just okay Northeastern is not exactly what I call SWO like!

When did it become cool to say we lost in eastern finals?

Could not have said it better....

Reactions: dogs79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT