ADVERTISEMENT

New site for Cleveland Gaston and Lincoln County news

Richard Walker, is the quintessential sports journalist. He is up on competition from the national level to the most local. I've watched him on TV along with other knowledgeable guest, and I think, they too, are impressed with how much he knows about sports.

Last edited:
Richard Walker, is the quintessential sports journalist. He is up on competition from the national level to the most local. I've watched him on TV along with other knowledgeable guest, and I think, they too, are impressed with how much he knows about sports.

I consider myself to be very well versed in useless sports trivia and was humbled by RW many times in sports trivia at the old BW3 in Gastonia. The man has forgotten more useless sports trivia than most will ever know.

It's a shame the powers that be found it necessary that he wasn't needed at the Gazette/Star. Always good to see Richard at the games and his choice in music isn't bad.
Can they just merge already? It’s been the Gaston Star for several years. They’re both owned by the same company, would save money. They run pretty much the same stories, especially sports wise, and I agree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT