ADVERTISEMENT

New head football coach at Richmond

You are calling out somebody, indirectly! Sneek dissing! I might have played in the 3rd level or I may be just a fan of the game but I'm not on here agreeing with someone talking about a coach not being good like you are either. I asked you early have you coached dbs before? The comment about alignment and Rebel one saying that some assistant aren't good. Then, a comment was made about defensive backs. I'm curious how many of the people commenting know actual defensive back play? One of yall may be Nick Saban or Deion Sanders for all I know.
l

He got into the mix late last week and was at the high school this weekend.

He went to college with Jason Norton.

Castellano was the one the search committee wanted all along. No other applicants were ever considered.

He did a good job at Middle Creek following a very good job by Sean Crocker (UNC footballer now at Panther Creek). Coached at Catawba and followed David (Cats and Dogs) Bennett to Coastal Carolina where he was at for about six or seven years. Has coached as an assistant at Millbrook and in the mountains at a small school.

The pinecrest game he lost was due to 8 lost fumbles~

Coach Castellano is already in trouble seem that he is only winning an average of 11 games a season and he lost in the second round twice. The last loss was due to 8 fumbles. Let's see the Raiders lost in the second round last year because of 13 fumbles. According to some on this board he needs to win 15 games every year. lol
It appears that the committee did a good job and we will have another very good Coach. I just hope the fans both on this board and at the Raider games will give him a chance before getting down on him. Less greet him with the class that the Richmond program was built on. Let's back him while he tries to continue the traditions of our program.

Reactions: araiderfan
Lost to Pinecrest last year 38 - 9 first round of playoffs........He might be shocked to know he will see that kind of team every Friday night.......Well the DECISION has been made .....I guess we will have to wait and see........He should be in town soon to hopefully meet with the coaches and players........The question is how many coaches will he bring with him and what coaches stay or leave......I hope all of these throw it around people will be happy.......Just not my brand of control football.......Hopefully all coaches will remain on staff.........I guess we'll know all the answers soon........nuff said..

Lost to Pinecrest last year 38 - 9 first round of playoffs........He might be shocked to know he will see that kind of team every Friday night.......Well the DECISION has been made .....I guess we will have to wait and see........He should be in town soon to hopefully meet with the coaches and players........The question is how many coaches will he bring with him and what coaches stay or leave......I hope all of these throw it around people will be happy.......Just not my brand of control football.......Hopefully all coaches will remain on staff.........I guess we'll know all the answers soon........nuff said..

Gotta feeling things will go South in a hurry.

LOL. Coach doesn't have a chance with some people on here. Wish him and the Raiders the best and will be behind coach and players no matter what.

Reactions: hondapassport
I think Castellano will be a good hire for Richmond! Not gonna worry about who they didn't hire. Glad we got him.

Just confirmed today and already the naysayers and boo birds are out. Not even going to give the man a chance huh?

Kingdiamond, remind me again what team do you pull for?
I agree 1Twister I hope they remember DB lost I believe it was 3 out 4 of his games the first year he was here. The next time we need to hire a new coach (and I hope that will be many years down the road) I think we should let the naysayers on this board be the committee.

I feel that somebody is trying to point out a particular position coach. We lose 2 games in a whole season and now we throw somebody under the bus. Maybe the talent was down overall. We were not stacked with studs this pass year and we still made it to the playoffs. The only way to satisfy some Raider fans is to win a championship every year. That is not even logical. We had a good year not a championship year. I bet our boys learned a lot about their supporters this year and so did Coach Hoggard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT