ADVERTISEMENT

New head football coach at Richmond

Hold on. I heard from a very credible source from Marlboro that an offer had been made and it was now awaiting board approval. This was maybe 3 hours ago.

Why are there so many repeated "MAYBE'S, IF, LOOKS LIKE'S, GET READY'S, HOPE SO'S, I THINK, SOON'S, TOMORROWS, I JUST GOT WORD THAT, I HEARD, I'M STARTING TO THINK, TODAY'S. IN A FEW HOURS" being used and still 12 pages later this thread is boring.

Richmond is over rated and undermanned

Last edited:
A Marlboro county school board member is telling me Boyd has in fact turned RIchmond country down but RIchmond is offering the works still.

I've been silent this entire time, but I think they should offer the job to Coach Williams and be done with it. After all, the offense was never the problem....and they put up lightning points.

Maybe RCO is too stubborn, stupid, or proud to let a Fighting Scot take the job.

IF Daryl Barnes is interested in this job then heck yes I would hire him! The man knows football obviously and knows what comes along with being the head man at Richmond. After all he's the reason(and great athletes) the program has been so successful. As far as I know he's enjoying the retired life.

Last edited:
4 Different Coaches have now said no thanks! What and the Hell is going on in Richmond?

S2V if you are bored with this thread then the answer is simple. Don't read it! Oh I forgot... Football in your area is irrelevant anyway!
LOL...it's true what I said but just pulling your chain...

In a short summary of what I read, I come up with this question:

So why are coaches dropping like flies?
A. The Principle
B. The Area
C. Quality of Players
D. Money
E. A and D
F. All of the above

I don't blame you b/c AL & Jesse are very offensive people.

Talent level at Richmond isn't what Barnes would be use to man, so he'd leave them high and dry for a 3rd time after only about a year.

Furthermore, if some of you people didn't get on message boards and complain and be negative all the time maybe you'd have a Coach.

Maybe if some of Richmonds finest didn't give the previous coach grief and publicly attack his family maybe you'd have a Coach.

Maybe if some of you didn't call Coach Hoggard a racist even though his oldest adopted son was black you'd have a Coach.

Maybe some of you need to realize this is High School and just support your local team & Coach no matter who it is and then maybe....just maybe you'd keep a Coach.

Word today is committee may rethink what Boyd is asking for...could ..I repeat could..contact him this weekend or monday

Furthermore, if some of you people didn't get on message boards and complain and be negative all the time maybe you'd have a Coach.

Maybe if some of Richmonds finest didn't give the previous coach grief and publicly attack his family maybe you'd have a Coach.

Maybe if some of you didn't call Coach Hoggard a racist even though his oldest adopted son was black you'd have a Coach.

Maybe some of you need to realize this is High School and just support your local team & Coach no matter who it is and then maybe....just maybe you'd keep a Coach.

BEST post EVER related to this subject!!!!!

Reactions: araiderfan
BEST post EVER related to this subject!!!!!
I agree with your post RaiderDaddy. I also notice that most of the complainers no longer live in Richmond County. Before those of you that live in RC get excited I did say most. If you follow the board the way I do you realize it is the same complainers every year. Some times they add a new one,lose one, or change the name they use. The kids read these boards and are influenced by them. When posters continue year after year telling the kids that their coach does not know how to coach, doesn't have a wining Passing game, always loses in the first or second round, ect the kids finally buy into it. As for Coach Williams being from Scotland County the Scotts would probably be scared because they would remember what the kid from Richmond (Tommy Britt) that served as their baseball coach and AD did. By the way it is hard to work on a passing game when the running game scores probably on average in no more than 7 or 8 plays. The last several years there were very few long drives. Whats a coach to do just throw the ball and give up scores because he can't coach a passing game.LOL.

I have never heard anyone say coach Hogg was a racist if so that is pure ignorance! I'm probably 100℅ sure nobody has even confronted him or his family; u must have not been up on him really close! U better have some BRASS BALLS to approach any man or his family!

Dcov33, I don't think you live in Richmond County anymore from your post. These things indeed happened. Petitions to have him fired went around and even flyers were placed on cars in the school parking lot about these subjects. It's not called having brass balls, it's called being ignorant. Hogg was just a class act and refused to get involved in conflict.

Reactions: araiderfan
The point is.....try supporting the NEW head coach instead of always trying to tear him down like yall did Coach Hoggard and maybe you will keep your NEW head coach. Remember that!

Reactions: drawplay000
If you visit the messages boards, you know who I'm referencing.

The past can always affect the present. Don't make the same mistakes because history does repeat itself.

OK, heck with it...I'LL COACH Richmond Senior this season. Problem solved.

All you good Raider fans don't say that I never did anything nice for you guys.

Word today is committee may rethink what Boyd is asking for...could ..I repeat could..contact him this weekend or monday

Direct question to you. Has Dean Boyd been officially offered the position by Richmond County? Yes or No.

Well let me change that...he asked for certain things.. They offered certain things..if he agreed ..job was his...they didn't agree to all he wanted ... So officially I'd say no..seeing as there was no agreement on terms

Officially and unofficially ...there is a narrow line sometimes...if he had agreed ..it would be official. Lol..let's just say if he wanted it...it was his

he wanted 3 year and the board wanted 2 year contract and he said no on the 2 year contract and now they are willing to reconsidering his request

The whole situation has been a fiasco from the beginning with the whole 8 person committee search. Everyone that has been involved in high school football has said that it should have been as in the past and put in the hands of the AD and principal with their recommendation going before the superintendent and board. I have just been sitting back and waiting and it is obvious to myself and a lot of people in the know that there is a power situation with the superintendent. I agree that you have to look at the education side of it also and that is even more important but it has turn this situation into a circus and we (Richmond) are being made into the laughing stock at this time. It really has become ridiculous.

Raider2014. Who is the coach that did not apply initially but has been approached and seems to be the frontrunner?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT