ADVERTISEMENT

New Head Football Coach at Albemarle.....

Buddy Rich

May 24, 2005
Understand Richard Davis defensive cord. at Anson High is the new HC at Albemarle......

Are they in a better situation than before relieving the AD and HFC?

No stability here...New coach every year...Feel so sorry for the kids that want to play...SOMEBODY wants to keep us beat down.......

Sad thing is Buddy that there were a few coaches interested that would have got it done and quick. I hate it for you guys and the kids. 1A is much better withs strong Albemarle.

I'd prefer not to. I know of a couple. They probably would not want to be in the middle of this. It's a mute point now any way.

Heard Jackson was offered the job first but turned it down. Just wondering if he was ever actually interested in taking the Albemarle job or was just using it to maybe get a little more money out of Anson. Any word on the AD job?

Heard he did the same thing at West. Acted interested but backed out.

I know for a fact that Jackson was offered one thing in the interview and then something less when he was offered the job...Same old bullshit in SC...

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
I am still upset over the firing of mason and kimery....There is something that smells to high heaven over this...Doubt we ever find out the TRUTH.......

Reactions: Dogs9
Heard Jackson was offered the job first but turned it down. Just wondering if he was ever actually interested in taking the Albemarle job or was just using it to maybe get a little more money out of Anson. Any word on the AD job?

Why would Anson give him more money? What's he won, five games at Anson which is loaded with talent, and two of those over South Stanly? My gosh you guys dodged it there, but then they hire his DC. Unbelievable.

Why would Anson give him more money? What's he won, five games at Anson which is loaded with talent, and two of those over South Stanly? My gosh you guys dodged it there, but then they hire his DC. Unbelievable.

It is all perception. I do think the conference Anson was in and their upcoming non conference are tough! They win the games I expected last year and played close in some others. Richmond and Monroe were non conference games.

Good luck to Coach Davis. At least he's not a former NS coach. Also he is from Anson, which is demographically similar to AHS. I am excited about the new direction. I hope our kids buy in. Go Dogs!

I know one of the assistant coaches at Anson. Gon find out what where dealing with. Best of wishes to Coach Davis.

Reactions: susancoleman
Is Richard Davis related to Fred Davis, who was a very successful head coach at Anson from the mid-90's until early 2000's?

Is Richard Davis related to Fred Davis, who was a very successful head coach at Anson from the mid-90's until early 2000's?

Great question. Was wondering the same thing. I believe Fred Davis was a principal or assistant principal at Anson for a while after coaching but he's not listed on the school's website now. Maybe he retired.

Best of luck to Coach Davis.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Anson hasn't been "loaded" with talent in several years....

So Anson hasn't enough talent to win but five games in two seasons, with two of those coming over a small 1A in South Stanly that is cycled down?

Look at their results the last two seasons. Schedule was tough. Not surprised in the results.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT