ADVERTISEMENT

New Classifications 2021-2025

you are correct that Millennium buses go as far as forsyth county and Holder is an assistant now at Mount Airy he came back. East Surry and West Stokes always do a good job at helping their kids get to the next level. Mount Airy and other schools not so much kinda have to do it yourself.

If Millennium gets football at some point who do y’all think it hurts the most ? Also Do you think Millennium can maintain a Football team n or even become a “PowerHouse” type Charter within that area

We have seen what Other Charter schools can do like ex: Mt Island Charter is very successful n are very good 1A charter school

Mountain Island is in a totally different area than Mount Airy. Mountain Island pulls a lot of kids from Charlotte. Kids that grow up dreaming of playing for Mount Airy or East Surry won't go play at Millennium. Charter schools in small towns will have a nearly impossible time getting strong football programs off the ground especially in areas with alot of history and local pride.

Last edited:
Mountain Island is in a totally different area than Mount Airy. Mountain Island pulls a lot of kids from Charlotte. Kids that grow up dreaming of playing for Mount Airy or East Surry won't go play at Millennium. Charter schools in small towns will have a nearly impossible time getting strong football programs off the ground especially in areas with alot of history and local pride.
True but Could maybe hurt Basketball. Most Charter schools who dont have football are mainly Basketball focused schools.

True but Could maybe hurt Basketball. Most Charter schools who dont have football are mainly Basketball focused schools.

It's also a numbers game--takes a whole lot fewer good basketball players choosing a charter school to make for a good team than it does football players.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbdfan
Basketball possibly, but Mount Airy and East Surry both have a great basketball history. Especially Mount Airy. You'll possibly see a kid or 2 that is frustrated with playing time leave. Millennium could make noise with basketball though pulling from Forsyth County.

Basketball possibly, but Mount Airy and East Surry both have a great basketball history. Especially Mount Airy. You'll possibly see a kid or 2 that is frustrated with playing time leave. Millennium could make noise with basketball though pulling from Forsyth County.
I could not see anyone making an impact from Forsyth going all the way to Mt. Airy to play basketball. Too many places closer. I could be wrong, I have been many times before.

If Millennium gets football at some point who do y’all think it hurts the most ? Also Do you think Millennium can maintain a Football team n or even become a “PowerHouse” type Charter within that area

We have seen what Other Charter schools can do like ex: Mt Island Charter is very successful n are very good 1A charter school
Don't forget Millennium Charter is only about 5 miles to the state line of Carroll Co.,VA, and maybe 5 or 6 miles to Patrick Co, VA. It is a lot closer for a lot of students to drive to Millennium Charter than Carroll or Patrick Co. schools, plus the jobs for their parents are also closer to Mount Airy.

Don't forget Millennium Charter is only about 5 miles to the state line of Carroll Co.,VA, and maybe 5 or 6 miles to Patrick Co, VA. It is a lot closer for a lot of students to drive to Millennium Charter than Carroll or Patrick Co. schools, plus the jobs for their parents are also closer to Mount Airy.

It is closer to go to Mount Airy than Stuart for kids from Ararat/Claudville area of Patrick Co., but I don't think anybody is going to build a powerhouse with kids from Patrick Co.

It is closer to go to Mount Airy than Stuart for kids from Ararat/Claudville area of Patrick Co., but I don't think anybody is going to build a powerhouse with kids from Patrick Co.
Not in football but it only takes 1 or 2 great basketball players from Cana, Lambsburg, Ararat, Claudville, or Willis Gap, VA to make a basketball team and all are closer to Mount Airy/Millennium Charter and no jobs to amount to anything in these areas except seasonal mostly. So Mount Airy is where they can start their kids at a younger age at Millennium Charter as they are K-12.
Also with a certain coach, you may get a big surprise in football and I personally think it could happen. JMO !

Last edited:
Reactions: ObserveAndReport
The top athletes at East Surry and Mount Airy aren’t going to leave to go to Millennium, right now, both of them are picking up transfers left and right from kids who want out of MCA.

The top athletes at East Surry and Mount Airy aren’t going to leave to go to Millennium, right now, both of them are picking up transfers left and right from kids who want out of MCA.
ncball, can’t be any athletes, no one goes to Millennium for sports. And I don’t mean that as a slap to millennium..

Do you think at this time it is their mission to build strong sports or just offer sports?

ncball, can’t be any athletes, no one goes to Millennium for sports. And I don’t mean that as a slap to millennium..

Do you think at this time it is their mission to build strong sports or just offer sports?
Once they get in the NWC they probably are hoping to build on a good competing basketball team. That will probably take several years if it happens and football probably will be 5 to 8 years down the road and then they will hope to build on that if they can get the right coach. JMO....

Reactions: Sportsnut17
Once they get in the NWC they probably are hoping to build on a good competing basketball team. That will probably take several years if it happens and football probably will be 5 to 8 years down the road and then they will hope to build on that if they can get the right coach. JMO....
I will say in basketball that 1 player can make them competitive and 2 can make them good. That doesn’t happen in football, along the the massive expenses.

141 last year.
I have not seen or heard but they just started, I think 10,11, and 12th grades less than 7 years ago. I believe they had only built up to the 9th grade. But I am pretty sure 10, 11, & 12 have been less than 7 years. On January 11, 2013, the NC Office of Charter Schools informed MCA that the SBE had indeed approved the expansion request and that High School classes could begin in Fall 2014.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT