ADVERTISEMENT

New Classifications 2021-2025

If eastern Randolph was 1a this season they’d be the favorite out the west
Maybe, they lost to a good but not great West Stokes team last year but Eastern Randolph were young, so they might have been the favorite in the west. They would have their hands full with Robbinsville and Murphy this season I think, both brought back a lot from last year too, especially Murphy.

Last edited:
Millenial Charter doesn't play football as of yet here in Mt Airy but I wouldn't be surprised it don't happen shortly heard they purchased land for a soccer and football field Mtn Heritage will be tough as with Mitchel and Murphy and Robbinsville and don't never overlook Thomasville even though they've been down last decade they still play tough physical football

I think Millennium Charter will struggle to ever get the numbers to play football.

They need to focus on getting away from Co-Ed soccer first. I'd hope they are doing that in they are joining the NCHSAA.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
I think Millennium Charter will struggle to ever get the numbers to play football.

They need to focus on getting away from Co-Ed soccer first. I'd hope they are doing that in they are joining the NCHSAA.
I hope you are right Thunder Struck if they ever did you could probably kiss our good athlete's in Surry Co good bye I do hear that school is growing by the year . My boss came through Mt Airy played football but sends his kids to Millinial

They'll have a hard time pulling good football players from the Surry schools. At least Mt. Airy and East Surry unless they could make a solid coaching hire which would have to be someone like a Holder.

They are in a totally different demographic from other charter schools that have good football programs such as COD, TJCA, and MIC.

I've heard though some not so good things from people that have sent kids there about the school as far as academics and culture go.

In some aspects they do help us out at Mt Airy enrollment wise with no football program over there most of the kids that go there won't play football anyway

Reactions: BK13T-$
Maybe, they lost to a good but not great West Stokes team last year but Eastern Randolph were young, so they might have been the favorite in the west. They would have their hands full with Robbinsville and Murphy this season I think, both brought back a lot from last year too, especially Murphy.

I’m projecting er to have been a lot better this year. With those 3 d1 players

Reactions: thekidd12
Er use to be really great. Last time I watched them they got steamed rolled by heritage. Not same athletes and at the time I’d say not as well coached

Their busses run all the way to King and I wouldn't be surprised if not Yadkinville and maybe other directions. I heard this maybe 3 years ago.

They're going to have to offer something to get those football players from Mayberry, Pilot, King, and Rural Hall.

They will have more luck pulling some Forsyth kids over the others I bet.

They're going to have to offer something to get those football players from Mayberry, Pilot, King, and Rural Hall.

They will have more luck pulling some Forsyth kids over the others I bet.
Thunder just asking, why would any players from Forsyth County choose to go to Millennium to play football, when they basically can go to any HS in Forsyth as long as they provide their transportation?

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Because the education is perceived to be better in a private or charter school

Thunder just asking, why would any players from Forsyth County choose to go to Millennium to play football, when they basically can go to any HS in Forsyth as long as they provide their transportation?

Possibly parents that don't want their kids in the WSFCS looking for alternatives. Parents that want a smaller school setting. Maybe kids that might not be good enough to start at one of the bigger high schools.

Unfortunately politicians are pushing school choice like there is no tomorrow, and people are buying into it.

I actually know a family on Clemmons that sends their kid to Millennium.

Possibly parents that don't want their kids in the WSFCS looking for alternatives. Parents that want a smaller school setting. Maybe kids that might not be good enough to start at one of the bigger high schools.

Unfortunately politicians are pushing school choice like there is no tomorrow, and people are buying into it.

I actually know a family on Clemmons that sends their kid to Millennium.
There is better than a 50/50 chance that I might pull for Millennium football if say a great Coach like Holder became their first football coach.

They're going to need a bunch of money to start it up. I'm curious about their financials.
I would be willing to bet there is a bundle of money backing them as fast as they have grown. Plus doesn't Charter Schools get state money ? Also, my son has one kid there and another in a year or so or when this China Virus is gone, or should I say a vaccine that stops it.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Er use to be really great. Last time I watched them they got steamed rolled by heritage. Not same athletes and at the time I’d say not as well coached
2009???

Dude, that was 11 years and three coaches ago...

Yeah but not sure about state education funds being used for sports.
Well, this is probably 5 to 10 years before I can see them with football. God willing I hope I am still around. This ole man will be 70 in 12 days. Most say I still look in my late 50s, LOL sure doesn't feel it most days, especially living alone and worrying about getting this dang China Virus when I go out even though I wear my mask and try to stay as far away from others that I can. Walking through the grocery store the other day and as I rounded the corner to another aisle someone with no mask coughed 2 feet from me.

• Wow
Reactions: Ooooner
2009???

Dude, that was 11 years and three coaches ago...

I’m not saying y’all aren’t good. Just saying you had a stretch in the early 2000s where you’d have been the 1a favorite a lot of years. Not sure y’all are on that level still. Sounds like you’ll be really good this coming year if we actually get to play

Reactions: thekidd12
I’m not saying y’all aren’t good. Just saying you had a stretch in the early 2000s where you’d have been the 1a favorite a lot of years. Not sure y’all are on that level still. Sounds like you’ll be really good this coming year if we actually get to play
That was right after Providence Grove opened and numbers were stretched at both high schools. Since about 2014, not counting one anomaly year, ER has been a pretty decent football team. Ask orange/blue team that has been everybody's darling the last few years from PAC6. And now they have a new/old coach (the one from those years you mentioned) and attitudes are a little bit different. Not saying they will walk by anyone. Just saying they ain't too bad a country team...

Last edited:
Yeah they have Students from Mount Airy, Pilot Mountain, King, and Rural Hall probably more locations but that is what I know.
I give it 8 years from now we will be talking about millinial beating Mt Airy in football I see whats going on around town and alot of potential athletes looking for a good ride outside Surry Co box I hope I'm wrong but they can recruit unlike regular schools alot of kids might want to try something new if that school opened a football program our tail would be toast and yes probably Forsyth co players to and also Guilford

I give it 8 years from now we will be talking about millinial beating Mt Airy in football I see whats going on around town and alot of potential athletes looking for a good ride outside Surry Co box I hope I'm wrong but they can recruit unlike regular schools alot of kids might want to try something new if that school opened a football program our tail would be toast and yes probably Forsyth co players to and also Guilford
Once again, why would people drive from Forsyth, must less Guilford to go to Millennium? Is the education that much better?

Interesting fact. I see Millennium buses as far as Forsyth County every morning on way to work. I do for see this as a problem for the surry county schools of the future. Interesting fact number two, Coach Holder is listed on Maxpreps as an assistant coach on the Bears staff this year. The bigger problem and i don't see it as a problem, but a positive. The new coach at East Surry is working overtime to get his kids next level opportunities. Putting them in a position to play at the next level. Any parent that has a kid that plays football wants this for their kid. So i see a lot of kids transfering to take a advantage of this , even the parents and kids who think they are better than they actually are. Northwest 1a has been fire last 5 years as far as next level talent goes. If you look at the kids that have went d1 out of this conference in the last 5 years its nothing short of astonishing. Just what is in conference this year is crazy. Gosnell ( Ohio State ) Patterson ( Clemson ) Washington (Tennessee) Gallimore a Freshman at MA and ranked in the 20's at Athlete in the Nation by College Football today. Gonna be interesting to see how it all pans out to say the least

Reactions: Bearfan71
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT