ADVERTISEMENT

New Chatham Central head football coach

RD28327

Aug 12, 2003
Carthage, NC 28327
Chatham Central has hired Sherman Howze, who comes to the Bears after coaching at the high school and college levels in North Carolina and Florida, as its new head football coach.

Howze, a native of High Point, was the defensive coordinator/special teams coordinator and linebackers coach at Olympic High School in Charlotte for the last two years, playing a part in the Trojans reaching the 4A state playoffs both years.

Prior to Olympic, Howze coached at Northeast Guilford as the defensive coordinator, an assistant coach at Livingstone College, an assistant coach at Catawba College and Florida Air Academy as defensive coordinator.

“I would like to thank the Chatham Central family for giving me this opportunity to serve and make a difference in the lives of others. I hope that my expertise and experience will be paramount to the success of the Chatham Central Bears,” said Howze.”

Bob Pegram, the Bears’ previous head coach, is remaining at the school as a teacher and the athletic director.

The Bears went 0-11 last season and don’t have a win other than by forfeit since the last game of the 2013 regular season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT