ADVERTISEMENT

New Championship Picks?

No disrespect to Scotland, but you really see them beating Cardinal Gibbons? Scotland is a really good team. But CG has really impressed me this year. Their only loses are to two undefeated teams and the Richmond game wasn’t all that lopsided.

I was at that game... It was lopsided lol

Reactions: Ben-Badd
believe me... it wasn't the Scotland Squad we're use to...they really didn't come together until play off time... we barely got into the playoffs.... that squad was 5 and 5...had like 9 Sr's of which most were injured or nowhere near 100% ...very young team...that's why I say "JV"..last year CG was playing against mostly 10th and 11th graders..with a few 9th graders sprinkled in...please don't take this post as me boasting... just putting it out there.
I was at the game expecting to see SC out physical CG. Did not happen a few things stood out that I still remember. SC scored on a long pass busted coverage late second quarter and were held in check by CG. CG had two long drives end in FG and a TD called back on 3 seperate drives in second half. They held SC to zero yards and a muffed punt on last drive that resulted in CG missing a short FG with seconds left to lose 7-6. Why do I remember this so well? I was impressed by the fact that SC was mostly Juniors and sophmores on the field and CG was exactly the same. I keep seeing this narrative so I went to roster and most of the star CG players are Juniors this year or first year starter seniors. That means last year CG was mostly Sophomores starting and the skill positions on O (except QB he was a senior) and on Defense they had a senior on Line and 3 in the secondary. If they met this year it will be exciting to think we could essentially watch two teams become true rival with players playing each other 3 years in playoffs.

Reactions: crusaders13
believe me... it wasn't the Scotland Squad we're use to...they really didn't come together until play off time... we barely got into the playoffs.... that squad was 5 and 5...had like 9 Sr's of which most were injured or nowhere near 100% ...very young team...that's why I say "JV"..last year CG was playing against mostly 10th and 11th graders..with a few 9th graders sprinkled in...please don't take this post as me boasting... just putting it out there.

Yeah I do remember now they were not consistently playing well during the regular season but they made quite the push through the playoffs. I hope y'all get by SV and we get by New Bern so we can run it again.

If there ever were a snake in the grass, it has to be WAKE. Look at how hard their playoff run has been this year. That's lopsided... anyway, their starters ought to be rested. A poor job lining that one up... GO HOGGARD!!!

They held SC to zero yards and a muffed punt on last drive that resulted in CG missing a short FG with seconds left to lose 7-6. Why do I remember this so well? I was impressed by the fact that SC was mostly Juniors and sophmores on the field and CG was exactly the same. I keep seeing this narrative so I went to roster and most of the star CG players are If they met this year it will be exciting to think we could essentially watch two teams become true rival with players playing each other 3 years in playoffs.
that's some serious over analyzing there. I just remember that Scot was a 500 regular season team that eeked into the playoffs. Went to Gibbons as a 22 pt computer underdog and punched them in the mouth the entire game. Scots found a way to get 1 score then held on stopping Gibbons with multiple opportunities in the 2nd half to take the lead. Scot got the job done last year and Gibbons obviously "felt the moment". I do think Gibbons will be much more settled this year but Scot is light yrs better than last year. It should be a good one. its the east final. Scots 4th in a row. 7 of 9.

Last edited:
that's some serious over analyzing there. I just remember that Scot was a 500 regular season team that eeked into the playoffs. Went to Gibbons as a 22 pt computer underdog and punched them in the mouth the entire game. Scots found a way to get 1 score then held on stopping Gibbons with multiple opportunities in the 2nd half to take the lead. Scot got the job done last year and Gibbons obviously "felt the moment". I do think Gibbons will be much more settled this year but Scot is light yrs better than last year. It should be a good one. its the east final. Scots 4th in a row. 7 of 9.
I don’t believe in excuses. I understand your view. I will saw this. I had an opportunity to talk to a CG parent after that game. There was a bigger back story. Win or loose vs Scotland (esp a win) will bring closure to a lot of folks. This will be a different game. Perhaps we’ll see a story about it if Gibbons makes it to the finals or beyond.

I don’t believe in excuses. I understand your view. I will saw this. I had an opportunity to talk to a CG parent after that game. There was a bigger back story. Win or loose vs Scotland (esp a win) will bring closure to a lot of folks. This will be a different game. Perhaps we’ll see a story about it if Gibbons makes it to the finals or beyond.
There will be closure for somebody that is for sure.

Booner- I'm interested in that back story, care to share?

Booner- I'm interested in that back story, care to share?

The offensive coordinators was not with the team that week. He had an urgent family issue so the offense played conservative. You could see the difference on scores this year versus last even with a first year starting QB and RB. Factor overlooked. His absence had an impact last year and presence this year was felt. Interesting CG never discussed it as an excuse. Scots never saw CG full bore till last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT