ADVERTISEMENT

New Belmont Middle

Good to see someone on the eastern side of the county get screwed, besides Mt Holly.....

So the high school for Mt.Holly will be across the street for the middle school for Belmont...and both will be in Cramerton. Can somebody tell these guys to build a HS in Mount Holly...send Belmont Middle to SP...and SP to SC?

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
New middle school will be in Cramerton (not Belmont) .... County Commision just voted and overruled the school board. What a mess.

New middle school will be in Cramerton (not Belmont) .... County Commision just voted and overruled the school board. What a mess.

No way Lakewood Rd. can hold the traffic from this decision. I don't think the track of land adjacent to SP is the answer but makes far more sense than this.

No way Lakewood Rd. can hold the traffic from this decision. I don't think the track of land adjacent to SP is the answer but makes far more sense than this.
I agree...I come through there every morning....traffic on 74 east is bad (when school is in).

I don't think this will be the end of this. The city of Cramerton will have to rezone that land and they've made it know that's not gonna happen. Not over by a long shot...

What is the reason the commissioner gave to override the school system.

This is the next step in the master plan to close South Point High. Once the middle school is completed SP will be closed and turned into a maintenance hub for eastern part of county schools. Just a matter of time. ⏱⌛️

Reactions: Crestuff
This is the next step in the master plan to close South Point High. Once the middle school is completed SP will be closed and turned into a maintenance hub for eastern part of county schools. Just a matter of time. ⏱⌛️

It doesn't matter.... even if your pipe dream comes true you can then get your yearly tail thrashing from Stuart Cramer. Same kids; different school; same results.

Technically no. Crest struggles against the red bone but from what I understand, SC doesn't run that offense...might be the same kids, but unless the SP coaches come with the kids...you might as well be Burns.

Break it down for me because I'm currently confused...My true opinion, SP will have little affect by this middle school. Side note, I don't believe the school will be built. The City of Cramerton will delay just long enough that the bond money runs out and nothing will be done. The problem will be when the county has to draw new lines because of the 100's of homes being built down South Point Rd. and near Stowe.

Break it down for me because I'm currently confused...My true opinion, SP will have little affect by this middle school. Side note, I don't believe the school will be built. The City of Cramerton will delay just long enough that the bond money runs out and nothing will be done. The problem will be when the county has to draw new lines because of the 100's of homes being built down South Point Rd. and near Stowe.

Don't backtrack..... Nothing will change. Belmont will continue to go to SP...... Cramerton/McAdenville will continue to go to SC. Nothing changes. We aren't winning with 5* athletes anyway; so the argument doesn't make sense.

Oh I'm not backtracking...that status of your middle school has absolutely nothing to do with your HS.

I think gone are the days where SP is the hands down conference favorite year in and year out i.e Shelby. I think you can claim you own Gaston County, but it means absolutely nothing...the rest of us are no longer worried about you. You are nothing more then a non conference game that if they lose can be dropped, that's if you have all Gaston County schools on your non conference schedule. The dominance over Gaston County is over.

Here's my thoughts on your we don't have 5 Star atheletes...maybe not, but you have plenty of D1 talent. Falls-ECU Glenn-Elon Muse-Arguable the best athelete to ever come out of Gaston County-Clemson Ginn-Duke Muse II-William and Mary etc. You can even go all the way back to the 90's and say Butler-Clemson and to the 80's- Mark Young one of the best RB's in the state who went to Wake Forest...

I think gone are the days where SP is the hands down conference favorite year in and year out i.e Shelby. I think you can claim you own Gaston County, but it means absolutely nothing...the rest of us are no longer worried about you. You are nothing more then a non conference game that if they lose can be dropped, that's if you have all Gaston County schools on your non conference schedule. The dominance over Gaston County is over.

Here's my thoughts on your we don't have 5 Star atheletes...maybe not, but you have plenty of D1 talent. Falls-ECU Glenn-Elon Muse-Arguable the best athelete to ever come out of Gaston County-Clemson Ginn-Duke Muse II-William and Mary etc. You can even go all the way back to the 90's and say Butler-Clemson and to the 80's- Mark Young one of the best RB's in the state who went to Wake Forest...

You named (7) guys dating back to 1993. I never claimed we do not have talent. But far and away our talent is system driven given very few exceptions.

And I hope you are correct in saying that our time has ended of knowing we are crowned conf. champs prior to playing a game. As a fan base we have become complacent. I remember going to games as a kid and they were exciting, grueling, and kept you on the edge of your seat. I'll venture to say this atmosphere stayed around after success was found. But nowadays games are nonchalant and emotion has to be sucked out of the fans. Maybe this is everywhere. I do appreciate the what we have but I guess we always want more.

Reactions: seadog28
I can agree with that...I grew up going to SP games when Tate was there. Over the last few years, the crowd by size and temperment has been lacking. Is this new Belmont?

I'll chime in with rockstrong and SPRR, the watering down of meaningful games has hurt. Hopefully, bending Shelby over for the next 4 years will help enthusiasm.

Reactions: rockstrong
Question and this could be a thread of its own, you guys are pretty knowledgeable about the Raiders, we all like to talk about what our teams do well but what do you view as South Point's weakness next year? Is it players? Positions? Is it losing some legendary coaches? I respect the mess out of Hodge, but losing Mickey will be tough.

Yes it will. It is huge! But, the train rolls on. Gotta find some speed and replace some studs, but the well is full and we are who you know we are!

Question and this could be a thread of its own, you guys are pretty knowledgeable about the Raiders, we all like to talk about what our teams do well but what do you view as South Point's weakness next year? Is it players? Positions? Is it losing some legendary coaches? I respect the mess out of Hodge, but losing Mickey will be tough.

I think it's a little of all mentioned. Biggest key for me is replacing Mickey's ability to get the most out of our OL. It's magical. That will be the biggest challenge; not only this year but going forward if we continue to run the flex.

Dreaming is standard procedure for the losers bracket.
The real truth is Trump building a wall between Mexico and the U.S. using mobile homes extracted from Cleveland County. Heard a couple Crest guys who thought that is now Wall Street. They thought the rising S&P referred to South Point. Kinda understand that one a little bit.

Also heard that they are shutting down Crest and consolidating at Burns. That would save all of those Burns kids who guided the Chargers to a couple of championships to not have to drive across the county to play at Crest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT