ADVERTISEMENT

Never thought it fair that a public school loser should complain about a private school.

seadog28

Oct 4, 2004
Those damned public schools have all the advantages. Raking in the tax money and trolling talent from miles around. Shifting those district lines as needed while Parents are negotiating and extending their families across the State. A cousin in every county and a hardship after the publication of every depth chart. As a parochial faith based community, how do you compete with the loose adherence to NCHSAA rules should you want your students to compete in athletics?

Last edited:
BTW, congrats Cougars and staff! Apparently, a lot of the state does not want to be the man. They would rather whine!

Those damned public schools have all the advantages. Raking in the tax money and trolling talent from miles around. Shifting those district lines like a democrat with epilepsy.

I humbly ask that you don’t use Epilepsy as part of a joke. It affects me daily and kills millions each year. Thank you.

Reactions: seadog28
tenor.gif

Reactions: CatholicCougs14
Your point is absurd. They are a private school, and have no business playing in a public league. I agree that most folks whine about it. It is what it is at this point. KM got the catholic shaft with those refs, plus it did not help that whomever is in charge of the play calling didn't have the nuts to go for 2 during one of those 47 overtimes. I hate crest, and their red-neck fans, but a few years ago they put the blueprint out on what to do. Weddington used the same blueprint this year. It's really not that hard, just beat them up and outrun them. They are always susceptible to speed. Still, they belong with the rest of the private schools in a private league. Hail Mary - Not!

Your point is absurd. They are a private school, and have no business playing in a public league. I agree that most folks whine about it. It is what it is at this point. KM got the catholic shaft with those refs, plus it did not help that whomever is in charge of the play calling didn't have the nuts to go for 2 during one of those 47 overtimes. I hate crest, and their red-neck fans, but a few years ago they put the blueprint out on what to do. Weddington used the same blueprint this year. It's really not that hard, just beat them up and outrun them. They are always susceptible to speed. Still, they belong with the rest of the private schools in a private league. Hail Mary - Not!

just curious. were you one of the announcers in the broadcast booth for the game.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog and Ladge
"Beat them up and out run them" yeah isn't that everyone's game plan against everyone? Seriously not much intellect in this post.
I think if CC was as susceptible to speed as your post indicates then Havelock and Jacksonville shouldve beaten them. Along with Monroe who has some really solid speed and athleticism most years. The lack of football acumen is truly amazing on some of these posts I must say.

Reactions: btango
NCHSAA is a private organization.
Here is the issue with his post btango. He'll get facts thrown back at him that dispel his argument or greatly weaken it and then he won't reply until next season when the same topic is brought up.
Or he'll reply and just reiterate the same talking points that have made people roll their eyes on this board for 15 years. It's a joke argument put forth by people who can be characterized as such.

Here is the issue with his post btango. He'll get facts thrown back at him that dispel his argument or greatly weaken it and then he won't reply until next season when the same topic is brought up.
Or he'll reply and just reiterate the same talking points that have made people roll their eyes on this board for 15 years. It's a joke argument put forth by people who can be characterized as such.

maybe he is mountie’s cousin

get tired of saying this, NCHSAA is NOT, nor has it ever been a public school league. As long as you meet their requirements and adhere to their rules you are a member in good standing. We have been a member in good standing for a very long time. If Crest and Weddington "figured out how to beat Catholic" why don't the rest of you just do the same damn thing??

Reactions: CatholicCougs14
Any school in the state that is in a decent size county has kids that don't live in the district playing for them. Or should I say any school with a good football team. These kids in Onslow County switch from Jville, Northside, and southwest Onslow, depending on which team is hot at the time. New Hanover County is notorious with this in baseball. I find ot hard to believe that Catholic has any more advantage then these public schools. In fact, I feel with a tuition, they are at a greater disadvantage. I've seen them play in 2 state Championships in a row now. What an impressive program they have.

Dude went for the double play. Its unfair for Catholic to play with us AND...the refs favored Catholic!!

Well played!! Clearly a proffesional whiner. !!

get tired of saying this, NCHSAA is NOT, nor has it ever been a public school league. As long as you meet their requirements and adhere to their rules you are a member in good standing. We have been a member in good standing for a very long time. If Crest and Weddington "figured out how to beat Catholic" why don't the rest of you just do the same damn thing??
Because they are scared when they get off the bus. I think Stimey is stupid, but one point was spot on. Catholic wanted no part of Mack I watched the whole game. They couldn’t deal with him, but it’s not in the DNA over that way to just hand the ball off. I think that was the point there. Not bashing Catholic or the kids, but go to YouTube and watch the game. There was definitely some suspicious calls. One in particular was when they drilled your QB he clear fumbles, the beanbag was dropped and the white hat comes in and just said no. Tape does not lie. But, all of that is moot. Congratulations on another ring. Great program and tradition.

Because they are scared when they get off the bus. I think Stimey is stupid, but one point was spot on. Catholic wanted no part of Mack I watched the whole game. They couldn’t deal with him, but it’s not in the DNA over that way to just hand the ball off. I think that was the point there. Not bashing Catholic or the kids, but go to YouTube and watch the game. There was definitely some suspicious calls. One in particular was when they drilled your QB he clear fumbles, the beanbag was dropped and the white hat comes in and just said no. Tape does not lie. But, all of that is moot. Congratulations on another ring. Great program and tradition.
Mack is a load for sure. Kid ran with a purpose all night.

Yea I don't understand when a team runs against us for 5,6 or 7 yards on first down, then they come back with an incomplete pass and now it is 3rd and 4

As far as calls go I would love to see a better angle of Paysour's 4th down OT catch where it looked like every part of his body was out of bounds when he caught it but they called it a touchdown. Also a lot of KM people were complaining aboutThe first OT pass interference call. but if you YouTube the under the radar video summary you can see clear as day he wrapped the receivers arms before the ball got there and the receiver was unable to extend his arms to catch the ball, it was a solid PI call.

Reactions: crestrulz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT