ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps Elite 8 4A Rankings - Week 10

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Here are the latest rankings in the NCPreps.com Elite 8 for Week 10 of the NC high school football season.

These rankings are sponsored by XPloderBar.

NCPREPS.COM ELITE 8 4A RANKINGS

1. Mallard Creek (7-0-1)
2. Myers Park (8-0)
3. Richmond County (8-0)
4. Vance (6-1)
5. Leesville Road (8-0)
6. Scotland County (8-0)
7. East Forsyth (7-1)
8. Grimsley (8-1)

Here are the latest rankings in the NCPreps.com Elite 8 for Week 10 of the NC high school football season.

These rankings are sponsored by XPloderBar.

NCPREPS.COM ELITE 8 4A RANKINGS

1. Mallard Creek (7-0-1)
2. Myers Park (8-0)
3. Richmond County (8-0)
4. Vance (6-1)
5. Leesville Road (8-0)
6. Scotland County (8-0)
7. East Forsyth (7-1)
8. Grimsley (8-1)
Ok #5 has struggled with some pretty avg. teams might be time to pump the brakes on them. 19 -14 over Millbrook!

Reactions: btango
The polls are what holds the lights up around the FIELD... The FIELD is where the game is played... all looks good to me...GO RAIDERS!!!

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
Lol again polls dont matter for us it's all about the postseason. Theres a bunch of no.1s got put early so drop us...hell put us out the top 10 its jus a poll.
I'm like you.....Polls in Oct. Really? Polls in high school won't stop an unranked team from going to the playoffs or even winning the State Championship!

The polls pump a lot of life into programs and players. Not every program is MC and ranked in the top 5 every week for the past 10 years. I think LR is over ranked, but I am sure it has brought a lot of excitement to the school and the community. The problem isn't the polls, the problem lies with the people who simply put too much stock into the polls.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
The polls pump a lot of life into programs and players. Not every program is MC and ranked in the top 5 every week for the past 10 years. I think LR is over ranked, but I am sure it has brought a lot of excitement to the school and the community. The problem isn't the polls, the problem lies with the people who simply put too much stock into the polls.
Polls and ratings aren't completely useless as many on here think. Sure, they can be overblown, but they can give an idea of the relative strengths of teams, and/or perceived strengths of teams. The NCHSAA uses Maxpreps ratings, though it's rather weird and strange how they use it.

We do need to discern the difference between a poll and a rating scale system. When you have individuals submitting votes for how they perceive a team should be ranked, that's a poll. The problem with polls is that everyone who votes hasn't seen all the teams. So, what happens is you have a ranking based on one's perception.

Whereas a rating scale based ranking, doesn't necessarily include perceptions but ratings based on a how a team has performed on the field. I believe you need input from both numbers and humans, so when I was doing my ratings, I tried to incorporate both into the ratings. I tried to downplay margin of victory, though points were awarded for it, because all kinds of factors come into play regarding margin of victory, especially at the high school level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben-Badd
Absolutely guys, my last remark meant nothing, but in all seriousness I'm probably one of the first ones to grab the paper, or go online to read these ratings because that's what we have to go by. We dont always agree, but we get the idea and we certainly have the right to disagree. That's just the way it is until the end of the season. The champions will be crowned. Then we have the answers. Until then, we watch, and rant and rave, and hope, the wins the losses the upsets...That's what we do.. lol. GO
RAIDERS...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT