ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps.com Pre-season Top 10 3A Poll

Let's just forget about the team who went to the Eastern finals and returns most of their starters from last season. Remember the Jacksonville Cardinals. Team is loaded again.

Those who know me would tell you that I agree with you about Jacksonville. Their opponents had better come ready to play.

Jacksonville will be very good, again, this year. The Cards have one of the best coaching staffs in the state on paper with Beau, Chip and the arrival of Southwest Onslow's old coach who won several titles.

State semi-finals in 3A. Lost to Eastern Guilford

Catholic, Dudley, AL Brown, tabor and others will have a field day. Two years ago East Forsyth and Eastern Guilford did a jamboree together at a new bridge bank event. The Eastern Guilford coach pulled his team from the field and went to the buses. East scored when and whenever they pleased that scrimmage.

In addition, Eastern Guilford barely beat Southeast Guilford (28-24) it's the only placement (4a) game they played. Southeast lost (42-7) to page, 55-7 to Dudley, hell 34-14 to Southwest Guilford, lost to Davie 42-14 even lost to ragsdale. A lot of these teams simply won't match up to the 4A teams coming in. Mount tabor, Dudley, catholic, etc all take over and have there way with the division.

Catholic, Dudley, AL Brown, tabor and others will have a field day. Two years ago East Forsyth and Eastern Guilford did a jamboree together at a new bridge bank event. The Eastern Guilford coach pulled his team from the field and went to the buses. East scored when and whenever they pleased that scrimmage.

In addition, Eastern Guilford barely beat Southeast Guilford (28-24) it's the only placement (4a) game they played. Southeast lost (42-7) to page, 55-7 to Dudley, hell 34-14 to Southwest Guilford, lost to Davie 42-14 even lost to ragsdale. A lot of these teams simply won't match up to the 4A teams coming in. Mount tabor, Dudley, catholic, etc all take over and have there way with the division.

Well I agree that Dudley will be a dominant team regardless of classification and that some of the others dropping down will definitely win their share of games, its not going to be the cakewalk you predicting. Dudley and Hillside are physically imposing in any classification but the others will have to work against the really good 3A teams especially those in the west.

Those who know me would tell you that I agree with you about Jacksonville. Their opponents had better come ready to play.
They all can sleep on them. Will get ran past just like allot of teams did last year in the playoffs. By a bunch of 10th graders a few Juniors and a couple of seniors. This year's bunch faster and bigger at every position. Not saying they are going to win them all. I never do..however I don't care who it is they line up against they had better be ready to play. They had better be able to deal with some serious athletes all over the field also.

They all can sleep on them. Will get ran past just like allot of teams did last year in the playoffs. By a bunch of 10th graders a few Juniors and a couple of seniors. This year's bunch faster and bigger at every position. Not saying they are going to win them all. I never do..however I don't care who it is they line up against they had better be ready to play. They had better be able to deal with some serious athletes all over the field also.

It's not about sleeping on anyone. With teams like Hillside and Dudley(if they by some luck of the draw go east), or maybe even Cape Fear, they will exit earlier than the state finals.

What does what happened two years ago have anything to do with this year? No pne cares.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT