ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps.com Pre-season Top 10 1A Poll

I absolutely LOVE the disrespect can't wait till my cardinals prove all this wrong come November

Pre season polls don't mean anything. Let's just play ball and see who comes out on top.

Dang its just a poll. Dont see any disrespect towards any team. Most, if not all of us, realize all that matters is if your team is playing in December. Cant hang a championship on a poll.

Based on that first poll, it seems that a lot of folk think the west is loaded this year as 7 of the top 10 teams are from the West.....Will be interesting to see how 1A newcomers Holmes and North Rowan do this year in the 1AA playoffs....Think it's fair to say that a Holmes/Tarboro matchup in the East looks probable later this season.....Also, it will be interesting to see if the Cavaliers can unseat the Warriors in the YVC in their return to the 1A class?.....Obviously, another Murphy/Plymouth showdown for the 1A final is a good preseason bet, but can either Mitchell or MICS change that in the West, and will the Vikings have any challengers in the East that can keep them from making a record 6th straight appearance in the 1A finals?

Will be interesting to see how the new 1A playoffs work with less playoff teams qualifying this year?

Unless my guess is wrong, looks like 5 1a and 5 1aa. Pretty even split.

1a #1
1aa

With the reduced number of teams in the playoffs and a whole bunch of very good teams that is not included on this list, (which could be and may should
be included), the playoffs should have some very competitive games.

Deana hope and pray things are getting better for you and your family. Thanks for the rankings but please don't feel obligated to this....Priorities.. I know you do but we will understand.

Reactions: Deana_King
Unless my guess is wrong, looks like 5 1a and 5 1aa. Pretty even split.

1a #1
1aa

With the reduced number of teams in the playoffs and a whole bunch of very good teams that is not included on this list, (which could be and may should
be included), the playoffs should have some very competitive games.

Deana hope and pray things are getting better for you and your family. Thanks for the rankings but please don't feel obligated to this....Priorities.. I know you do but we will understand.
Mount Airy has been 1AA sense 2008 and maybe 2009 when they dropped to 1A in 2008 and won the state 1A championship and runner up in 2009. Pretty sure 1AA 2010 thru 2016. Someone correct me if I am wrong,just going on memory. Also are really hard to predict and Deana did her best ,I am sure !

My bad FNL, I had heard that MA figured to go small this season. Still some good teams on the small side.

My bad FNL, I had heard that MA figured to go small this season. Still some good teams on the small side.
They may go 1A but they have been on the boarderline I think the last few years and could very well drop this year. Yes it has been said they may drop to 1A this year. I guess we will have to wait and see. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT