ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps.com Elite 8 1A Rankings - Week 2

You went to State because of Mt. Airys injuries. You can tell your program isn't accustomed to winning. Geez some of you guys are annoying with your chest thumping. Do it 5 years in a row, then beat your chest.
What’s the excuse going to be this year when ES goes back to State??

Again we are at week 2 fellas , one injury in 1a/1aa football can change the trajectory of a team . Enjoy the ride and pump the brakes

Again we are at week 2 fellas , one injury in 1a/1aa football can change the trajectory of a team . Enjoy the ride and pump the brakes
Agreed, but I don’t believe people understand just how talented ES really is. I understand ES hasn’t won State Championships and everything like most of the SMC. However, it’s just ignorant to judge this ES team compared to previous teams because it’s totally different athletes and coaches.

Your kidding right there are 10 players that run a 4.4 at the combine every single year do you realize this isn’t the 50’s??

Yep, and they’re 20+ yr old, out of college, well trained athletes from across the US! But you guys happen to have 6 at ES! SMH!

Reactions: BulldogDad27-23
Agreed, but I don’t believe people understand just how talented ES really is. I understand ES hasn’t won State Championships and everything like most of the SMC. However, it’s just ignorant to judge this ES team compared to previous teams because it’s totally different athletes and coaches.
outside of the brothers, where is all this talent? Recalibrate your stopwatch. Coaches add 10lbs, 2 inches, and shave 2 tenths. It's a well know fact.

I look forward to Friday ,we will see were this defense stands ,can't trade with good teams ,east Wilkes shutdown wasn't much to brag about ,but they looked much faster on the ball than last year ,if they shut out Starmount I'll feel better about where they are .

I watched the highlights on max preps , size at the skill positions a balanced offense , and a ball hawking defense . No one is saying you dont have a good team .

But when you make ridiculous claims about speed and athletes . We have seen them over the years. Players that make you hold your breath everytime they get loose because it's going to the house.

Players like MIC s quarterback 3 or 4 years back. West Montgomery's also comes to mind. Wrh's backs , SWO's , Tarboros .

So excuse us if we roll our eyes at some of these absurd claims.

I did see a very good football team with alot of depth on offense .

Reactions: BulldogDad27-23
Yep, and they’re 20+ yr old, out of college, well trained athletes from across the US! But you guys happen to have 6 at ES! SMH!
Not running a 4.4 we have 4-5 athletes that run 4.6 or better NFL teams have 10 guys per team running a 4.4

outside of the brothers, where is all this talent? Recalibrate your stopwatch. Coaches add 10lbs, 2 inches, and shave 2 tenths. It's a well know fact.
College coaches shave 2 tenths for what reason how does it benefit NC State and Wake forest coaches to shave time off of the athletes runs?

Qb from Tarboro was very fast last season ,he will be hard to stop ,I sit sideline and never have seen anyone hide the ball so well ,,he's one of those players you are talking about .

Reactions: smcdogfan
I don't know what the times are of these players ,but they are very fast ,but a lot of here say goes on in sports ,I think this is their closest chance at a title ,this may be it ,but as I said d is the key ,offensively they have spread the ball a lot this year ,they went into state last year relying on gosnell and he got shut down ,they have to play with Reidsville some to even start that conversation ,word is this defense Reidsville has this season is unreal .Nothwest needs about 3 teams each year like this to get n the mix.

2 other kids already have Power 5 offers, and there’s another handful of kids that could potentially play FCS/D2 football.

There is a such thing as combines/camps these athletes can attend to showcase there talent.
There are. But I’m sure you weren’t invited. So you’re just going by hearsay and what you think you see. Just like cards. 4.4 and under is world class speed. Track speed. But baseball is the sport at ES! You and cards crack me up. Pilot is the only one talking sensible. ES has athletes and a good team this year. There’s several teams that will make the same claim. But the fact still remains that tarboro owns 1AA, Murphy or the other SMC team that yr owns 1A, and when Murphy did go 1AA you couldn’t beat them.

There are. But I’m sure you weren’t invited. So you’re just going by hearsay and what you think you see. Just like cards. 4.4 and under is world class speed. Track speed. But baseball is the sport at ES! You and cards crack me up. Pilot is the only one talking sensible. ES has athletes and a good team this year. There’s several teams that will make the same claim. But the fact still remains that tarboro owns 1AA, Murphy or the other SMC team that yr owns 1A, and when Murphy did go 1AA you couldn’t beat them.
If they go 1AA this year they will get their asses handed to them!!

Probably played football at a higher level than you ever did but it’s not about us. Athletes committing to Power 5 schools and several more receiving interest isn’t hearsay, they must be doing something right but I guess me and a couple other posters are just pulling these numbers outta the sky. You’re entitled to your opinion but you’re just WRONG!!!

Probably played football at a higher level than you ever did but it’s not about us. Athletes committing to Power 5 schools and several more receiving interest isn’t hearsay, they must be doing something right but I guess me and a couple other posters are just pulling these numbers outta the sky. You’re entitled to your opinion but you’re just WRONG!!!

Not out of the sky, it’s blue. Where you’re pulling from has a different shade

You might have, you might have not. But if you’re claiming power 5 for 5-6 players then I doubt it. Shelby would kick the crap out of you and I’m not sure they have 1 power 5. Maybe 1, his brothers at VaTech.

You might have, you might have not. But if you’re claiming power 5 for 5-6 players then I doubt it. Shelby would kick the crap out of you and I’m not sure they have 1 power 5. Maybe 1, his brothers at VaTech.
3 are Power 5 and the rest are FCS/D2

Where are these combines held that kids are running 4.4 at?
Not sure where you got 4.4 from other than the mountain guys flapping their jaw. Only player at East that has touched 4.4 is Gosnell the others we mentioned are 4.6 or better guys. This was timed by college coaches of all levels at the College day that was hosted at East Surry this summer!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT