3. Maiden (6-1)

4. Wallace-Rose Hill (6-1)

5. Burns (6-1)

6. Monroe (6-1)

7. Chase (7-0)

8. Salisbury (7-1)

9. Shelby (4-3)

10. Forest Hills (7-0)

So all 9 (minus WRH) would beat ED, Northeastern, or Princeton without a doubt? I don't have extensive knowledge on the West, but I'm not convinced of that.

Yes, all of the teams you listed have lost multiple title games, except Princeton who couln't even get there. Most teams on the top 10 list have had championship belts so they're proven time and time again and have no 2A losses.

Most of the teams you listed are one dimensional.

ED is experimenting with transition and have good potential. Northeastern is in the process of mastering a diverse offense.

WRH claims they're trying the RPO thing so I guess they're gonna try to be Richmond of 2A, but seems like they're saving it for playoffs or if they even reach the finals.

Princeton would be like a lost goat, and would get eaten alive.

Over who? I could see Salisbury being take out maybe. But even then Salisbury has been looking impressive as well
Don't know enough about western teams to say. Most of them don't do the nfhs thing. I've seen Reidsville play a few times, and I know about Shelby. Seen Monroe and e Surry. All I know about the rest is what the "western guru" says

Reactions: Maiden Creek
What validates this wealth of knowledge you have? You speak like your word is law on this forum. We have a guy from the east like that also
clint-eastwood-no-nonsense.gif

• Haha
So all 9 (minus WRH) would beat ED, Northeastern, or Princeton without a doubt? I don't have extensive knowledge on the West, but I'm not convinced of that.
I just think they all need some quality wins. Clinton has a chance to get one vs St. Paul’s. I believe Princeton is very close and would have an argument over Salisbury maybe.

Yes, all of the teams you listed have lost multiple title games, except Princeton who couln't even get there. Most teams on the top 10 list have had championship belts so they're proven time and time again and have no 2A losses.

ED is experimenting with transition and have good potential. Northeastern is in the process of mastering a diverse offense.

WRH claims they're trying the RPO thing so I guess they're gonna try to be Richmond of 2A, but seems like they're saving it for playoffs or if they even reach the finals.

Pasquotank poster. Your opinion is null and void. Have a winning season and then talk.

East Duplin the transition team. That's a new one. Works for me🤣 🤣

Nah! I think some people sleep on Salisbury, because of how badly Shelby beat them in ‘19, but that’s a very good program, and I thought them beating Thomasville like they did earlier this season was impressive.
I agree, they are a sleeper as well. I’ll give Princeton that they only lost to an undefeated smith Selma team and as well as beat east duplin.

Northeastern has beat 3 teams currently ranked in the top 15 2a East teams….just saying….no one in 2a has done that…east or west.
If another east team gets into this poll…it should be them.

East Duplin is very close…they’re 2-1 in top 20 games…with a one point loss…ugh.

Soooo….I would give the nod to Princeton…after Northeastern.

Ain’t gotta clue on who to take out though to make room.

Last edited:
Northeastern has beat 3 teams currently ranked in the top 15 2a East teams….just saying….no one in 2a has done that…east or west.
If another east team gets into this poll…it should them.

East Duplin is very close…they’re 2-1 in top 20 games…with a one point loss…ugh.

The main thing I agree with in your statement is UGH!!!! That shouldn't of happened but it did. I do think ED got their eyes opened and got better because of it

Last edited:
Nah! I think some people sleep on Salisbury, because of how badly Shelby beat them in ‘19, but that’s a very good program, and I thought them beating Thomasville like they did earlier this season was impressive.
agreed

seen them play already this season. good team speed, explosive, well coached. they also have some hardware in the trophy case.

Looks like we got about twelve teams in the top ten. No surprise it happens every year. These forums seem to be different than in years past. People seem to be talking about other teams rather than bragging on or pushing their own teams, (as in all things there is always and exception to the rule, namely this pool shark from down east). Teams that have enjoyed dominance for the past several years, this year don't look so dominant. There are many teams that in most years have had at least mid level presence the polls that are now absent. Indeed there are a few teams, that in most years are regulars in the the first couple of rounds of the playoffs, that probably won't even make it. Much is said about teams that either haven't won or even played in the Championship. This year it appears things could be a bit dicier, at least until the semi's. This is certainly not a year in which a team can rest on its laurels.

If another east team gets into this poll…it should be them.

How is that even possible Creek? Could it be possible that our conference is the strongest in the east this season. Thanks for the post

How is that even possible Creek? Could it be possible that our conference is the strongest in the east this season. Thanks for the post
Northeastern has already played and beaten their conference teams that are ranked….and yes…their conference is certainly one of the best in the east according to the polls.

The ECC will catch up…..some big games are coming up and teams like WRH, East Duplin and James Kenan could have as many top 20 wins as Northeastern.

We’ll see.

I believe this is the best your conference has been in 10+ years. As for “strongest in the East this season”, I guess we’ll see. The ECC has notoriously been the overall power conference of the 2A East, especially when we had a Phil Padgett led SWO and Clinton in the conference. I’ll stick with the “old guard” until shown otherwise.

I believe this is the best your conference has been in 10+ years. As for “strongest in the East this season”, I guess we’ll see. The ECC has notoriously been the overall power conference of the 2A East, especially when we had a Phil Padgett led SWO and Clinton in the conference. I’ll stick with the “old guard” until shown otherwise.
It’ll be nice when SWO gets back to their winning ways. I’ve always said the east is so much better when SWO is relevant. We all want the old SWO back, even if we don’t like them, it’s a benefit to us all, even up here in the northeast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT