ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps.com 2A Poll - Week 8

Shelby rpi will jump up when they play Burns, question is how much. I imagine if they lose, they'll be around #22 or #23 and face #10 or #11. Very well could be Shelby @ Monroe for 1st round
If we are fortunate to beat Shelby this year, it will really suck for one of the high seeds. Shelby is no doubt a top 10 2A team and probably a top 5. Not one 2A school would have a better record than Shelby has right now with that schedule.

After I typed it. I thought about it. We did beat Crest, so I guess we would have had a better record than Shelby. But I stand by most of the statement. Only 3 teams would have a better record, which keeps Shelby in the Top 5.

I don't know, maybe just Burns would have a better record. The playoffs are going to tell a big story on all of this, its not so matter of fact like you guys are making it out to be.

I don't know, maybe just Burns would have a better record. The playoffs are going to tell a big story on all of this, its not so matter of fact like you guys are making it out to be.
Listen, I've said it several times on here. I don't think Burns is as great as we are being proclaimed. We have some deficiencies in our game. I think we are most definitely a top 2A team in the state though. But depending on the matchup, we could run into a team that gives us fits.

Listen, I've said it several times on here. I don't think Burns is as great as we are being proclaimed. We have some deficiencies in our game. I think we are most definitely a top 2A team in the state though. But depending on the matchup, we could run into a team that gives us fits.
Matchup has a lot to do with it.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I'm glad to see the Yellow Jackets make it this week. Wasn't sure how big the Parkwood win really was until I looked at the South Carolina scores. That ranked 4A Indian Land team Parkwood upset turned around and beat another pretty good 4A 4-1 York S.C. I do worry a little about FH pass protection at times. Parkwood had some big boys up front but the O-Line held their ground pretty good. Got to work on some dumb penalties even though there were some God awful calls by the refs Friday. Anson County up next one of our two biggest rivals. Monroe destroyed them 56-3. Hope we can do the same so I can give my dad a hard time. He's an Anson Alum. 🤪

Let everyone over look ED and Jk. ANYONE who knows anything about 2A Football knows that come playoff time East Duplin is Always in contention!!!
You can claim us Yellow Jackets. We've played in both the east and the west because we're located in the center of the state. We've even played in the east regional finals. One of our current conference members, Anson County, use to always go east when they were in Richmond County's 4A Conference.

Last edited:
they all would have beat Crest JV team
Shelby never should’ve lost to Crest. Shelby is/was clearly the better team. They had a mental melt down plus got tired in the second half. Shelby has way too much talent on defense to give up 54 to Crest. I know Sosebee is a great offensive coach and he exposed Shelby’s defense, but Shelby’s defense was poorly coached in that game.
No excuses for Shelby’s defense being so bad early on this year. There’s way too much talent on this team to be that bad.

On a side note - East Surry must be real.

2A

1. East Surry (7-0)

2. Reidsville (6-1)

3. Maiden (5-1)

4. Wallace-Rose Hill (6-1)

5. Burns (5-1)

6. Monroe (6-1)

7. Chase (6-0)

8. Salisbury (6-1)

9. Shelby (4-3)

10. Forest Hills (6-0)
Get out of western North Carolina sometime, only 1 eastern team ranked? Come on Deanna!
Or change the name to Western NCPreps. (I’m serious)

Last edited:
The Wza of East Hogwartz farms probably thinks half his conference should be in there....just because.
Wiz and I don't always see eye to eye but in this case he is CORRECT!!! East Duplin, Clinton, Princeton, James Kenan, Hertford, all should be in consideration to be ranked. Not saying all should make it but 1 or 2 of the above mentioned teams should be ranked along with Wallace from the East. To only have 1 Eastern team in the rankings is Ridiculous!!!

Wiz and I don't always see eye to eye but in this case he is CORRECT!!! East Duplin, Clinton, Princeton, James Kenan, Hertford, all should be in consideration to be ranked. Not saying all should make it but 1 or 2 of the above mentioned teams should be ranked along with Wallace from the East. To only have 1 Eastern team in the rankings is Ridiculous!!!
Out of that list only East Duplin or Princeton could be ranked. Since Princeton beat East Duplin I would say them. I think Hertford county was ranked but just lost to Northeastern, who I think could climb in the polls.

You sound worse than Wiz bringing up JK and Princeton, you should be doubly ashamed of yourself.

I'll ask you the same question I asked him. Who would you take out and replace with who? If it your answer sounds like pig poop, I will let you know loudly and boldly.

Out of that list only East Duplin or Princeton could be ranked. Since Princeton beat East Duplin I would say them. I think Hertford county was ranked but just lost to Northeastern, who I think could climb in the polls.

This makes sense, and I get your logic....that's why I dont think any of them should be ranked. I would have put ED if they hadn't lost to Princeton, but after that loss ED just belongs on the shelf till the Wallace game to see what they can do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT