ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA Western Regionals coming back to Hickory?

CHEERDUCK

Jun 5, 2001
Hickory, NC
The word out is that is the discussion going on now. The Regionals were held in the Hickory area from the early 80's until being moved to Winston-Salem in 2003. The reason given at the time was the limited seating availability with the venues. The same venues are under consideration again.

Reactions: ocdavis31
I’m unaware of the venue options in the Hickory area. Would it be Lenoir Rhyne’s facility? Or others?

Lenoir Rhyne seats about 3000. CVCC has a nice gym that L-R's conference actually has used for its tournament before, but only seats about 2000. Regionals used to utilize a few area high schools.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
I remember traveling with my mom and grandmother to Newton-Conover plenty of times to watch the Lady Braves in the 90s. Even got my arm stuck in the bleachers one year down there...haha

I hope LR gets it. I went and watched CP3 play there in 2003. Definitely had an old school feel to it

I hope LR gets it. I went and watched CP3 play there in 2003. Definitely had an old school feel to it
I was there also, I remember having to wait for early game to finish to get in. I attended L-R, but gym is just not big enough for 4A games. CVCC is even smaller. Hickory is ideal location, but need larger arena.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT