ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA update

32 total teams...16 in 4A and 16 in 4AA. Thus, 8 in 4A West, 8 in 4A East, 8 in 4AA West and 8 in 4AA East. I believe that you can accomplish in 4 weeks and have a state champion.

32 total teams...16 in 4A and 16 in 4AA. Thus, 8 in 4A West, 8 in 4A East, 8 in 4AA West and 8 in 4AA East. I believe that you can accomplish in 4 weeks and have a state champion.
Yes that can. I was interpreting it as 16 in east and west in each class. If it is 8 and 8 there are going to be a ton of teams with decent records staying home. Is it the best 16 teams or the best 16 in the east and west? If it is east and west then it is really going to squeeze teams that are pretty good. If you go 5-2 in your conference you could very well be out. Who knows what will happen!

Conferences with 6 or fewer teams get one automatic berth. Conferences with 7 or 8 teams get 2 automatic berths. I don't think any 4A conference has more than 8 teams but 9 teams and above gets 3 automatic spots.

Northwestern 3A/4A--1 auto berth
CPC--1 auto berth
So. Meck 7--2 auto berths
Metro 4A--1 auto berth
I-Meck--2 auto berths
Southwestern 4A--2 auto berths
Triangle 8--2 auto berths
CAP 7--2 auto berths
Northern Athletic--1 auto berth
Eastern Carolina 3A/4A--1 auto berth
South Wake--2 auto berths
Mid-Eastern 3A/4A--1 auto berth
Sandhills Athletic--2 auto berths
Patriot Athletic 3A/4A-1 auto berth

That's 21 automatic berths in 4A/4AA which leaves 11 "wildcard" spots. The language NCHSAA uses on this should be a good read in the coming months.

Conferences with 6 or fewer teams get one automatic berth. Conferences with 7 or 8 teams get 2 automatic berths. I don't think any 4A conference has more than 8 teams but 9 teams and above gets 3 automatic spots.

Northwestern 3A/4A--1 auto berth
CPC--1 auto berth
So. Meck 7--2 auto berths
Metro 4A--1 auto berth
I-Meck--2 auto berths
Southwestern 4A--2 auto berths
Triangle 8--2 auto berths
CAP 7--2 auto berths
Northern Athletic--1 auto berth
Eastern Carolina 3A/4A--1 auto berth
South Wake--2 auto berths
Mid-Eastern 3A/4A--1 auto berth
Sandhills Athletic--2 auto berths
Patriot Athletic 3A/4A-1 auto berth

That's 21 automatic berths in 4A/4AA which leaves 11 "wildcard" spots. The language NCHSAA uses on this should be a good read in the coming months.
The midsouth I guess that is still the name (they change so much) in Fayetteville has 9 teams. It is a split conference almost 50/50 with 5 3a teams and 4 3a teams with one being Overhills which is in HArnett County the two other Fayetteville Schools Britt and 71st play in the Sandhills. I would imagine there is a 9 team conference in Raleigh with damn near 26 schools in the county. You right though this is going to be interesting because it has the potential to have a lot of issues.

Reactions: Eagles/Trojans13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT