ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA News is Coming...

killa_15

Nov 10, 2001
...through the rumor mill...later this week or early next week an announcement will be made of how the NCHSAA WILL MOVE FORWARD with athletics barring anything crazy in sickness and politics.

The seasons may not be "Traditional Schedule" but the good news is the kids will hopefully have a chance to play this school year. So when you see the projected seasons/schedules, don't throw a fit, complain, wish for more/less games, longer/shorter season, etc. Be Happy that everything hasn't been cancelled.

I'm excited about even having a conversation that football games can still take place!

In the meantime...pray for our coaches, teachers, administrators, students, and support staff. It's uncharted territory for them all.

Today at 2PM the NCHSAA will have a press conference where they once again will show there is no leadership and no one wants to make a decision.

I hope Im wrong

Reactions: Slasher Killer
Today at 2PM the NCHSAA will have a press conference where they once again will show there is no leadership and no one wants to make a decision.

I hope Im wrong

One thing is for sure...the same people who have been blasting Tucker and the NCHSAA for not making a quick decision will be the same ones who will complain that whatever decision is made is lousy, dumb, unfair, or connected to politics in some way.

Some type of season is better than no season at all. My son is a senior and as much as he would love to play a full season and I would like to watch him something is better than nothing.

From a source:

* No official/required sports practices or team tryouts before Nov 4
* All seasons will be shortened with fewer games allowed (7 FB games, 14 in most other sports)
* XC and VB start Nov 4- Jan 8
* Swimming from Nov 23- Jan 30
* Basketball from Dec 7- Feb 19
* M Soccer & LX from Jan 11- March 12
* Football from Feb 8- April 9
* Golf, B Tennis, W Soccer, Softball from Mar 1- April 30
* Baseball, W Tennis, Track, Wrestling from April 12- June 11

This is a joke right? Starting with that November 4th start date.

No way football will play Feb 8 to April 9. Easter is April 4th. Too many conflicts with spring breaks.

Ridiculous. Start in coldest part of winter. Kids don’t want to get hurt before college. Ridiculous

Reactions: raider1959
Well the pink elephant is out of the room finally . We all knew this was coming . So good bball teams could run late in to football. Is this with or without fans ? Does anyone know?

I wonder will schedules be different? Obviously in Reidsvilles case we will play conference games. But I would think the county games may not be able to be played, so I wonder if we can get some different non conf games in.

Top teams may change significantly if top players opt to enroll in college for the spring semester

Reactions: 97Cougar
All you guys worrying about cold weather must be a bunch of wimps. Football was made for cold weather. Where are my mountain posters? I know the cold don't bother you guys. Teams that run the spread and throw the ball all over the field, y'all are going to have a problem possibly.
Hand it to the fullback, toss it to a wingback or let the quarterback keep. That's the best way to handle cold weather. I've been to Smokey Mountain High School when the temperature was in the mid twenties and the wind blowing ten to fifteen mph. I've been to Hibriten High School when it was in the teens. Quit bitchin, play ball.
SHS Lion, nobody making your kids play. If they are skeered, they can stay home with momma.

All you guys worrying about cold weather must be a bunch of wimps. Football was made for cold weather. Where are my mountain posters? I know the cold don't bother you guys. Teams that run the spread and throw the ball all over the field, y'all are going to have a problem possibly.
Hand it to the fullback, toss it to a wingback or let the quarterback keep. That's the best way to handle cold weather. I've been to Smokey Mountain High School when the temperature was in the mid twenties and the wind blowing ten to fifteen mph. I've been to Hibriten High School when it was in the teens. Quit bitchin, play ball.
SHS Lion, nobody making your kids play. If they are skeered, they can stay home with momma.
Shelby scared? That's the stupidest statement you have ever made.

Ok SHS Lions, why are kids at Shelby more likely to get hurt when it's cold. If they are afraid they'll get hurt and mess up their college career, maybe they shouldn't play. College kids are doing it all the time now.

The first sports that can begin practice are cross country and volleyball.They can begin practice on Wednesday November 4th.Why not Monday November 2nd?

Reactions: 97Cougar
The first sports that can begin practice are cross country and volleyball.They can begin practice on Wednesday November 4th.Why not Monday November 2nd?
It may pertain to the number of school campuses, including gyms, that are polling places on election Tuesday.

Reactions: beamer24
Don't get too ahead of ourselves....if ACC chickens out on the season....the NCHSAA will be right behind....doesn't matter what season....if panic pushers who have America by the nuts get their way....sports won't happen for years..........................
You greatly underestimate the ACC and the options they have depending on what happens during the season.

For just once I would like to see everyone who wants to trash the NCHSAA come forward with what they think needs to be done and offer constructive ideas instead of just being negative.

When you are making decisions that could affect the lives of young people it's not so easy. And young people do die from the COVID-19.

Reactions: Ramkiller2016

Yeah I have been to some mighty cold games up here in November .Most kids will tell you with all they wear they had rater play when it;s cold.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT